Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HexaNoid

[CS2] Lambda Video Thread

If you don't mind, could you please change the name to "Emjay's"? Misuraluv is just the name of my youtube channel :P

Done. And thanks a lot for the match archive. Much appreciated. :)

The only 2 things I'd get on you for is your early bursting (which is usually personal preference) and combo choice... Other than that, it looked fine. I'd need to see more vids to make a better judgement.

These could maybe be moved to the General Thread? IDK, might help put it somewhat back on topic.

From the Ragna vs Lambda video:

0:16 - Just a dropped combo. That hitconfirm (2B > 2C) is useful, so just gotta make sure you have it down.

0:18 - Personal preference, but I might have gone for a TK feint there to refresh swords. Otherwise he can run at you for free, while after a feint there is the threat of falling j.2DD.

0:25 - Familiarizing with travel distance of 236C, etc. While it's solid, it's not that great on wakeup especially against Ragna, who can DP all 3 of them basically for free on reaction. Got to be careful with Act Parser Zwei against him.

0:28 - Good throw tech.

0:31 - I'm not sure, but I think crescent would have barely connected after the j.2DD.

0:38 - Just pointing out that you went for the low again. Gotta let it go sometimes to make the feint have any meaning.

0:53 - Don't forget that you have Calamity Saber, one of the best combo enders in the game (minimum damage 1080). Meter doesn't carry over, and I think it would have killed there. With the increased untech time on drive followups (j.2DD), I also think it would have connected there, was a bit unstable in CS1.

0:56 - While you seemed kind of lost, I think that was the right choice. 50 meter for a chance at ending the game right there is fair when you're nearly at 100.

The second match was kind of just a lesson in why not to burst early if you're not good at evading Lambda's primer-breaking moves.

The big thing I noticed in the two matches was that you should work on your spacing of moves in relation to the field. The best example is to look at 0:29 on:

- Throw tech, both at neutral.

- You airdash back, airdash forward and airthrow, he does nothing. He clearly doesn't think you intend to do anything.

- You airdash back, he airdashes forward and uses Belial Edge to get to the ground. Still, he respects but isn't afraid of your zoning.

- You airdash back, j.2DD to call out a forward dash.

- He waits, IADs over j.2DD.

- He whiffs an aerial j.B, you don't punish it (that was a golden 6A opportunity right there).

- He jumps over a high air backdash j.2DD.

- You do nothing, he Gauntlet Hades over your head into the corner.

There were two things going on here. First, he didn't really respect your zoning at all: he was avoiding 5DD and j.2DD with IAD because you weren't j.5DD (risky) and 6DD (much less risky) to call them out. Ragna can be hit on the ground by 6DD easily even during dashes, take advantage of that even though the reward is pretty small. The second is that your response to his moving forward was to move backwards: while that is often a good choice, it is NOT always a solid gameplan. Why? Because Ragna needs corner push in order to really hurt you. There is a zone about half a screen away from the corner where his damage jumps drastically: you want to avoid being there. Letting him intimidate you into that zone is the quickest way to get killed. How to avoid it? Well, anti-ground sickles add damage to your combo and give you more ground as they recover. Spike chaser or sickle storm and running past them to the other side of the screen is the most reliable, though. Find what works best for you.

Something from the first game to think about:

Number of times he approached from the air (IAD): 4

Number of times he approached from the ground: 5

Number of times you used 5D to zone: 3

Number of times you used 6D to zone: 0

Number of times you used j.2DD to zone: 4

Number of times using non-feint TK: 0

From the Ragna vs Lambda video:

0:16 - Just a dropped combo. That hitconfirm (2B > 2C) is useful, so just gotta make sure you have it down.

0:18 - Personal preference, but I might have gone for a TK feint there to refresh swords. Otherwise he can run at you for free, while after a feint there is the threat of falling j.2DD.

0:25 - Familiarizing with travel distance of 236C, etc. While it's solid, it's not that great on wakeup especially against Ragna, who can DP all 3 of them basically for free on reaction. Got to be careful with Act Parser Zwei against him.

0:28 - Good throw tech.

0:31 - I'm not sure, but I think crescent would have barely connected after the j.2DD.

0:38 - Just pointing out that you went for the low again. Gotta let it go sometimes to make the feint have any meaning.

0:53 - Don't forget that you have Calamity Saber, one of the best combo enders in the game (minimum damage 1080). Meter doesn't carry over, and I think it would have killed there. With the increased untech time on drive followups (j.2DD), I also think it would have connected there, was a bit unstable in CS1.

0:56 - While you seemed kind of lost, I think that was the right choice. 50 meter for a chance at ending the game right there is fair when you're nearly at 100.

The second match was kind of just a lesson in why not to burst early if you're not good at evading Lambda's primer-breaking moves.

The big thing I noticed in the two matches was that you should work on your spacing of moves in relation to the field. The best example is to look at 0:29 on:

- Throw tech, both at neutral.

- You airdash back, airdash forward and airthrow, he does nothing. He clearly doesn't think you intend to do anything.

- You airdash back, he airdashes forward and uses Belial Edge to get to the ground. Still, he respects but isn't afraid of your zoning.

- You airdash back, j.2DD to call out a forward dash.

