Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LunaKage

[CS2] Noel Vermillion Beginner Questions Thread

j.4D on PS3 version doesn't hit unless it is a crossup(it always hits in the opposite direction of which you were first facing)... in CS1 it hit regardless of whether it was a crossup or not... is this an actual gameplay change or a glitch?

It's a gameplay change. j.4D now always hits behind you, hits low and is a lot faster.

Alright thanks... It's a shame it can't hit in front anymore, but ohwell... I'm loving the new noel btw... it's like, everything links with everything, and I can go for overheads whenever I want. Gotta love it.

I have a question, I haven't really touched BB (or most games that aren't playable on an old laptop) since I stopped playing at the beginning of the semester (school priority >>> everything else), and I'm just getting back into it. How has Noel's Invincibility frames changed? Specifically on the 5D I heard the invincibility window is smaller or something (or maybe invincibility comes out faster).

I'm down to #8 and #10 in Challenge mode, #10 will just take some time because I'm not used to doing all those moves in that order after the 6c grab 6c part

BUT on #8 after I do 214a 2b 6c, how do I hit the 22b after that? Seems impossible

If you do 22B too early it won't connect, but If you do it to late they'll tech out. Basically you wanna leave a slight delay in between 6C > 22B but not too long. You'll get it with enough practice.

Hei Gais! I'm kinda confused about this 22BBBBBC~66 thingy. Didn't follow any of the CS2-related stuff for months. Does it really mean to do five consecutive B-silencers, then 22C -> dash? cuz this seems kinda impossible to me to follow up with 6C.

Hei Gais! I'm kinda confused about this 22BBBBBC~66 thingy. Didn't follow any of the CS2-related stuff for months. Does it really mean to do five consecutive B-silencers, then 22C -> dash? cuz this seems kinda impossible to me to follow up with 6C.

CSII Noel has a dash cancel. She can do that now.

Another gameplay related change Eng. Unlike the CS1 and CT where Noel could only link a dash after 22B or 22C, now she can truly dash cancel both moves. For dash cancelling it, you have to input the dash pretty much IMMEDIATELY after the 22B or 22C.

The only way you'll be able to connect the 6C after 22BBBBC is by using the new dash cancel property on it. The timing on it is quite different from the timing of 22C > 66C from CS1 and CT so it'll take a little bit for you to get used to it, I'm sure. Practice, practice, practice.

Soooooo I'm practicing [3C > 22BBBBBC~66 > 6C > 22B > 66C > 236A > 66C > j.D > d.6B > d.6C > d.5D > d.5C > d.236D - 4,048] on ragna right now. i do 3900 dmg instead of 4048. i guess it's the d.6C i'm not doing right. the thing is that ragna bounces either too high after d.6B, so not all of d.6C's hits connect, or it does connect but he techs the last hit of d.236D. I guess some of the drive moves need to be delayed slightly, e.g d.6C?

EDIT: thanks, Bolverk-GTM. delayed the d.6C. 4041 dmg! Gonna practice like the motherf*ing fist of the north star!

Yeah that is the case, but if you're having problems with that last part of the combo, instead of doing d.6B > d.6C > d.5D > d.5C, do d.6D > d.6B > d.5D > d.5C. I use that ender a lot more than the first one because while the damage output and heat gain are just a hair less, it's all guaranteed to connect, even in the corner and both hits of d.236D will connect without having to delay it after d.5C.

After a 22BBBC dash cancel, why do I get nothing most of the time when I input 6C?

Do it later. The bounce in 22C is high enough and has so much untech time that you can input the 6C later.

You have to input 6C right as the dash animation finishes. Otherwise you can't do anything once you dash cancel.

2D, d.5C, d.6C, d.2D, SR, 6C(2), 6C, 5D, BT, 6C, sjD, d.6D, d.6B, d.5D, d.5C, BT. On this combo why can Jin tech during Fenrir? He was teching during the Zero Gun part, but after delaying it a bit I got all of it to hit him. Now he techs during the final shot. Can this just not be done on Jin?

2D, d.5C, d.6C, d.2D, SR, 6C(2), 6C, 5D, BT, 6C, sjD, d.6D, d.6B, d.5D, d.5C, BT. On this combo why can Jin tech during Fenrir? He was teching during the Zero Gun part, but after delaying it a bit I got all of it to hit him. Now he techs during the final shot. Can this just not be done on Jin?

It can be done, the Fenrir must be delayed like you said. From my experience, if a good amount of the first part land, the final shot will too. He just techs so fast that it looks as if the final shot never hit, but it certainly does. Try it again with the damage display on and see if you get a change in numbers.

Side note: There is a way to Fenrir him, with the last shot hitting, where he falls down without teching - you need to use it below the range where it misses (techs before first part is over) and above the range where he techs so fast. It sounds weird, but I’ve been able to do it a couple of times.

If you’re still having trouble, either remove the 5D > BT or replace the first d.5C with something else like d.6A. Both seem to work in fixing the problem, and you have much more leniency with Fenrir. Seems like the proration gets pushed to the edge with two d.5C and two BT in one combo.

Another way to solve the problem is to not use the second BT, just delay the Fenrir input right after you hit the last d.5C and that should do the trick too.

Do it later. The bounce in 22C is high enough and has so much untech time that you can input the 6C later.

Ahh, I see. It's going to take some time getting used to. ^_^

Will the (6A>6C>22B)xN loop work on most if not all the cast. I tried it out on Tao and Hazama (max 3 reps on both) already before losing the game for the weekend, therefore I am unable to test it out.

Would you also recommend using this loop in the first place?

Will the (6A>6C>22B)xN loop work on most if not all the cast. I tried it out on Tao and Hazama (max 3 reps on both) already before losing the game for the weekend, therefore I am unable to test it out.

The loop in general gives really nice heat and corner carry, but the risk of dropping it for a little bit more damage is why you don't really have to go for it. BnBs are good enough in terms of heat and damage, but Haidas are nice to have as well.

What Sky said is very true; don't always be looking to set up haidas, but if you're confident you can get it down then the rewards are definitely worth it.

If you meant is the 6A haida worth doing compared to the 66C haida, then it depends. On some characters with smaller hitboxes, the 6A variant is the only way you'll be able to get the haida loop to work. But if you can use the the regular haida, it is much more efficient as it gains more heat, allows more reps (and thus more wallcarry), and prorates better due to 6A having pretty bad proration.

In a nutshell: regular haida is better, but doesn't always work. Know what to use where.