Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

shtkn

San Diego's thread of meetups every Friday Night at SD Saltmines

Heres what ive noticed these past few fridays. and i guess i just wanna throw out info out there for the newer people showing up recently.

here it goes....

Hi new people! I dont have any idea how you found out about dustloop fridays whether it be this thread or from a friend or if your even reading this in the first place.

I just want to throw out some tips out there if you decide to keep coming back because i believe you SHOULD be getting more out of your visits then you are at the moment.

so here are some pointers out there:

1.Call next if you want play.

-just like an arcade you put up a quarter on the machine to notify the people currently playing that you want to play the next 2/3 set.

-you dont necessarily have to wait til someone is done and wants to take a break at 20 matches or so. if you want to play, then play.

2.When your playing, DONT be afraid to ask QUESTIONS.

- we dont bite. we promise

- we wont get mad at you or think of you as a scrub or anything ridiculuous like that but in fact, we appreciate it when you DO ask questions. because it shows

that you care and want to get better.

-none of us start out good at the game. remember that at one time we were at a point in our gameplay similar to you.

-also, its not not necessarily the other players responsibility to give you tips and what not so they dont have to. but if you ASk. Almost ALL people will tell you.

-whatever scrubby online troll, hater, bla bla bla experience you run into, dont assume that is the same case with offline meetups. the offline meetups are generally

filled with people that CARE.

3.(this ones a bit tricky but read it carefully). Dont NOT play because your afraid to lose

-even the best of the history of the WORLD will still lose in one point. if you are aware of the top street fighter player daigo umehara, in evo 2011 he didnt win a

single round in a 2 out of 3 set and also got perfected in the last one by poongko before the top 4 qualifier for sf4ae, in front of a crowd, during the stream etc etc

-dont worry about people watching. that SHOULDNT concern you (people dont pick this up right away actually. it requires a bit of mental training in a way so just

hang in there).

4.Last but not least. Meet some new people, and most importantly HAVE FUN!!!!!

-in the end, this is the reason why people come out to these offline meetings.

-its just all the pieces that make the community that make it fun.

-the experience is not describable by words, so jus stick around, keep in mind what i listed above, and just have FUN!

sincerely,

B-RAi

Well said, B-Rai

On another note, now that I finally have my converter, what BB version are we playing right now? I figure that I should finally grab the darn thing.

Were playing Continuum Shift Extend now. Hopefully, Chrono Phantasma come out soon before EVO.

Also, so we have the gimmick tournament down for next week. It's going to be 2v2 on P4A, but one person uses the stick and the other use the buttons, you can choose your partner. In the main P4A tournament its going to be a random 2v2, don't know if it's going to be Pokemon-style (winner stays, loser switches out) or round-robin(?, don't know what this style is called) (1v1, 2v2, if one person of each team wins 1v2).

Also, does any you guys want a GG, BB or VS tournament next week?

http://challonge.com/OFC_P4_03302013 Brackets for OFC 3/30/13

I see 2 new names? Or was it just troll names?

What I see from the brackets surprises me. Not really the results. The Matches surprise me more. But I realize why it was the was it was. I need to talk to: BRai and Glod, but this can be done the following Friday or through Skype/Text.

What I see from the brackets surprises me. Not really the results. The Matches surprise me more. But I realize why it was the was it was. I need to talk to: BRai and Glod, but this can be done the following Friday or through Skype/Text.

No those weren't troll names lol. We had 2 new players join us this time.

Also I'm always down for GG, Roa.

Just curious but how do the matches surprise you? And we had a Yukiko, Mitsuru and a Kanji (Robert) join us, could've had a friend of me and B-Rai participate too who was another Kanji player join us but he chose not to for some reason.

Hit me up whenever, I'm back from Vegas now.

also if you paid money to the indiegogo for skullgirls, they started taking votes for the 3rd DLC character. Let's get some more Skullguys all up ins.

also also, good post B-Rai. I want to emphasize 3 and 4 there. Definitely ask questions about stuff that's beating you up, and try to not get discouraged, and most of all have fun!

Speaking of SkullGirls, anyone down for matches on Friday??? I'm also down for some VSav and AH3.

I'll play all 3! I want to keep learning AH3 and with new characters coming out I kind of want to get back into SG.

I'm always down with SkullGirls and I just finished voting for my 4 characters for 1st round voting with 3 boss(-like) characters I want to main, but the forth was a hard decision to choose between Isaac or Beowulf.

Okay so I got some new Sanwa buttons for my stick. I opened up the stick and it looks like the stock buttons are soldered onto a daughterboard, away from the main PCB. So I was thinking, should I simply just solder the new buttons onto the daughterboard, or should get some quick-disconnects and solder the wires (the ones connecting the daughterboard and the main PCB) for easier modding in the future?

Also, I'm new to stick modding and I don't have any soldering tools, so is anyone kind enough to help me out here? I can bring all the stick parts, I just need soldering equipment (and some guidance too so I don't fuck up:v:).

Don't ask me, I just disconnect and reconnect my buttons with mine, I would say don't do anything and bring it to Saltmines on Monday and bring it to the arcade stick tech guy there and ask him do it.

Glod, are going to Super Arcade this Saturday?

Andy, I know Saltmines go to guy for stick modding, I'll let him know that you need help. I'll try to get him to come on Friday.

Here's the deal on Superarcade this weekend for me: I have a friend visiting from outside of the country so I'm not going this weekend either. I don't get many chances to see this person so I figure I better take it rather than go to super arcade for a game I only half play. :toot: I do like hanging out with the socal people at super, but I'll have to wait until next time.

And here's the reminder about Friday for people that don't look at Facebook:

Normal casuals.

Tournament is still $2 per player, but this week it's a team tournament, so it's 2v2, pokemon style. I think the winnings should just be 100% to the winning team, split between the two players.

Gimmick tournament is also a 2 person team tournament, but one person controls the stick/movement, and the other controls the buttons. It will be silly as heck.

I'm also bringing a really dumb game to play casuals on. It's a surprise.

Sailor Moon please.

Oh and looks like I can't go to Super this weekend, got family from LA (lol) coming down so I have to play housemaid for the weekend. Maybe next time though. I'll definitely try to go this Friday though, assuming I can finish my project. :v:

Oh btw, were the top 4 matches for P4A from Swagathon recorded? I want to observe how I played against jsmack. :)

There are actually two surprise dumb games, neither of them are sailor moon, and one is topical.

Tonight, we're eating Carne Asada burritos in honor of Donnie rejoining us...... and also since he's apparentnly NEVER eaten one before.

Plus Lent is over so I can eat meat on Fridays now. :yaaay:

inb4bobaismeat

:vbang:

Just don't be upset at how trash my Yukiko is, because I haven't played P4A in a long time.

I'll grind out some good play if I'm there long enough, though.

Won't be coming out today. Sisters bday today

Edit: cya guys next week! Btw anyone going to anime conji? Ill be there for part of the next weekend

Won't be coming out today. Sisters bday today

Edit: cya guys next week! Btw anyone going to anime conji? Ill be there for part of the next weekend

Damn , wanted to help you grind out the Mitsuru vs Naoto match up some more.

Anyway I JUST heard about Anime Conji. I'll definitively try to be there, wanna go together? :)