Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LunaKage

[CS2] Noel Vermillion Beginner Questions Thread

Dedicated to the new CS2 Noel, no question is too dumb, just ask away and we will do our best to answer.

How can I get a waifu like Noel?

Make Noel your waifu, no need to settle for someone just "like" her when you can go for authenticity.

how to 22B 66C loop? or is that a 22C? i'm hopelessly lost.

In the 2D combo of the "most practical combos" part of the combo thread, I have trouble on the 236A, 66C, j.D, d.6D, d.6B part. It seems that the d.6B connects too late on a random base. Or is it opponent height ?

It seems I can play with this height by varying the timing of 214A, and the timing of 66C. But then, I risk dropping the combo at these points.

Any advice ?

how to 22B 66C loop? or is that a 22C? i'm hopelessly lost.

Like this person I'm finding this loop hard as heck o_0. The combo I'm trying to do is " 3C > 22BC > 66C > 22B > 66C > 22B > 66A > 6C > 22B > 66C > 22B > 66A > 6C > 22B > 6D > 236A > 6C > sj.D > 6D > d.6B > d.5D > d.5C > d.236D - 4,290"

I get maybe twelve hits before I drop the thing. The 2nd 66A is normally where I collapse.

The other combo I'm just trying to get under my belt is "6A > 6C > j.D > Reload > 2B > 6C > 22B > 22BBC > 66C > 22B > 66C > 5D > d.6B > d.5C > d.6C > d.6A > d.236D -2,958/42"

Pretty much break down as soon as I get to 22B. Always Whiffs. Not aware if the person I'm training against effect the combos, but I'm practicing against Jin.

Like this person I'm finding this loop hard as heck o_0. The combo I'm trying to do is " 3C > 22BC > 66C > 22B > 66C > 22B > 66A > 6C > 22B > 66C > 22B > 66A > 6C > 22B > 6D > 236A > 6C > sj.D > 6D > d.6B > d.5D > d.5C > d.236D - 4,290"

I get maybe twelve hits before I drop the thing. The 2nd 66A is normally where I collapse.

The other combo I'm just trying to get under my belt is "6A > 6C > j.D > Reload > 2B > 6C > 22B > 22BBC > 66C > 22B > 66C > 5D > d.6B > d.5C > d.6C > d.6A > d.236D -2,958/42"

Pretty much break down as soon as I get to 22B. Always Whiffs. Not aware if the person I'm training against effect the combos, but I'm practicing against Jin.

Jin's probably the easiest to do the Haida on. He's probably too high for that 22B to catch him, so after the reload, do 2B > 6C > B+C > 6C > 22B > stuff. Hope that helps.

In the 2D combo of the "most practical combos" part of the combo thread, I have trouble on the 236A, 66C, j.D, d.6D, d.6B part. It seems that the d.6B connects too late on a random base. Or is it opponent height ?

It seems I can play with this height by varying the timing of 214A, and the timing of 66C. But then, I risk dropping the combo at these points.

Any advice ?

It would be helpful if you would post the full combo and the character(s) you are performing on as well so that it would be easier for us to help you.

EDIT: I think I just found out why. You're probably right, it's because the opponent is too high for the d.6B, so try modifying the combo into j.D > d.6D > d.5D > d.5C > d.6B > BT.

I haven't had any problems so far with the j.D > d.6D > d.6B > d.5D > d.5C > BT ender, so post the full combo and I'll see what I think is happening to throw it off.

Also, people need to stop focusing on the haida too much, learn her BnBs before you even attempt haida, it will do wonders for you in real matches.

It's this one, performed on Jin:

2D > d.5C > d.6C > d.2D > d.6A > 214A > 2B > 6C > 236A > 66C > j.D > d.6D > d.6B > d.5D > d.236D

Do you mean the d.6D won't connect? Because if you're hitting d.6D then d.6B should usually connect connect.

Anyway, if you're having trouble connecting d.6D after j.D then it's all about the height. Once you do 214A > 2B > 6C, remember to leave a slight delay before you do 236A otherwise your opponent will be too high in the air.

I'll mention that in the combo thread too to avoid any more confusions.

remember to leave a slight delay before you do 236A otherwise your opponent will be too high in the air.

Practice time then, as I sometimes drop the combo at 236A, delaying it too much !

Also, people need to stop focusing on the haida too much, learn her BnBs before you even attempt haida, it will do wonders for you in real matches.
Pretty much this. If you focus on learning her Haida first despite having difficulty with it and not her basic BnBs, when you jump into matches, you're not going to have much in terms of your "combo repertoire" if you can barely perform the Haida and barely know any of her basic combos. Hell, despite the weeks of practice I had in CS2 already, I STILL don't know how to perform the Haida loop and yet I'm do just fine when I play Ad-Hoc with my friends since Noel's BnBs are basically etched into my heart already.

It's this one, performed on Jin:

2D > d.5C > d.6C > d.2D > d.6A > 214A > 2B > 6C > 236A > 66C > j.D > d.6D > d.6B > d.5D > d.236D

Just a question but aren't you supposed to input a BC > 6C in between the "6C > 236A" so that your opponent's height in the air will be brought down just a tad bit?

