Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tong

Character Recolors, PSDs, and Renderings [*New* BBCF Available]

I'll just go in order then. I was planning on doing all the characters CS colors eventually anyways.

Since I did Rags I should do Jin next.

Oh, and I also already have a few Noel re-colors as well if you'd like those. :3 I also have one for Bang I did for a friend.

I would like Noel recolors.

*NEW*

To download the PSD, with paths for custom editing for you liking and everthing, click the Top Tier.

Lamb_nu.png

Edit: Fixed many issues and updated the main post.

Thats so cool, nice work. =o

I'll make lambda's sheet soon enough too

Anyway, here's your EVA Murakumo Blade...

Lamby_eva.png

If you also need Jin, just ask for the lady upthere :D

Whilst working on Jin's DLC palettes I figured I'd go ahead and toss this in here:

10i9i6x.png

I believe this was the color requested(?) Not sure, just went through the CT content kit, but I'm pretty sure this is it. Click it to download the full resolution of this.

Not a problem. For the Dizzy-mu I have two image options. I have her character select portrait, and her story mode vector. I have a template for the vector, and have recolored it a few times. Heres one I did for a TE template I made for myself: http://i1087.photobucket.com/albums/j476/SolarMisae/TE%20Templates/MU_TE.png?t=1293375372

So more or less my question is, do you want me to use that vector (it's very high resolution) or the character select portrait? If the latter it'll take longer since I don't have a template for that yet. Noel I have one for though, so she shouldn't take very long.

It's no prob, It will just will take longer since I have to make the template first.

Anyways, since I already had a Noel template I went ahead and did hers:

f5ab06.png

Click to download full resolution version.

Hmmmm.. Do you have Tsubaki's CS Story Mode artwork template, especially her battle pose by any chance?

I have it, although it isn't a PNG but I can make it into one. Keep in mind it wouldn't be perfect though.

I can never seem to be able get just one color, it changes sections I don't want to. (Like Litchi's Dress+Skin at the same time)

I see.. I will make a quick tut then, so you can understand a little better how to color...

Very nice outcome =o

But try to make darker tones using "colorize" mode and cranking down the Lightness slider...

Anyway, a quick tut explaining.

Usually, to color sprites, people usually just fill the pixels with their desired color using the bucket tool.However, that just doesnt work with artworks, because there are just too many pixels too fill 1 by 1 and some colors conflict with each other.But theres another way to color both sprites and art.

RGN008.png

You ALSO, fill each part in order to "mark" where to color, otherwise the program wouldnt know where you want to change de stuff. Keep in mind, different parts, different layers.

Proceed then to CTRL+U/CTRL+B while having one part selected, again CTRL+Left Click on the thumbnail of the corresponding "marker".Thats it, simple...FOR AWHILE.

For artworks, you do the same thing.

Ragnatuty.png

This time, you use the pen tool to accurately mark.Polygonal lasso is fine too, but lacks some precision.

Its a harder than a sprites for 1 reason, you have to fill the parts manually, since the Bucket wont help you this time.

Thats pretty much it, If you still cant get to color the rights parts, I recommend download one of the templates provided in the first page ;)