Sign in to follow this  
Spirit Juice

BBCS1 Tier List: THE FINAL CHAPTER

Lol @ one of the best Chars (tao) dies in two combos at high lvl play

Three combos with a burst! :P

And that's not actually that different from the rest of the cast when you get right down to it. :P

Don't worry, Makoto looks retarded in CS2. Who needs a balanced game when you can pick the best character and beat a lot of people easier, anyway?

:kitty:

Three combos with a burst! :P

And that's not actually that different from the rest of the cast when you get right down to it. :P

true, but can every character get two-pieced by every other character in the game

nah man. Bang stands alone in S tier.

didn't you see the stickbug tier list?

That was a match-up chart made by members of the community, and therefore dustloop biased. (Tier lists aren't necessarily made by a match-up chart BTW.)

If you guys really think Taokaka and Litchi are SS tier, we may as well ban them from tournaments because SS tier is god tier realm. Like, ST Akuma and Ivan Ooze kind of ridiculousness.

This tier list is JP, and therefore JP biased.

Jiyuna thinks Tao is better than Bang and but that opinion is obviously Jiyuna biased.

LK thinks Litchi is the best character in the game, which makes that opinion LK biased.

SpiritJuice thinks that there shouldn't be an SS tier, but that's obviously a SpiritJuice bias.

St1ckBuG thinks that Lambda will always have an advantage vs. Ragna, but St1ckBuG is stupid and no one cares about his stupid biased opinion (or the fact that he couldn't win a match in BB to save his life).

Japan always thought Tao was good, not just because of SBO. If you think that all of a sudden JP players hopped on some 'Tao is dagawd' bandwagon then you're seriously mistaken. The same can't be said for the US though... but guess what? It doesn't matter, because after SBO there was no shift in character strength... because what people see, hear, and think won't (necessarily) change their approach to the game or their character choice. To make this point even stronger, BBCS2 was on the horizon (for JP arcades) so I can guarantee that more JP BB players were concerned about what BBCS2 was going to throw at them rather than contemplate their current gameplay in BBCS1. Too add to this: for some reason a majority of the US BB scene thought that we were getting BBCS2 console a couple weeks/months after arcade release because of what Mori posted on his geocities account back in March of 2010. This brought (a lot of) the US community to stick with their current mindset since a new version was on the horizon (even though common sense tells you that having a console release immediately after arcade release is dumbfuck tier in terms of running a successful business, but I digress).

So where does that bring us? This thread.

Tier lists will never make everyone happy because everyone has different experiences with the game, so why make a thread about a topic that will always be retarded and pointless, and then argue about which opinion is more correct? Seriously?

A lot of people think that Tao is better than Bang for legit reasons, but you just shoot down their opinions because it's a JBBS tier list and you're 'SBO factor' crap? Give me a break. You ask for people to not be retarded and share their honest opinion yet you give retarded answers. I'll agree that a lot of the US scene never knew how good Tao was pre-SBO because they never saw ridiculously good play, but how are you going to hold it against them? There are no ridiculously good Tao players in the US (no offense to any of the Tao players reading this), so how is anyone going to make a post that makes you happy? We base our opinions off of our own (biased) experiences and tournament results... what's the problem with that?

You could make an East Coast vs. West Coast thread in this forum and end up with the same result as this one: a hundred pages of crap.

My biased opinion: Litchi > Tao > Bang > rest of cast. Why?

-Because Litchi is hands down the best character in the game: good damage, pressure/mixup, space control, oki (in a non-oki game), and meter gain. Most starters will eat close to half of your life or more, give her 50 meter, and land you in the corner where you're forced to neutral tech into more pressure/mixup that just resets the process. I get to play the best Litchi in the country (more than I like to) so I get to see (and get hit by) all of her stupid broken crap. She was given too many good tools in this game compared to the rest of the cast. Of course I'm going to think this character is the best: I get raped by her the most.

-Because Tao is a very strong character. Tons of gimmicks, but can even rape most of the cast with just solid play. She has a good neutral game (movement/space control, which also leads to her mixup), pressure, good damage/abare, and probably the best counter-assault in the game. Her good points far out-weight the bad (low primers, health, lack of reversal).

