Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HexaNoid

[CS2] Lambda Video Thread

Too many uncombo'ed Parsers. Horrible idea against Tager, punishable by anyone with a reversal. Work on combo's and hitconfirms. Don't rush in unless you know he can't handle your mix-up, or you don't respect the Tager.

Obviously there were some other mixups trying to happen like the Crescent that did not come out in one round, but I fudged inputs because too much SFIV and SFxT makes me a bad executioner. Against other characters, I try not to throw out as many Parsers (the biggest ones I do are 236A after knockdowns)- Tager is an exception for me because well... fetching hits against that Tager seemed much harder than normal, I got impatient and took what I could get.

What should my spacing be like against him? I felt like he was slipping through my blindspots too often. And how should I have reacted in some parts because I know I wasn't optimum.

Obviously there were some other mixups trying to happen like the Crescent that did not come out in one round, but I fudged inputs because too much SFIV and SFxT makes me a bad executioner. Against other characters, I try not to throw out as many Parsers (the biggest ones I do are 236A after knockdowns)- Tager is an exception for me because well... fetching hits against that Tager seemed much harder than normal, I got impatient and took what I could get.

What should my spacing be like against him? I felt like he was slipping through my blindspots too often. And how should I have reacted in some parts because I know I wasn't optimum.

Tager match-ups, IMO, for both players, is about being patient. I'm personally content with just (very) slowly chipping away at his health, or keeping him blocking from far away. You should generally always want to GTFO against him, and play as lame as possible if you want to win. It's different if you want to have fun, and that's understandable.

Smart 214D's, 236D(~C's), and Drive usage to frustrate him. Hit confirms for 1-2K combo's is fine, just make every (or most) mistake(s) he does a punish.

I'll never explicitly get on anyone's execution, cuz anyone can have a bad day.

And sorry if I was too blunt. I'm going to add a disclaimer every time I post in critique threads, even if it's supposed to be implicit.

Tager match-ups, IMO, for both players, is about being patient. I'm personally content with just (very) slowly chipping away at his health, or keeping him blocking from far away. You should generally always want to GTFO against him, and play as lame as possible if you want to win. It's different if you want to have fun, and that's understandable.

Smart 214D's, 236D(~C's), and Drive usage to frustrate him. Hit confirms for 1-2K combo's is fine, just make every (or most) mistake(s) he does a punish.

And sorry if I was too blunt. I'm going to add a disclaimer every time I post in critique threads, even if it's supposed to be implicit.

Did you see those landings with 236Ds? I call bullshit on that when he can go into straight Sledge without getting touched. I tried using 236Ds as a wall for him to need to jump over.

And you're fine with your bluntness. I've been slacking off since all of my friends called BlazBlue shit and won't practice with me anymore... One of them hated Platinum so much that when I Astral'ed him, he complained about the character and screamed about the corny Anime music in the background.

I meant more for 236D~C, but in those cases, I'll assume you did 6DD > 2DD > 236D or just 6DD > 236D. IAD away, in that case. Try to keep away from the corner, of course, so corner carry combo's are preferred.

I'll look at it more thoroughly later and point out general things to work on, since I don't believe pointing out any 1 specific problem is much help in the long run.

First of all, I'd rather keep this discussion public, a lot of good information in here that shouldn't be wasted on PM's. Sorry if it bothers you.

A'ight then,

I'd like to point out that I already know 236D's mix-up. It's air dash j.B > j.C, or just j.B if your opponent is going to crouch. 2B > 4B isn't good, IMO. Unless your opponent can't block.

Knowing and executing are WORLDS APART from each other, I knew most of Lambda's CS2 combos and mix-ups months before I even touched the game, but that wouldn't be worth much without actually using them and getting to know the perfect timings and such.

And you got the mix-up part a bit wrong, read the link I posted again. 2B > 4B? It's 2B OR 4B (Dash in 2nd hit of course), they have similar startup and range which makes it hard blocking them on reaction.

I hope you're not telling me to brush up on my combo's. No need to do something complicated if a simple combo gets the job done.

WRONG! I keep hearing that around Dustloop, it really blows my mind.

Usually simple = less damage and complicated = greater damage (there is the middle route of medium damage with a 236D ender), so why in the fuck should you not go for the more damaging one?

Lambda's technical simplicity and ridiculous damage output aside, are you afraid of dropping combos? do you not have training mode for those things?

Successfully performing something hard while under pressure (tournament) only serves as a tool for improving your performance and self-confidence. Makes you look damn cool too.

