Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HexaNoid

[CS2] Lambda Video Thread

These combos are pretty old, Tsukasa's been doing them for quite a while now.

Falling j.2C is cool, good for a couple of specific situations but the timing is damn weird, even Tsukasa is fucking up a lot.

These combos are pretty old, Tsukasa's been doing them for quite a while now.

Falling j.2C is cool, good for a couple of specific situations but the timing is damn weird, even Tsukasa is fucking up a lot.

Combos were cool, but I was really interested in his setups, mindgames, and approaches during the matches. A lot of the stuff he did wasn't the most optimal damage combos but he ended them where he could put someone in 236D, airgrab trap, reset mixup, or abuse the other player's tendencies.

The last few tournaments I've been to I feel I was downloaded. It's time to learn some new tricks.

ADA-Stenbuck (HAK) vs alicia_04 (LAM)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOE0vtrtpUY&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

Difficult to meet people in person so I'll just keep on taking matches from online. If you want to get recorded against any random foes in a play room or have a video in rank you want uploaded, go ahead and add xkurotsukix on psn and I'll do what I can help you out.

You should try ending your standard corner combos with Cresent Saber instead of Calamity Sword, the 50 meter is really useful for other things in this match-up. Legacy Edge against Hakumen catches his attempts to get in and is great for applying pressure, especially against someone like him who is literally forced to jump. Superb gameplay overall though, your Lambda is sexy ;___;.

2 Things.

1. Against hakumen, ALWAYS. ALWAYS spam 6D from fullscreen away. Throw out a few random sickles when he has meter to stop command dashes. But 6D limits him to only command dashes for approach.

2. Calamity sword Fatal can net more combo damage from 5DD>2DD>j.5DD>j.2DD>dj.5DD>j.2DD>j.214D. Using 6DD leaves them too high.

Those are from my experiences anyways. Others' experiences may differ.

2. Calamity sword Fatal can net more combo damage from 5DD>2DD>j.5DD>j.2DD>dj.5DD>j.2DD>j.214D. Using 6DD leaves them too high.

It's possible to do 5DD > 6DD > 2DD after a FC Calamity Sword. If you are to close to your opponent when you use the DD, just do a jump backwards after 2DD and the rest should work fine.

You should try ending your standard corner combos with Cresent Saber instead of Calamity Sword, the 50 meter is really useful for other things in this match-up. Legacy Edge against Hakumen catches his attempts to get in and is great for applying pressure, especially against someone like him who is literally forced to jump. Superb gameplay overall though, your Lambda is sexy ;___;.

Hold on, don't feel so discouraged immediately. My Lambda doesn't perform as strongly as this. The Lambda in the video is a friend of mine and they just wanted it to be uploaded. I don't actually play CSII since I just returned back from training like two months ago. One of these days I'll post a video of myself in action. As of now, I'm taking up any volunteers who wants to have their chance to be uploaded.

You can, but timing is strict and near impossible online.

I'm also trying to see if I can land 4B after Calamity sword, but its not working. I'm assuming I'm just too slow, not that it won't work.

2 Things.

1. Against hakumen, ALWAYS. ALWAYS spam 6D from fullscreen away. Throw out a few random sickles when he has meter to stop command dashes. But 6D limits him to only command dashes for approach.

Those are from my experiences anyways. Others' experiences may differ.

the hakumen im fighting againsts is usually crouching to avoid 6D to prevent me to airdash/special moves. and usually reacts fast to sickles (slashing them or not) also waits me to wish a 6D to go in.

the hakumen im fighting againsts is usually crouching to avoid 6D to prevent me to airdash/special moves. and usually reacts fast to sickles (slashing them or not) also waits me to wish a 6D to go in.

If you spamm 6D, and nothing else, here are the possible outcomes:

You pickup off of your opponent's airdash into an air ender combo.

You pick him up from his command dash half screen away and combo into 236B

You Whiff and he tries to get in, you have enough time to shoot 6D again to hit him.

Sickle is just for when you KNOW he is going to command dash.

I never lose to hakumen. Ever. Since I started spamming 6D against hakus, even some of the better hakumens on XBL can't even get me past 50% hp (They usually have 150-225 psr)

And what happens which lets haku get to me is that I drop the 236B after a grounded 6D hit or I whiff the crescent ender of my air comboes, allowing haku to forward tech to my face.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2fjz5EqMWo&feature=BFa&list=ULI8IcfkOc3-4&lf=mfu_in_order

You don't know bad without playing the character for the last 7 months. I'm still putting my main through the training room but I still want my Lambda to be a threat, same with Rachel.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHs-E9_37nA&feature=BFa&list=ULQ2fjz5EqMWo&lf=mfu_in_order

(This Lambda is not my own)

Hmm. I have no right to say this but you should stop doing 214D~C after a hitcomfirmed j.2DD. Just hit with a sickle and try to lock your opponent in a wheel.

And spike chaser doesn't seem that good outside of combos.

Hmm. I have no right to say this but you should stop doing 214D~C after a hitcomfirmed j.2DD. Just hit with a sickle and try to lock your opponent in a wheel.

And spike chaser doesn't seem that good outside of combos.

Actually, this shit is really old and disgusts me greatly. After reviewing my videos, I realized how much I've improved my game ever since I went back to training mode to learn more things and played actual people in the community for a good while.

AHA! I knew those tourney vids were up somewhere! ...Man, I sucked back then. And I still do so it doesn't make a bit of difference. And Kenja, stop dropping your combos, lol.

Stop losing to incompetent Arakunes. I wish I had your matches so badly...