Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kousaka

[CSE] Arakune Q&A/FAQ Thread

2a starters of it is character specific.

expanding on my earlier question about dive cancelling, which characters do you personally opt out of dive cancelling against? or just tell me the people you do it against if it's quicker. So far i've noticed Jin and Carl are hard for getting the timing down.

For flatter hitboxes, you usually have to DC late.

The only character in which you're better off opting out on is Rachel. It's possible, but unstable.

Well, I've always liked Arakune(freaky blob monster made of bugs and gibberish? Awesome), but he's always been too complex for me. Got mad at Carl earlier and decided to try him out...easier then I was expecting. A few questions

In his 10th challenge mode combo, I need to do a.4A 2B 5D, but the 2B seems to be uncancelable...am I just missing something here?

Is there any like, really basic, noob curse stuff? Right now all I know how to do in curse is smash my face against the controller for 14 seconds, lol. Some simple stuff would lessen my shame, if nothing else. lol

Edit: Oh, It's J.2B..still not seeing it in the demonstration. He just lands and instantly does a 5D. Confused...

Edit2: Got it, but *Nub question inbound* I always seem to do J.6A instead of well, J.A. Blargh...

I see you read up on the OP regarding dive cancelling, just takes practice.

As for the j.6a/j.a thing, you're just holding 6/9 too long.

Yeah, I thought for some reason I had to instacancel a 2b or something. I dun derped. Never played Arakune before until yesterday, lol.

Didn't know 6C/D bugs had different trajectories. That helped a ton in trying to do combos. I can now do like 4.5k curse combos for 50% meter, yay! That'd be pretty good for a lot of characters considering it's midscreen, so getting there. :D

Short answer - no.

Long answer - you may get lucky and catch the opponent off guard, but then they will learn to meaty properly.

maybe i'm missing something, but i was told that 6a > 5d > jd works, so i tried it in training against jin, set him to guard after first hit and all the recovery stuff on, it worked but blue beated. Is this some legit combo or AM i missing something?

Who told you that?

That never combos.

what does Japanese arakune say after winning against noel? all i seem to hear is KAKAKAKAKAKAKHEEEKHEE... someone decipher this.

Perhaps just that.

i see, confusion on my part, suppose you'd just be better off just going for the IAD combo as it'd be hard to hit confirm a counter hit 5d.

You have all day to confirm CH 5D.

what does Japanese arakune say after winning against noel? all i seem to hear is KAKAKAKAKAKAKHEEEKHEE... someone decipher this.

I think it's more...

EEEGGGYAAAAHEHHEEHEHEHEHE

-.- owell, how can Souji do that double j.5B trick? you guys must know his secrets.

[*]j.b is Arakune's best pressure tool, it's used for an instant overhead, to close in on barrier blocking and to maintain pressure against chicken blocking. The other side of the coin is that the instant overhead is character specific, only combos on CH and is pretty hard to execute correctly. The main idea is from a 5a (or naked if the rising hitbox will hit the crouching character) and jump and j.b during the jump. from there, during any of the 5 hit, you perform j/9 IAD j.4b. That input must be performed very quickly. Do it right and it'll look like this, to add to your options you can "j.c cancel" which basically means performing j.c near the ground to quicken your descent greatly and confuse the opponent.

Enjoy.

You have all day to confirm CH 5D.

Only if you know it counter hits beforehand surely? If unsure you'd just go with IAD stuff since it 100% curses any way. Non-counter hit 5d gives you next to no time to think.

thanks for the headache.

it's very difficult, but after daily practice for like a month, I'm getting it relatively consistently. In all honesty, yes it's useful, but there are a lot of other things that are more useful to work on when u're learning arakune. Ver doesn't even use it and he's like 770 psr in jp.

Help...

How do I do challenge 15? I can do everything except the pinwheel > bugs part. Because of the j.6C > jc > j.6C > pinwheel, the C bug is always unavailable and I don't know how to make it not come out during the j.6Cs.

Help...

How do I do challenge 15? I can do everything except the pinwheel > bugs part. Because of the j.6C > jc > j.6C > pinwheel, the C bug is always unavailable and I don't know how to make it not come out during the j.6Cs.

I found it impossible to do as the demonstration does, so i just sort of cheated and did the 2 j6c commands after d bug hits them in the air but before it grounds them.

Can anyone explain how to do that corner reset where he teleports behind his opponent, and also the bug placements? i think it could be 6a (during d bug) 214a(6acd bugs), or maybe i'm totally wrong. Also it's not recommended to use against hakumen is it?

I looked in the other threads and couldn't find this specific reset.