Dash in with whatever normal I want to, since Lambda's recovery makes it easy to do whatever you want to in a mirror.

5A/5B/2A/2B/6B are faster, have more range and priority and gatling into the same things as 6A. Don't dash in with 6A.

I didn't ask for advice, nor do I need any, so no need to give me any. A vid of me just happened to be posted in this thread.

Me, you, and every player in every game ever need advice in order to improve. Don't be an asshole.

I'm not seeking improvement, in that form, at the moment.

Is there any other kind of improvement?

71 frames to do whatever one wants to. I don't find anything wrong with TK feint mix-up to vary things up sometimes.

TK is just a waste of time, hitting with it gives you nothing and all the other options have better setups that make them harder to block.

I'll never explicitly get on anyone's execution, cuz anyone can have a bad day.

Part of being good is not letting your psychological state of mind effect your game, as cheesy as it sounds. Unless by "bad day" you mean that you where physically sick, then that's more than understandable.

I don't believe pointing out any 1 specific problem is much help in the long run.

Of course it does. would you rather solve one problem at a time or wait for a shitload of them making it harder to address them all?

2 cents. And no salt if you don't mind :toot:

Sorry if it bothers you.

Yes, it does. I already said stick to PM's, and I made it clear that I don't want (nor do I feel that I need) advice.

Don't be an asshole.

If one of is, then I'd say both of us are.

Is there any other kind of improvement?

Yes, I'd say so. I already know all those things, as well as incorporate them. I just didn't do it there, so sorry for not doing it there =/

TK is just a waste of time, hitting with it gives you nothing and all the other options have better setups that make them harder to block.

That's your opinion. Here's mine. Theoretically, j.B > j.C isn't that good. It's a bit better than it it should be, because of the double overhead. j.B is for crouchers, giving a good amount of time for 2B, although even if they don't crouch, it's still an easy connect. I like TK's for mind games. I don't need a lecture on mix-up, of any Lambda player.

Part of being good is not letting your psychological state of mind effect your game, as cheesy as it sounds. Unless by "bad day" you mean that you where physically sick, then that's more than understandable.

Not going to argue with that, but my "excuse" isn't that. I'm not even going to explain it, since you didn't comply to my request.

Of course it does. would you rather solve one problem at a time or wait for a shitload of them making it harder to address them all?

Opinion, once again. I'd rather someone work on a general trend (being too conservative, not having optimal pick-ups, etc.), instead of working on specific things (in this case, do X combo, if character Y does this, do Z). In the video I was going to give general advice for, it wouldn't have made sense to point out specific examples, since I believe the Lambda player needed a complete revision of their play-style against Tager, with respect.

2 cents. And no salt if you don't mind :toot:

Once again, PM's, please. I didn't want advice here, I didn't ask for advice here, and I want this to be dropped. I'm considering deleting my posts of this debate later, since I didn't learn anything here. I consider it akin to someone critiquing a random person's play, even if they didn't ask for advice, since, for sure, everyone makes mistakes and does questionable things.

From the first match, I did dash 6A 2 times after cover from 214D, 1 time as an AA. Not going to go into the 2nd and third match, since I doubt that changed much. Perfectly fine IMO.

If that's all the critique you've got to give me, then I don't think there's much to work on at all.

Any responses you give will be dealt with through PM's, respectfully.

Why do you take advice and critique as a bad/negative thing?

My only purpose is helping this forum (me and you included) improve, and keeping it public helps. If you truly believe that you already know so much that you don't need advice then I'll let you enjoy the thought. Although "I already know all those things, as well as incorporate them. I just didn't do it there" kinda contradicts that...

That's your opinion. Here's mine. Theoretically, j.B > j.C isn't that good. It's a bit better than it it should be, because of the double overhead. j.B is for crouchers, giving a good amount of time for 2B, although even if they don't crouch, it's still an easy connect. I like TK's for mind games. I don't need a lecture on mix-up, of any Lambda player.

Read my post on mix-ups again since you always address "j.B > j.C" which isn't even the mix-up. And "I don't need a lecture on mix-up, of any Lambda player." is just... wow

Opinion, once again. I'd rather someone work on a general trend (being too conservative, not having optimal pick-ups, etc.), instead of working on specific things (in this case, do X combo, if character Y does this, do Z).

After you're done working on "general trends", which shouldn't take too long, all that's left are the specifics, amirite?

