Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LunaKage

[CS2] Noel Vermillion Beginner Questions Thread

That really depends on the combo you're doing and maybe height I guess, since I've OB'd Hakumen quite a few times before.

What combo are you doing and when does he tech out?

That really depends on the combo you're doing and maybe height I guess, since I've OB'd Hakumen quite a few times before.

What combo are you doing and when does he tech out?

2B > 6A > 6C > 236A > 66C stuff. He techs out before the 66C can hit, perhaps it's the height though I can't perform the 6C > BC loop on him. :psyduck:

What are some good combos off a CH 5b? I know you can cancel to 3c if 5b is a counter.
Pretty much CH 5B > 3C > stuff is the only one that comes to mind. If your reactions aren't quite good enough to hit-confirm CH 5bs and you go autopilot into 5C with at least 50 heat, you can for 5B > 5C > Rapid > 66A > 6C > 236A > 66C > Chain Revolver shit.

What are some good combos off a CH 5b? I know you can cancel to 3c if 5b is a counter.

My favorite off of CH5B is currently:

CH 5B > 3C > 22BBBC~66 > 66C > 4D > d.6A(wiff) > d.5C > 236A > 66C > j.D > d.6D > d.6B > d.5D > d.5C > Bloom Trigger (3.5 give or take a few)

2B > 6A > 6C > 236A > 66C stuff. He techs out before the 66C can hit, perhaps it's the height though I can't perform the 6C > BC loop on him. :psyduck:

Yeah, I've always found Haku's hitbox to be a weird one for that loop. At any rate, just delay the 236A for as long as possible in that combo and it should work. If not, just know that you have to omit the OpticA on Hakumen when you do that combo I guess.

You're asking why you are only doing 4.5k? I'm not sure I understand the question.

And for the 4D wiff combo, I've never even seen that combo before, seems like something that is combo vid material as opposed to a potential "go-to" combo.

I'm going off of what is listed. The first two combos do 4.7 I think. I can get 4.6 with the first and 4.5 with the second. I'm making sure d.6c gets all of its hits, but it still won't do 4.7.

I don't know what to do in the corner. I just saw that one and I've been trying to do it. Do you have a better suggestion?

I'm going off of what is listed. The first two combos do 4.7 I think. I can get 4.6 with the first and 4.5 with the second. I'm making sure d.6c gets all of its hits, but it still won't do 4.7.

I don't know what to do in the corner. I just saw that one and I've been trying to do it. Do you have a better suggestion?

Did a little lab testing, and it looks like our corner combos are gonna consist of Starter > 6C(2) > Drive > BT > Ender.

Examples:

2D > d.5C > d.6C > d.2D > SR > 66C(2) > 6C > 5D > BT > 6C > j.D > d.6D > d.6B > d.5D > d.5C > BT(4.9k)

4D(Normal hit, not fatal) > d.5C > d.6C > d.2D > SR > 66C(2) > 6C > 5D > BT > 6C > j.D > d.6D > d.6B > d.5D > d.5C > BT(5k)

5D > d.5C > d.6C > d.2D > SR > 66C(2) > 6C > 4D > BT > 66C > j.D > d.6D > d.6B > d.5D > d.5C > BT(4.7k)

6D > d.6C > d.2D > SR > 66C(2) > 6C > 4D > BT > 66C > j.D > d.6D > d.6B > d.5D > d.5C > BT(4.6k)

j.4D(Out of the corner crossup) > d.6C > d.2D > SR > 66C(2) > 6C > 4D > BT > 66C > j.D > d.6D > d.6B > d.5D > d.5C > BT(4.7k)

j.D > d.5C > d.6C > d.2D > SR > 66C(2) > 6C > 4D > BT > 66C > 5D > d.6B > d.5B > d.5D > d.5C > BT(4.7k)

These are what I have so far for basic corner bnbs off of every drive starter(starter) and I recommend them for everyone to learn :3

It refers to Noel's animation where she flicks out Bolverk and the shells fly out after a drive series. Basically 'reload' means to allow drive to recover instead of canceling into the next series.

It refers to Noel's animation where she flicks out Bolverk and the shells fly out after a drive series. Basically 'reload' means to allow drive to recover instead of canceling into the next series.

Thank you! I would have never figured this out lol, google and moves lists failed me for a while yesterday.

Also, for any combo that involves 6C > 5D links, makes sure you catch the 6C pretty low. If it's too high, then the following 5D will have Noel step under the opponent and whiff. However, if you do that this into consideration, it could be used as a pseudo-tech trap or reset but you are still in a disadvantageous situation when that happens.

i'd rather play it safe then do that.

Yeah, it's too risky to do it, but sometimes you'll go for the combo and misjudge the timing or the height. In the corner, it's even easier to miss the 6C > 5D link. Just a quirky option just it case it happens, but it's safer just to make sure you know your heights and distances, or to replace/omit the 5D.

