Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Digital Watches

Axl v. Slayer

Yeah, Slayer can't pressure for more than a few seconds before the opponent can jump out safely.

Well, what's significant about that is that the defense factor alone probably drops a lot of matchups for Axl by at least half a point, probably a full point in cases like Jam and Dizzy, and since that isn't much of a problem against Slayer, it strikes me as at LEAST capable of balancing out Slayer's damage, especially when you consider that Axl has a fairly high damage output this game.

you can delete this post after, i just want to point out a small thing in your first post:

On the offensive:

In particular, Slayer can dash through many setups into 6P (I'd almost say don't use it, but it still is a fairly good overhead.), most rashousen setups, and Rensen.

is that supposed to say 6H?

Yep, I think you should read it like this :

In particular, Slayer can dash through many setups. Example : He goes through 6H (I'd almost say don't use it, but it still is a fairly good overhead.), most rashousen setups, and Rensen.

well you could just bait it with meaty st.k or cr.k from outside of throw range and then rensen... or if you are hella cool you could perfectly meaty 6h, then react to him doing dandy, run foward and throw into combo... or even like run foward and punish him before he's at the part where he can press a button. Technically though if he does bdc p-dandy frc... you couldn't do crap!

2H, man, 2H. 2H is good against a forward dash, backward dash, dandy, BBU, and I think Mappa. Just watch out for Slayer 2H, 6K, or BDC airdash. Overall, going for pullback meaty is probably one of the more effective things you can Oki slayer with, especially if he has under 50% meter and can't wing-super you out of it.

2H, man, 2H. 2H is good against a forward dash, backward dash, dandy, BBU, and I think Mappa. Just watch out for Slayer 2H, 6K, or BDC airdash. Overall, going for pullback meaty is probably one of the more effective things you can Oki slayer with, especially if he has under 50% meter and can't wing-super you out of it.

yeah but then he just blocks... or bdc's out... and it resets the situation to neutral. My idea is much cooler.

Well, 2K/3P meaty would be safe to try to beat something, but trying to 6H that even perfect meaty all you can really do is block if slayer goes crosswise or pilebunker.

I don't think so.. f you do it perfect you'll recover fast enough to at least rensen him I'm pretty sure. I just don't know how many setups midscreen there are to get a perfect meaty 6hs on slayer since the 6hs is kinda slow... which would be the main problem with my idea. But if you wanted to to test. You could have axl do rensen frc... let slayer fall, and have axl setup the meaty 6hs... then have slayer wakeup with p or k dandy and see what you can do.... slayer should be able to reversal out and then you can punish. The problem is they only way you'll be able to tell you are timing it right is if you first have slayer try and do wakeup eternal wings, if you can block that in time then you should hopefully have it right....

Anyway thats a pretty elaborate test so feel free to ignore it.

I don't think so.. f you do it perfect you'll recover fast enough to at least rensen him I'm pretty sure. I just don't know how many setups midscreen there are to get a perfect meaty 6hs on slayer since the 6hs is kinda slow... which would be the main problem with my idea. But if you wanted to to test. You could have axl do rensen frc... let slayer fall, and have axl setup the meaty 6hs... then have slayer wakeup with p or k dandy and see what you can do.... slayer should be able to reversal out and then you can punish. The problem is they only way you'll be able to tell you are timing it right is if you first have slayer try and do wakeup eternal wings, if you can block that in time then you should hopefully have it right....

Anyway thats a pretty elaborate test so feel free to ignore it.

Well, even a perfect meaty can't block wing super. 6H has exactly 9 frames of recovery, so at perfect meaty timing, it's still 10 frames between the startup of any reversal and Axl being neutral. Wing super has 7 startup. Rensen, meanwhile, has 12 frames of startup. You could hit K dandy, but not P dandy. f.S would come out just barely in time to tie with Pilebunker. Probably 5K or 2K would be a good option in that situation, but it's tight for sure.

It's not really that wise to throw 2H->6H in this matchup due to the fact that you're airborn and in CH state. Also 2H into Rensen isn't really a good idea at all. BDC mappa_BDC DOT_burst(LOL!) will all get you CH by a big angry vampire move. (Bursting it at the right range, you recover before Axl enough to rub out a CH DOT) Once Slayer starts IB'ing all your shit it's time to just sit back and wait for him to do something stupid like dandy or a badly timed j.H Bait those dandies. Bait those mappa's. don't DP on wakeup. Really, the best way to fight slayer is to not do anything. anything you do he can get half life off.

How can you call this fight even ? It clearly is in favor of Slayer ! The slim mistake you make, and you're almost dead ! (and by judging what is written, every whiffed/blocked move is a mistake !) Even if you manage to knock Slayer down, he can escape/counter with any BDC move... Honestly, DW, don't you want to admit this match-up is a dead end for Axl ?

How can you call this fight even ? It clearly is in favor of Slayer ! The slim mistake you make, and you're almost ! (and by judging what is written, every whiffed/blocked move is a mistake !)

Even if you manage to knock Slayer down, he can escape/counter with any BDC move...

Honestly, DW, don't you want to admit this match-up is a end for Axl ?

It's because of the fact that most of this fight is done from a neutral situation, which Slayer has a hard time dealing with. Besides, Axl can punish pretty darn well too.

It's not really that wise to throw 2H->6H in this matchup due to the fact that you're airborn and in CH state.

Uh, not 2H-6H, just 2H as a poke as oki.

Also 2H into Rensen isn't really a good idea at all.

The rest of your paragraph is irrelevant: This isn't possible. 2H does not special cancel.

Once Slayer starts IB'ing all your shit it's time to just sit back and wait for him to do something stupid like dandy or a badly timed j.H

True... to an extent. Some blockstrings are solid. Rensen is lv. 5.

Bait those dandies. Bait those mappa's. don't DP on wakeup.

DP IS a bait. Also you can react to dandies pretty well.

Really, the best way to fight slayer is to not do anything. anything you do he can get half life off.

Nah, that's the best way to play Axl.

an really even perfectly meaty your punishable.. damn that move hella sucks as an overhead. Slayer 6k is wayyy better. But still meaty 2k or k is cool for oki.

an really even perfectly meaty your punishable.. damn that move hella sucks as an overhead. Slayer 6k is wayyy better. But still meaty 2k or k is cool for oki.

Yeah, pretty much. It's only really viable against characters without a good invincible reversal.