From the first match, I did dash 6A 2 times after cover from 214D, 1 time as an AA. Not going to go into the 2nd and third match, since I doubt that changed much. Perfectly fine IMO.

Dash in 6A as much as you want, no one's stopping you. I already said why you shouldn't, I'm also right about this according to the frame data.

If that's all the critique you've got to give me, then I don't think there's much to work on at all.

" If you truly believe that you already know so much that you don't need advice then I'll let you enjoy the thought."

Any responses you give will be dealt with through PM's, respectfully.

I'd rather not waste good information on PM's, and you should too. This place has seen better days anyway.

Why do you take advice and critique as a bad/negative thing?

My only purpose is helping this forum (me and you included) improve, and keeping it public helps. If you truly believe that you already know so much that you don't need advice then I'll let you enjoy the thought. Although "I already know all those things, as well as incorporate them. I just didn't do it there" kinda contradicts that...

Read my post on mix-ups again since you always address "j.B > j.C" which isn't even the mix-up. And "I don't need a lecture on mix-up, of any Lambda player." is just... wow

Cocky or not, it's true. j.B > j.C is what's usually done, anyway. j.B is fine by itself, but I was just pointing out another option. Lambda's mix-up definitely shouldn't be limited to those few options you listed. In that case, do people want a list of Lambda's mix-up options? It's not that hard to be "creative".

After you're done working on "general trends", which shouldn't take too long, all that's left are the specifics, amirite?

Dash in 6A as much as you want, no one's stopping you. I already said why you shouldn't, I'm also right about this according to the frame data.

" If you truly believe that you already know so much that you don't need advice then I'll let you enjoy the thought."

I'd rather not waste good information on PM's, and you should too. This place has seen better days anyway.

Well, I asked nicely, and it's just what I wanted, but you haven't listened...

I could critique you, but I don't want to.

I didn't see much good information, I'm sorry.

You're right about the specifics and the general trends, but I think Kenja should work on the general things first, for now.

Dash in 6A is fine. Obviously 5B and all those others are better options.

I know that cookie. I'm not in the mood for it, though. Especially when it's done so forward and in such a rude way, with some cursing. I think there's a time and place for this, but right now, I really don't want to deal with this. I was referring to me doing it in other settings, but my execution was affected by 360-PS3 converters not working properly, which made me use an old worn-out PS1 controller in some matches, including that whole set.

I'm being honest when I say that I didn't really learn anything.

I'm taking this personally. If I wanted advice, I would seek it out. Please don't force anything on me, since I haven't learned anything yet, nor do I want to at the moment.

What I meant was, is that you listed j.B > j.C / j.B > 2B as the mix-up. Of course j.C comes after j.B if it hits, it's the best way to combo off of it.

Those mix-up that I listed won't limit anyone, they are Lambda's most valid mix-ups, one high-low with j.B and 2B, one high-low with 4B(2nd hit) and 2B and a throw.

After a TK feint you use the same mix-ups, it's not like you have many options after it (time-wise). You could go for weird cross-ups with j.C or jumping over the opponent with a TK feint, but from my testing while playing they are easily spotted and much less ambiguous.

I don't know why you think I'm trying to tutor you, and you keep repeating that. I already said this is information for everyone, so what if you already know it? From you perspective you don't see good information, but I promise you others will.

Anyway, your controller issues are totally legit, you should have mentioned them earlier. Though calling that a "bad day" is VERY misleading.

Also, by all means feel free to critique me, it's always good. I'll even try and get some match vids in the near future.

What I meant was, is that you listed j.B > j.C / j.B > 2B as the mix-up. Of course j.C comes after j.B if it hits, it's the best way to combo off of it.

Those mix-up that I listed won't limit anyone, they are Lambda's most valid mix-ups, one high-low with j.B and 2B, one high-low with 4B(2nd hit) and 2B and a throw.

After a TK feint you use the same mix-ups, it's not like you have many options after it (time-wise). You could go for weird cross-ups with j.C or jumping over the opponent with a TK feint, but from my testing while playing they are easily spotted and much less ambiguous.

I don't know why you think I'm trying to tutor you, and you keep repeating that. I already said this is information for everyone, so what if you already know it? From you perspective you don't see good information, but I promise you others will.

Anyway, your controller issues are totally legit, you should have mentioned them earlier. Though calling that a "bad day" is VERY misleading.

Also, by all means feel free to critique me, it's always good. I'll even try and get some match vids in the near future.