-Because Bang, even though very strong, is below Litchi and Tao. His neutral and isn't as good as top 2 and strongly depends on a limited source. His damage is on par with Tao, but I feel that Tao has a higher damage potential. His mix-up and movement are strong, but easier to deal with when compared to Litchi and Tao. I feel that he is only slightly below Tao in terms of character strength. I think the only reason I rank him lower is because of what I feel is more important and desired in BB to beat most good players.

-Because I play Lambda, and all 3 of those match-ups suck.

tldr; tier lists don't matter, so please stop making these threads thinking they're going to do the community good.

I got a question: years ago I saw a HUGE writeup justifying each character in their placement in the tiers in GGXXAC, offense capability, defense ability, move rank, stats, the works (I think it might've been Gwyrgyn Blood who wrote it but I could be wrong).

Will we see something like that for these BB Tierlists?

That was in the GGAC tier list thread. It was written by someone or a group of people on JBBS. DL community translated it.

I wrote one for BBCS1 a few months after the game came out. I was going to update it recently but eh... don't really see the point anymore.

(Tier lists aren't necessarily made by a match-up chart BTW.)

yet i think they should

tldr; tier lists don't matter, so please stop making these threads thinking they're going to do the community good.

while i agree that tier liest dont matter (unleast your character is truly garbagestic)

some theory fighting dont hurt if the discussion is handled in a proper way

the real problem comes that as you said the people express their opinion based on thir experiences, this alone wouldnt be a problem if it wasnt that many try to shove their opinion as fact and in many cases, the people voicing their opinion, doesnt have enough experience on the game to make at least a good statement

I got a question: years ago I saw a HUGE writeup justifying each character in their placement in the tiers in GGXXAC, offense capability, defense ability, move rank, stats, the works (I think it might've been Gwyrgyn Blood who wrote it but I could be wrong).

Will we see something like that for these BB Tierlists?

I made one after NEC last year, but never got around to posting it, didn't think it was the time. It also doesn't align with the community list.

Lol @ one of the best Chars (tao) dies in two combos at high lvl play

Your point being? Good luck catching a decent Tao with your combos that lead to 5k lolilolol. It's not like she basically sets the pace of the match or something.

I made one after NEC last year, but never got around to posting it, didn't think it was the time. It also doesn't align with the community list.

It'd be a damn interesting read.

I'd like to see it

Good fucking post Stickbug.

And everyone that "quoted me for irony", glad you appreciated it, but it was a trap. I said "PICK" a higher tier character to win easily; I had it handed to me on a silver platter after I picked damn near the worst character in the game.

In other news, I'm learning Tao, and I'm going to rape every kid with the bullshit she can do.

In other news, I'm learning Tao, and I'm going to rape every kid with the bullshit she can do.

I wouldn't bother. I heard she requires skill to play. You should probably just keep with Bang and Ragna and learn Tager instead.

You're both really cute. I learned the Taunt loop and three pick ups into it in 2 hours today, and her footsies and spacing are fucking easy.

I thought she'd be easy to play, but I didn't get good with her for about a month and a half.

It's funny reading all this shit for a game whose total lifespan is barely over a year with most people just now realizing how good Tao is, coming from a MvC2 background where year 1-2 tier lists had shit like S tier Doctor Doom. In that game all kinds of nonsense that was considered broken or inescapable eventually became obsolete from the discovery of other broken nonsense. Just makes you wonder about if a game like CS1 (or even SSF4) were given a bit longer to develop shifts in the metagame before the mighty hands of the balance patch "fixed" stuff that was perceived too good/bad (assuming the game has the depth to support this exploration).

Doesn't really matter much either way, we're speaking in the context of a country that collectively can barely IB/react to overheads/tech throws/perform rudimentary defensive maneuvers.

Edited by tastylumpia

On Jin 6B discussion -

this move is still a top class move when used properly imo

there's just a reason you don't see things like 6C > 6B or 5C > 6B often, for the above reasons

but when used in a way to beat throws, it's excellent

getting CH against a whiffed throw or being +4 on barrier block (os throw tech) is pretty good imo!

but why does this situation happen in the first place? if people learned to tech throws on reaction, this wouldn't be an issue. even on the off chance you miss the tech window, it's still preferable to eat a throw than a counter hit 6B.

Players use OS tech vs Jin because between 6B and throw reject miss, Jin has way too many ways to fuck with your reactions. Even though I agree that it's better to be thrown than get hit with CH 6B starter, proper use of 6B/throw/throw reject miss leaves Jin at worst at +4 with them still blocking, at best, them getting thrown.