Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kousaka

[CSE] Arakune Video, Critique & Discussion Thread

Skye edit

This is the key place to go for CS2 and CSE Arakune videos.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Adakune

If you have footage of yourself or a friend of yours playing Arakune, post it here, the hive is a family and we love to help each other improve.

We don't bite, we have bees to do that for us!

Saw this two part curse tutorial vid today. Some new stuff but mostly old stuff. Well organized though.

Skip to part 2 for the new stuff. 6D bell bug loops seems to do decent damage.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AlBP_waJdCE&list=PL6F35135A6CA49ABB&index=1&feature=plpp_video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOa9e_MyYhQ&list=PL6F35135A6CA49ABB&index=2&feature=plpp_video

Not bad for sure, but, isn't better to just change side in this condition? (Like forward dash after a dive loop).

edit: I've tried it and.. i've say nothing, this is more better to get in the corner quickly.

So what I thought was right, every multihitting move will reset the combo during FoG, I tried this with wheel before, but it is annoying to hit with, never thought about using super low FoG>5B.

These wacky japanese.

Ho, now you say it I didn't notice it before: He use only 50 heat to re-curse the opponent. I must try this tommorow ~~

hmm yeah i've been testing the corner 6d unblockables in matches today and had some success with it... didn't really test it on tager though but i can see it having some problems because he's so tall.. similarly with tao, litchi being kinda short ducking

6a corner resets is nothing new.. but the teleport crossups seem interesting.. seems like it could be CA/reversal safe... normally after a 6a reset when i walk up gold bursts, CA's, reversals get thrown all the time.. and some are harder to punish then others..

I've tried the unblockable corner reset a few times.

It's nice and tight.

I'm gonna use this more often on other characters who can't DP that well.

So the 6D unblockable is basically;

D Bug Down > Air Back Dash > D Bug Launch > J.3ACD > J.2C > D Bug Down > 6DB > Wait For Tech or Falling to the Ground > 2C(6CDBug).

Does anyone have the notation for how a basic 6A reset works?

Just as the D bug picks them up you'll 6A hold it and release it to lock them down for for whatever mixup you'd like.

I usually just 6A them and hold down A B C back dash to catch their forward tech and release the A and B bugs. If they get hit you confirm the C Bug into bird > D bug or whatever you'd like. You'll need to add a 6Bug or a 5Bug maybe even a 4Bug depending on the situation, it takes some time to get used to be once you get the hang of it you'll be hit confirming bugs like a boss.

Go in training mode and record the dummy teching forward and backward and neutral teching and lock them down. Last thing you want is for them to escape before you actually get to mix them up after the reset.

Oh, huh, that's simplier that I thought it was. Thanks. So why do I see them do fakeouts so often while doing 6AHold?

That's a different mixup. I do that a lot midscreen, Just 6A > A fakeout and release bugs, it's safe against Reversals and burst plus it crosses up.

I think he's referring to the 6a reset setups from the recent vid.

6a(delay 6ab bugs)>

214C>6CD bug (corner crossup)

backdash 6CD bug (crossup feint)

backdash 6b bug catches forward roll> 6C set + 6CD last hit back to corner

there's also the classic variations from CS1 with B teleport(hold C)>jC(4D) crossup overheads

also some notes on the 6d unblockable.. you need to release 6CD before doing 2C otherwise you might get hit a reversal.. you generally do j3a>j3cd and release the bugs on the C dive.. gives you more time to land 6d bell bug

also some notes on the 6d unblockable.. you need to release 6CD before doing 2C otherwise you might get hit a reversal.. you generally do j3a>j3cd and release the bugs on the C dive.. gives you more time to land 6d bell bug

This is key.

I got the notations for the whole thing.

First, you can either air dash back or super jump back, both methods work, I personally find the latter easier.

j.3a > (when it connects) > j.3cd > walk back > 6db* > [release 6acd]** > 2c

*The 6b bug must be released faster, you can't release it too fast, otherwise the d bug 2 will knock them into the bell bug and the reset is ruined.

*Confirm the knockdown with these bugs, if they refuse to tech, it will reset by itself, the cd bug will cover back roll and quick get ups, the a bug will cover forward rolls if you are not confident in confirming with 2c, always confirm if they are blocking or if they are hit by the a bug before you 2c. On late techs you'll just have to wing it.

Do it right and it's DP/Gold Burst proof and a very high damage reset.

All of this is gonna be in the video tutorial, right? I really can't visualize anything you guys are referring to unless I can see it in action... :*(

I'll throw more curse things in, I could make a video of it myself, but there is a video up on the first page.

I could take the existing video and break down notations for it.

This is key.

I got the notations for the whole thing.

First, you can either air dash back or super jump back, both methods work, I personally find the latter easier.

j.3a > (when it connects) > j.3cd > walk back > 6db* > [release 6acd]** > 2c

*The 6b bug must be released faster, you can't release it too fast, otherwise the d bug 2 will knock them into the bell bug and the reset is ruined.

*Confirm the knockdown with these bugs, if they refuse to tech, it will reset by itself, the cd bug will cover back roll and quick get ups, the a bug will cover forward rolls if you are not confident in confirming with 2c, always confirm if they are blocking or if they are hit by the a bug before you 2c. On late techs you'll just have to wing it.

Do it right and it's DP/Gold Burst proof and a very high damage reset.

How exactly does the 6DB>(Release 6ACD) part work?

Perform 6d and press b almost immediately afterwards, which summons the bell bug and uses the b bug for knockdown.

Continue to hold 6 (or 3 if you're comfortable).

Confirm the b bug knockdown by tapping the a, c and d buttons, summoning the bugs, there is enough recovery from the 6d animation to do this without throwing out an unwanted attack.

If you mesh it all together too fast, the c bug will blue beat upon the opponent's refusal to tech, timing is important, and confirming the b bug will help.

i typically 6d(tap 6B hold ACD)>release everything> delay* > 2c

-the delay kinda varies on character and timing and if they're standing or ducking.. best to practice to get a feel for it

but even if you mess it up it's hard to block.. and you can still follow up with pressure

I'll throw more curse things in, I could make a video of it myself, but there is a video up on the first page.

I could take the existing video and break down notations for it.

That would be amazing! You're last video series was pure genius and highly enjoyable.