Any frame traps Noel can mindfuck her opponents with by taking advantage of 2C's +3 frame advantage on block, despite the not so sexy pushback? :v:

Also is there anything Noel can do to force her opponents to jump away so that I can airgrab them?

Any frame traps Noel can mindfuck her opponents with by taking advantage of 2C's +3 frame advantage on block, despite the not so sexy pushback? :v:

Also is there anything Noel can do to force her opponents to jump away so that I can airgrab them?

Not too sure about the first thing yet, but in terms of getting people to jump away I've been messing around with a few things we used to do in CS1. Things like BT > 6C > they tech > sjc.airgrab or Fenrir > 5C > they tech > sjc.airgrab are still things that'll probably work in some situations. Just remember to do a super jump so if your grab whiffs you're not totally screwed.

These are obviously gimmicks, by the way. Don't swear by this shit. :v

Hey everyone, I'm new here on dustloop (first post =D). Anyways haha I haven't played Noel seriously since CT; dabbled with her a bit in CS1 before I plain old got distracted and stopped playing BB altogether. I'm really loving the CS2 Noel and have been piecing together combos through videos and such until I finally decided to make an account and come here.

My question is what are Noel's best tools/normals in a match? I've just been using 5a, 6a, 6b, 5c, 2c, 3c, 2d, and grabs during a match but honestly have no idea what situations to actually use them in. Only thing I've really figured out by myself is that 2d is pretty good at going over a lot of ground moves. It really feels like I'm on autopilot sometimes and when something comes along that I don't know how to deal with I realize I don't know anything lol.

Hey everyone, I'm new here on dustloop (first post =D). Anyways haha I haven't played Noel seriously since CT; dabbled with her a bit in CS1 before I plain old got distracted and stopped playing BB altogether. I'm really loving the CS2 Noel and have been piecing together combos through videos and such until I finally decided to make an account and come here.

My question is what are Noel's best tools/normals in a match? I've just been using 5a, 6a, 6b, 5c, 2c, 3c, 2d, and grabs during a match but honestly have no idea what situations to actually use them in. Only thing I've really figured out by myself is that 2d is pretty good at going over a lot of ground moves. It really feels like I'm on autopilot sometimes and when something comes along that I don't know how to deal with I realize I don't know anything lol.

Don't worry, once you start fighting good players you'll stop feeling bad because you'll realize how bad 2D really is, also 2D and Grabs aren't considered normals, 2D is a drive and Grab is a... well a grab.

Anyways, my favorite normals so far are 5B, 2A(+1 on block), 2B(Low, neutral on block) and 2C(low, +3 on block).

I think you'll figure out the best situations to use her normals as you play more and more people and accumulate experience. The only normals I feel like you shouldn't throw out randomly are her 6A, 6B, and 3C. These moves are pretty situational, and if you use them incorrectly, you will get punished for it.

I think you'll figure out the best situations to use her normals as you play more and more people and accumulate experience. The only normals I feel like you shouldn't throw out randomly are her 6A, 6B, and 3C. These moves are pretty situational, and if you use them incorrectly, you will get punished for it.

6A is actually pretty good nowadays, due to hitting crouchers it's safe, it's also a good idea to use it as an AA, auto input 6A > 2B, if the 6A CH, you wiff the 2B and can run up for a combo. As far as on the ground goes, it's not all that amazing, but it is crucial in the Noel mirror(to name one example) because it actually hits 2D EVERY TIME now, instead of being hella inconsistent like in CS1, so using it as a jump out bait or a 2D bait in stagger situations is a good idea.

Ah. Good points. I was just thinking that its not the best move to use randomly to try to catch jump-ins if someone is not used to the range and hitbox of 6A. If it whiffs completely due to wrong timing, its easy to get punished for it. But I'm glad that it works on 2D consistently now because 2D's were always the death of me in Noel mirrors. -_-

Ah. Good points. I was just thinking that its not the best move to use randomly to try to catch jump-ins if someone is not used to the range and hitbox of 6A. If it whiffs completely due to wrong timing, its easy to get punished for it. But I'm glad that it works on 2D consistently now because 2D's were always the death of me in Noel mirrors. -_-

Surprisingly the best way to deal with 2D in CS1 was 6C, but we got very little reward off of it, you could probably still use 6C now to catch 2D and get a better combo due to 6C's 100p1, but 6A is MUCH safer on wiff in case you messed up somehow.

Surprisingly the best way to deal with 2D in CS1 was 6C, but we got very little reward off of it, you could probably still use 6C now to catch 2D and get a better combo due to 6C's 100p1, but 6A is MUCH safer on wiff in case you messed up somehow.

You 6A'd every time I 2D'd. That is cool that 6A works now. I don't have to change anything from what I was doing in CS1.

I still don't use 6A as an AA since my AA reactions are still ass.

I can predict and react to grabs pretty well though. :v: