Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rtl42

Revision of Potemkin's frame data as of May 8th, 2011

A revision of the Potemkin frame data has been done, according to the data listed in the AC complete guide (which supersedes the mook information, AFAIK), although most of the data was correct, and I only had to fix typos and inconsistent usage of notation. Actual errors/new info (from the guide) are listed as follows:

• 6P: Added "untechable for 50F" to Comments.
  • j.P: Changed Cancel to "CR".
  • j.K: Changed Cancel to "CJR".
  • j.S: Changed Cancel to "CR".
  • j.H: Changed Cancel to "CR".
  • Throw: Added to Comments: (following FRC timing) "(Frames 11-15 after tossing the opponent)."
  • A handful of special attacks were re-named based on what's in the AC and XX manuals. (I honestly prefer Slide Head, though, but it really does say "Sliding Head" in the English manuals...) The only one worth mentioning, here, is the follow-up to Giganter, which is Gigantic Bullet (not Gigantic Build).
  • Mega Fist II: Removed "(?)" in Comments (in the FRC timing section).
  • Sliding Head: Changed Guard to "LF, unblockable".
  • Hammer Fall: Changed Startup to "19-27". Changed Recovery to "33". Merged footnote into Comments: "Cannot absorb tension-based attacks (undocumented in complete guide)."
  • Hammer Fall Break: Added Comment: "Fastest possible Hammer Fall Break completes in 16F."
  • F.D.B. Reflect: Changed Active to "98". Re-worded Comments to "...Continues even on collision with other projectiles, causes most other projectiles to expire."
  • Heat Knuckle: Changed Damage to "0, 15x2, 28". Re-worded Comment: "1st hit can be SBed (not documented in complete guide)."
  • Judge Gauntlet: Added to Comments: "...While autoguarding, Potemkin takes half damage." Merged footnote into Comments: "Cannot absorb tension-based attacks (undocumented in complete guide)."
  • Giganter: Partially re-worded Comments to "...From frames 16-29, can cancel into Gigantic Bullet. Continues even on collision with other projectiles, causes other projectiles to expire. Always goes active on successful input."

Gatling Table

• Removed extraneous "5" notation for neutral attacks; renamed columns.
    • Added j.P-j.D.

If there are any questions or comments regarding the frame data, please feel free to post in this thread, or PM me. Otherwise, since this thread is just to announce the frame data's revision, please don't derail this thread with off-topic discussion.

[*]Hammer Fall: Changed Startup to "19-27". Changed Recovery to "33". Merged footnote into Comments: "Cannot absorb tension-based attacks (undocumented in complete guide)."

[*]Judge Gauntlet: Added to Comments: "...While autoguarding, Potemkin takes half damage." Merged footnote into Comments: "Cannot absorb tension-based attacks (undocumented in complete guide)."

hmm i think it would be better to reword that, since hammerfall and fb's super armors can absorb hits from other force breaks (and roboky's specials) since they are also tension-based attacks

hm that's odd, in the original footnotes, i thought it said that it couldn't absorb FBs. maybe it was dumb of me but i just took it on face value.

that's also a good point about tension-based attacks, i'll make sure to re-word that.

edit: hm yeah, so all FBs can be sustained, just not overdrives. thx again for pointing that out.

ok, updated to version 1.01 lol. the previous, incorrect comments now say: "Cannot absorb supers (undocumented in guide)."

Got some comments about the frame data.

I've been playing around with PCSX2-rr for the re-record function and frame advancing. It seems all the frame data on the wiki is not matching what is happening in game.

If I frame advance Potemkin's 5P, startup is 7 frames and it doesnt hit until the 8th.

How was the original frame data collected?

Yea, I'm used to Capcom frame data, can you give an example of what you mean? Your explanation wasn't quite clear to me, thanks because that's what I described.

The wiki says its 5 frames of startup, meaning it should hit on the 6th frame correct?

Well, in frame advancing, there are seven frames of startup and it hits on the 8th.

Just for example.

here we have a move with Startup -> 5f, active -> 3f, recovery ->9f

on practice the move will actually hit from 6f and it stay active for 3f. So the actual attack is active from frame 6 (start up + 1) to 8 (start up + active frame).

Do the similar calculation for recovery frame, the recovery start from frame 9 (startup+active+1) to 17 (startup + active + recovery).

... i Hope this is easy to understand.

A revision of the Potemkin frame data has been done, according to the data listed in the AC complete guide (which supersedes the mook information, AFAIK), although most of the data was correct, and I only had to fix typos and inconsistent usage of notation. Actual errors/new info (from the guide) are listed as follows:

• Hammer Fall: Changed Startup to "19-27". Changed Recovery to "33". Merged footnote into Comments: "Cannot absorb tension-based attacks (undocumented in complete guide)."

It sure as hell can. It cannot absorb overdrives, but it sure as hell eats forcebreaks for breakfast.

Better late than never I guess. But I noticed that it doesn't list Potemkin's 6K as throw invincible. Don't know exactly on what frame, but it disappears just before the move becomes active.