- He waits, IADs over j.2DD.

- He whiffs an aerial j.B, you don't punish it (that was a golden 6A opportunity right there).

- He jumps over a high air backdash j.2DD.

- You do nothing, he Gauntlet Hades over your head into the corner.

There were two things going on here. First, he didn't really respect your zoning at all: he was avoiding 5DD and j.2DD with IAD because you weren't j.5DD (risky) and 6DD (much less risky) to call them out. Ragna can be hit on the ground by 6DD easily even during dashes, take advantage of that even though the reward is pretty small. The second is that your response to his moving forward was to move backwards: while that is often a good choice, it is NOT always a solid gameplan. Why? Because Ragna needs corner push in order to really hurt you. There is a zone about half a screen away from the corner where his damage jumps drastically: you want to avoid being there. Letting him intimidate you into that zone is the quickest way to get killed. How to avoid it? Well, anti-ground sickles add damage to your combo and give you more ground as they recover. Spike chaser or sickle storm and running past them to the other side of the screen is the most reliable, though. Find what works best for you.

Something from the first game to think about:

Number of times he approached from the air (IAD): 4

Number of times he approached from the ground: 5

Number of times you used 5D to zone: 3

Number of times you used 6D to zone: 0

Number of times you used j.2DD to zone: 4

Number of times using non-feint TK: 0

Best review ever, this also give me very good lesson. Next time if there is a chance, please review my vid too.

I found this video really useful. It runs through a lot of Lambda's BnBs from a variety of starters and shows you pretty much all the options you have off of certain attacks. I'd definitely watch this if you need to brush up on your combos or learn to optimise the ones you're using.

^ Pretty good vid, I've been behind on Lamb stuff and that video alone catches me up on the combos

If anyones interested, I got a matchvideo archive running here(about two weeks behind, but I'm trying to keep it updated):

Made another little video: BBCS2 - Λ-11( Lambda ): Corner Oki + Combos

Nothing flashy and pretty repetitive, but its meant as guidance anyway :keke:

As a new player, that last corner oki video was quite informative. More importantly though, that match archive you've got going really shows serious amounts of dedication! Information overload in the best possible way.

Me at Phoenix Comicon

The matches getting up to the finals were much more epic than this match: a Lambda mirror, a Hakumen, and the Noel player who knocked me into losers. Unluckily for the finals, I also went up against the person I fought multiple matches against in casuals and he learned my tendencies.

Hilariously enough, we both share another hobby (card games) that we play every week at a shop, but we've never played BlazBlue together for the 2 years we've known each other.

You can rip me to shreds because I haven't been to the lab in a blue moon.

Why does no one seem to know how to mixup after 236D? Kenja had it going with some 2B/4B mixups but that's not enough.

The second video is...Oh god TK Crescent/Fake/2B is such a bad mixup.

Read this http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showthread.php?10779-CS2-Lambda-General-Discussion&p=1050272&viewfull=1#post1050272

And brush up on your combos.

And stop dashing in with 6A :psyduck:

^ lol

I'm not going to make any excuses for my execution, even though there is a legitimate one. Instead, I'd like to point out that I already know 236D's mix-up. It's air dash j.B > j.C, or just j.B if your opponent is going to crouch. 2B > 4B isn't good, IMO. Unless your opponent can't block.

I hope you're not telling me to brush up on my combo's. No need to do something complicated if a simple combo gets the job done. Dash in with whatever normal I want to, since Lambda's recovery makes it easy to do whatever you want to in a mirror.

I didn't ask for advice, nor do I need any, so no need to give me any. A vid of me just happened to be posted in this thread.

If you want to continue this, we can stick to PM's.

i'm going to say Kenja, that you use parser a far too much. and 3c doesn't combo into parser b. you did that several times, allowing him to tech. also, you're not using optimal combos after hitting with parser c. and i would also forgo the crescent cancel in the air ender, as you seem to drop it a bit. other than that, i'm not afraid to say i also have trouble with tagers that constantly sledge. if someone can tell me when to hit them with a sword to counter, i'm all ears. haha.

also, i'm not sure how to miss the first hit of 4b. maybe i just need to practice more, but i can't seem to get the dash > miss > second hit thing going.

Overheat why so salty?

Nothing against you or any other player, the only goal here is improvement.

I'll comment more thoroughly after work, stay tuned.

I don't want critique or advice. I know what I did wrong there, but I think it was beyond my control. I'm not seeking improvement, in that form, at the moment. Sorry for being salty, but I'm not focusing on this type of improvement right now (since I already know those things). I don't want to get into any debate, so we can leave it at that. If you want clarification or anything, then PM's, please.

IMO, 236D:

air dash j.B > j.C

air dash j.B

empty jump

TK feint

71 frames to do whatever one wants to. I don't find anything wrong with TK feint mix-up to vary things up sometimes.

Whoa i didn't know posting that video would stir up so much controversy. I can take it down if it makes people feel better >.> (even though it was a good match)

Whoa i didn't know posting that video would stir up so much controversy. I can take it down if it makes people feel better >.> (even though it was a good match)
No, it's not anyone's fault. I was just salty. I want to move on, but if tuka wants to continue a discussion (or anyone for that matter), I'd like to stick to PM's.