I'm glad this is getting settled. However, I was referring to a "bad day" in general, I don't believe I said I had one (nor do I think I had one). Anyway. that's why I was doing easier stuff, on top of it being my first tourney, so that I'd be able to not drop a lot of things for guaranteed damage.

To clarify, I meant TK feints are for mindgames (of course...). Yes, her mix-up options are pretty much always the same, but I like using unconventional or less common mix-up.

I don't know... I just am not a fan of critiquing others who don't asked to be critiqued. In this case, you don't mind, but I would (and did).

We're done here? I'll take that advice gladly and look at things critically in a week or so.

Ah, I don't really have anything to contribute, but you guys are really making too big a deal out of this and, as nice as some of the information is, wouldn't it be easier to post it without having to argue about it?

I just started playing lambda for only a month, I know that most people here have played for several months or a year.

So, if I may, could I get some suggestions for improvement tip?

Here are some records of my matches against players around Asia, if anybody don't mind helping, please check them out and recommend me some improvement tip.

Vs Taokaka:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggDSYKPeGa0

Vs jin (2 matches) :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDlNe2pMQyI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_cyOFJO3tI8

Thank for suggestion, I want to try to live up to general lambda player standard as quick as possible, I know I m still low in experience.

(Note : I m working on enhancing combo myself, but it is quite hard to perfect them, because my connection isn't that good. Mostly 0~1 over sea)

I just started playing lambda for only a month, I know that most people here have played for several months or a year.

So, if I may, could I get some suggestions for improvement tip?

Here are some records of my matches against players around Asia, if anybody don't mind helping, please check them out and recommend me some improvement tip.

Vs Taokaka:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggDSYKPeGa0

Vs jin (2 matches) :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDlNe2pMQyI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_cyOFJO3tI8

Thank for suggestion, I want to try to live up to general lambda player standard as quick as possible, I know I m still low in experience.

(Note : I m working on enhancing combo myself, but it is quite hard to perfect them, because my connection isn't that good. Mostly 0~1 over sea)

Wanna play a few? I can help out with the combos if you want. I've been told combos is my best asset as a Lambda player. That's why I was trying to get Lambdas together to improve on certain things.

I left a comment on your Jin video. You didn't do too bad but I would suggest working on more combos, mixups and being less auto-piloty.

That would be cool, but where do you live? because Asia to NA is pretty lag to extreme except some special case I met before. (only 2 NA players so far could connect with me 2 and 3, other are 0.)

That would be cool, but where do you live? because Asia to NA is pretty lag to extreme except some special case I met before. (only 2 NA players so far could connect with me 2 and 3, other are 0.)

I'm in New York. :o

I guess it wouldn't work. ._.

Please add my PSN first (Ryser07) , can try for the hope if it come out like the 2x NA I met before. (when we both status online)

If it doesn't work out then, fine. review video is good to go. ^^;

Here is my new set of videos, please comment it, if you'd be so kind to help.

Vs Jin (3) (I usually lose to this guy, he is very strong )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dj7I5P4CQbk

Vs Hakumen (very good Hakumen player is rare find)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQv08-IOKlM

Vs Lichi (1 = show how much problem lambda could have in the corner. 2 = careful play)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPxpU9LXQtc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4hIig3S5Ig

Vs Tager (a careful play after lost him in the fight before)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xkXBi9QMdsU

Vs Ragna (quite close match)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrKXqzjmb8g

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qryTUfv2ZQ

I think that my reaction to opponent jump and use Calamity Sword automatically need to be fixed, because sometimes they don't dash-in as expect and cause opening. Other than that, I may need to use B more often than just using C. but I m still bad at this part. I don't know when to use A and B properly. Could any expert lambda player suggest me? (you can point it from vid timing to say this time I should use 6A or something)

well, if it ain't broke don't fix it, so don't worry about A's and B's until your C's and D's are failing. (I didn't watch your videos because my computer is crap right now and can't handle much.)

Also, 5B>6B>5C>6C>236B will do more damage than without the B's so...keep that in mind.

Hmm. Take a look at the videos I posted in the general lambda thread. I wouldn't say I'm good, but it should help a little bit with keep-away and comboes, though you are better off watching the JP pros than me...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrUlt0aLptw Lambda vs Noel, great fight. I think the match up give some advantage to Noel. But it is very fun fight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=no6P4ftoA8c lambda vs Jin (4), I m completely in lose here. I think Jin has too many tool to win against Lambda match-up. Today I just lost to this guys 10-1.