Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sophisticat

[CS2] Hakumen Combo Guide

Finnaly something new for Mugen... Some interesting stuff but there isn't much difference in terms of damage..

And after this I think it is confirmed. Corner loop with one rep has 2 j.2As in the end, loop with 2 reps has one, excluding specific cases.

Me like new poking combos:

(4)6A>5A>Renka(1)>dustloop (2771dmg) possible without CH, pretty sick

(2)6A>5A>5B>dustloop (2244dmg)

(1)6A>5A>5b>Guren>3C (1552) surprise kishuu throw after the guren is pretty funny right now

(3)4C>Guren>Dustloop (2332dmg) DAT pokecombo

(3) Airthrow > 63214C > 6C > hop > 2C > j.2A > j.2C > 2C > j.2A > j.2A > ad j.2A > j.C > 5C > 3C - I think another j.2A > j.2C > 2C could be added, than second j.2A in the last rep should be omited. Also, should be done closer to ground

Confirmed, kinda

(3) Airthrow > j.214C > 6C > hop > 2C > j.2A > j.2C > 2C > (s)j.2A > ad j.2A > j.2C > 2C > j.2A >ad j.2A > j.C > 5C > 3C

If you guys mean "air throw cancelled into Tsubaki", I don't get that "Air throw > 63214C" notation, otherwise pretty good work there with those combos :)

So what do you guys recommend doing with 6A as far as blockstrings go? In CS1 it was pretty useful since your followups (2B, 2A, etc.) would lead to good damage and could scare the opponent into respecting your pressure, but if you use those now you don't get much off it so 6A itself becomes less useful unless we can use something else.

I suppose I could just use the same things, but it seems like a waste of stars to combo off 2A if we're not getting that many stars per round and it's going to do like 2.5k. On the other hand, I suppose we could do something like... 2A > 5A > 5B > Kishuu. Chances are they'll be crouching though, so I'm not sure if that would work.

On the other hand, I suppose we could do something like... 2A > 5A > 5B > Kishuu. Chances are they'll be crouching though, so I'm not sure if that would work.

2a 2b enma (I assume you meant enma anyway) works on crouchers.

Rewatching this vid, I notice there aren't any combos in there with 3 reps of corner loop. On the other hand, I find they aren't that uncommon in JP match vids. Anyone know the basic idea behind using 3 reps?

Also updating the first post. I'm scratching the idea of listing starters in that table and associating combos to them, I'll simply list things by starter like in the previous combo thread as that is currently the smart, efficient thing to do. If it works, it ain't broke. That said, I'll be bunching up select starters and listing the ones that have a relevant combo. Not much reason to list all starters if most go into the same combo. Of course, it's an iterative process.

EDIT: By the way, how do different starters affect damage? I'm hearing that anything not 5c will drastically reduce damage. True? This might need to be taken into account.

Okay, the recent combo parts video has some interesting find, especially the guren BnB.

Basically, utilizing air dashes and j.B special connects, this is pretty awesome.

Some examples (all works from any place on screen):

3C CH > 2B > Guren > IAD > jA > jB > 2C > j2A loop - 2747 damage

5C > Renka (1) > Guren > IAD > jB > Hotaru > AD > j2C > 2C > j2A loop - 4879 damage (confirmed to work on all characters)

^ the midscreen to corner carry version can add those extra j2C and j2A for 5773 damage

Seems workable as a standard since there's nothing really gimmicky or inefficient about it.

source: http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm14462809

Pretty sure that ship sailed a while ago. :P PUT EM UP

I'm seeing decent return on them anyway.

I just tried using the traditional combos compared to the corner carry ones in terms of mags to dmg and a bunch of the new ones are slightly more cost effective by like 200 more damage compared to the traditional combos. Also, I learned a neat trick on jB > air special connects so I think its a nice addition to the arsenal.

There are some nice pieces that can be used from a carry combo video. Several combos also had good design, mainly in that multi-magatama specials are limited compared to kishuu/enma/gurren to preserve meter gain. While the magatama requirement is high, at the very least it shows that there are mid screen options to break out respectable damage so your opponent can't just take a bunch of risks without paying for it.

You sound pessimistic, Mac. We still have big damage! It just needs the corner or a bit of spending midscreen! It's going to be ok!

Here, have some Chin: he'll warm you right up. :kitty:

Well, it seems like we need 5 stars minimum to get damage in CS2, so we can't afford to be that picky about star use anymore. We're going to be spending our entire stock in one gigantic Mugenesque combo either way. We can't afford to not use it when we have a chance if it'll do good damage.

Of course, with such high star requirements to even start the combos, that raises the question of how often they'll get used in the first place.

...Chin, eh. Well, we'll see.

j.2a has 5 more frames of untech time, which likely makes it feel 'easier' (assuming you mean the corner BnB). There's new, much longer and higher damage stuff based around this change that's more sensitive.

i think having blue as the only colored text makes it kinda confusing

adding another(or 2) would make it easier to navigate...and for newcomers to understand

also C moves are faster, so u can be a little less precise with the timing than in CS.

PS: j2A counts as a "C move"? i havent noticed if its faster, i just asumed all his sword attacks were faster

Frame data is your friend. (And yeah, I think of j.2a as a "c move" for all intensive purposes. It was C in CT, after all.)

Has anyone messed with the Gurren IAD combos from that one video? I'm noticing the timing on it is pretty tight, but I'm wondering if some of them might be character specific.

The one I've been messing with was 3c CH > 2b > Gurren > IAD > j.A > j.B > 2c > j.2A > 66 j.2a > j.C. I can tell you have to delay the j.A so that you hit the j.B as low to the ground as possible or else 2c won't link, and this also seems like you have to IAD as soon as you're able. I'm having a lottt of trouble getting the j.A to come as late as possible on Jin. Usually I get to the 2c and I can't get it to not whiff cause my timing/spacing wasn't good enough. It feels significantly easier on Ragna.