Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nora Kisaragi

How long does it take for a post to be approved by a moderator?

I have two posts pending, one has been pending since friday, the other a little over 24 hours

Just wondering with the usual time to wait is. Thanks!

we don't use the whole approving posts thing... i know i never enabled that setting, so if that happens then it was a bug. i'll approve your posts now.

i know ive seen other posts that were "pending moderation", but i don't know why. i'm going to go double check the settings now...

edit: yup, they're set to off. maybe smoeone out there knows more about forum software than me can share their experiences?

the only thing i can think of is you didn't follow the link in that email dustloop sends you when you first register.

The approving posts mechanic is simply one that exists to prevent spambots from doing any damage, if I am correct.

What, then, would explain the lack of such bots posting here recently?

i installed some new spam account catcher plugin at hte beginning of january. it's doing a decent job overall, though it doesn't catch all of them.

I've noticed it only says the thing about my post needing to be approved if my post contains a link of some kind, or perhaps it's tied to my rank or something.

EDIT: And thanks a bunch!

I've noticed it only says the thing about my post needing to be approved if my post contains a link of some kind

i've found the cause thanks to that hint: it was due to teh anti spam feature i added in. If you had less than 6 posts and your post contained a link, then it was automatically sent for moderation. I've disabled that so we don't get this problem again. The plugin still checks IPs and emails and whatnot against a list of known spam accounts so it should still stop a lot of them from posting.