And if I may put this out here...

IMO, it's okay if you modify a combo you are performing mid-match if you are afraid that you can't perform it yet and that you'll drop it. It's better actually finishing the combo than trying to execute a combo with the exact inputs in mind only to drop it if your technical skill isn't quite there yet. For example, I personally am still not used to the timing of Noel's 6C > BC loop due to how my fingers are still used to the loop's timing in CT and with 6C having a slower start up, so temporarily, I omit it from my combos and go straight for the 236A and it hasn't failed me yet. However, I'm not discouraging practicing the combo with the exact inputs. Eventually, I too need to get used to the timing of Noel's 6C > BC loop in the future as I am positive it may save me.

/2pennies

Just a question but aren't you supposed to input a BC > 6C in between the "6C > 236A" so that your opponent's height in the air will be brought down just a tad bit?

Not always. I've found that on some rare occasions 6C > BC > 6C will whiff on the second 6C (due to spacing I'm guessing) but 6C > slight delay > 236A hasn't failed me thus far. You're right in that the throw whiff can be used for height adjustments sometimes, but you just have to make sure you know when it'll work and when it won't.

Thanks for reminding me about the throw whiff loop. I should start practicing that myself. D:

EDIT: Got it already. :cool:

for example on which combos i have trouble with

6A > 6C > j.D > Reload > 2B > 6C > 22B > 22BBC > 66C > 22B > 66C > 5D > d.6B > d.5C > d.6C > d.6A > d.236D 2,958/42

for my problem i get stuck at the 66C after the 22BBC > 66C > 22B on any combo that includes this.

i am assuming the 66C isn't hitting for timing problem or whatnot. i was practicing against platina if that helps.

wish i had cs1 haida still :(

Just my two cents and I don't know how big Plat's hitbox is but if you're practicing something for the first time I suggest using someone with a pretty big hitbox like Tager (poor Tager) just so you know if you can land it.

Try practicing on other characters (Tager maybe) and see if that works. Then if you get it down on him, start trying it on others to see who it will and won't work on.

Otherwise just go for 66C > 236A > 66C > xxx instead.

Just my two cents and I don't know how big Plat's hitbox is but if you're practicing something for the first time I suggest using someone with a pretty big hitbox like Tager (poor Tager) just so you know if you can land it.
Especially if you're practicing the Haida obviously. How I practiced the CS1 Haida, I started off with Tager, then moved on to Hakumen and Bang, then moved on to those with "standard sized"/Haida-able characters.

oh well, i eventually got it. seems i have to pick up with 66C on the small bounce that 22B has or just hit early enough. seems i was just in a bad habit from how forgiving the loop was in cs1.

and i find it a good habit to maximize damage on every hit, since noel is a bit risky to play anyway. haida is there so i'll practice it til i die.

It seems everyone has trouble doing the haida loop on certain characters. I have trouble with doing it on Hakumen in CS1 and I can't EVER do it on Jin. I know this has been said repeatedly, but I really wouldn't put so much stock into that unless it's literally the only thing you have left to learn.

I don't ever bother with it in CS1 online since it's very particular and easily breaks down (for me). I will have to see how it is in CS2 tomorrow.

Luna, why am i only doing 4.5k with this combo 2D > d.5C > d.6C > d.4D > 236A > 66C(2) > 6C > j.D > d.6D > d.6B > d.5B > d.5D > d.236D?

Only 4.6 2D > d.5C > d.6C > d.2D > d.623D > 66C(2) > 6C > j.D > d.6D > d.6B > d.5B > d.5D > d.236D with this one.

And how do I do 6C[2], 4D whiff, d.5d for this combo: 3C > 22BBC > 66C > 4D > d.6C > d.2D > d.623D > 6C(2) > 4D(whiff) > d.5D > d.5C > d.4D > d.236D > 66C > sj.D > d.6D > d.6B > d.5B > d.236D ?

Luna, why am i only doing 4.5k with this combo 2D > d.5C > d.6C > d.4D > 236A > 66C(2) > 6C > j.D > d.6D > d.6B > d.5B > d.5D > d.236D?

Only 4.6 2D > d.5C > d.6C > d.2D > d.623D > 66C(2) > 6C > j.D > d.6D > d.6B > d.5B > d.5D > d.236D with this one.

And how do I do 6C[2], 4D whiff, d.5d for this combo: 3C > 22BBC > 66C > 4D > d.6C > d.2D > d.623D > 6C(2) > 4D(whiff) > d.5D > d.5C > d.4D > d.236D > 66C > sj.D > d.6D > d.6B > d.5B > d.236D ?

You're asking why you are only doing 4.5k? I'm not sure I understand the question.

And for the 4D wiff combo, I've never even seen that combo before, seems like something that is combo vid material as opposed to a potential "go-to" combo.

Can anyone care to explain how come Hakumen keeps teching out even from just 6C > 236A? You would think his bigger hitbox would be more lenient with this.