Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HiagoX

[CS2] Makoto vs. Ragna

So let me get this straight.. 115 view.. no post? xD

Makoto has a lot of fuzzy gaurd set-ups she can exploit in this match-up. I'm not gonna explain fuzzy guard until i see 5 post xD. Makoto average damage output is very good force a damage deficit on ranga's behalf. Makoto has more health, health deficit on ragna's behalf. Ragna my have more range on his normal but parry broke and can't be bait OTHER THAN THROW A LOW DURING IT'S ACTIVE FRAMES! Ragna's reversal is better bet it can be parry. 6-4 makoto. yea i said it. anti air with parrys and and os parry with low block to force a ragna into risk. also exploit his increased blocking hitbox to have you mix-ups hit soon than normal on crouching opponents. hit comfirm properly and you win. i'm tell you this so you guys can build on it so i can find a way to beat it. :/

Those 115 probably from Ragna Lurker :v:

His damage output and heat gain got smashed by Nerf truck... This match is just dumb ... and Makoto probably only few of the character That Ragna can't DS rape comfortably and if u bait ID a lot ... u wouldn't need to worry that stuff on oki anymore

Those 115 probably from Ragna Lurker :v:

His damage output and heat gain got smashed by Nerf truck... This match is just dumb ... and Makoto probably only few of the character That Ragna can't DS rape comfortably and if u bait ID a lot ... u wouldn't need to worry that stuff on oki anymore

His damage is better his damage is better (2000-4800 meterless 5000-5500 rapid 6000-7500 BK) vs. (3800-4500 meterless 4000-4800 rapid 6000-7000BK). Bad rags can't seem to do the right combos. :/

This match-up is dumb, but if you play the characters you should atleast know how to approach it.

"Death spike rape." is fake and is a fear tactic and character can jump it on reaction, but pokeing with it since makotos throw moves out early to bait poorly timed 5Bs and 5Cs, it's good in the neutral game. also it hit's late to if they wait to parry the death spike, it woke be at the timing you'd parry the normals (5B, 5C)

Don't random inferno (lol I random inferno, a lot)

I don't even know what your trying to say about that oki claim. :/

Alright I'll bite.

Old:

MATCH-UP STRATEGY!

Mid-screen: He can poke you with 5B/5C but he can't get any real damage unless it's counter hit and hit confirms it (or spends 50 heat which he most likely will). At this range you can either poke back him with 2A, 5B or 6C which even on trade is in your favor since it pushes toward the corner.

Don't use break shot at mid-range, instead just plant cosmic cannon as it can help stuff jump ins and pokes. You can also parry if he gets to predictable with 5B.

Close-range:

On offense this is where you want to be at all times, avoid doing her BnB as a block string (2A>5B>5CC>6B) 5CC is the universal language of "Inferno divider me". Instead, end your blockstring short like if you want an overhead do something like "2B > 6A > 6B" "2A xN > 6B" "j.CC > 6B" or heck just run up and 6B, it's really fast when it isn't being way to obvious. AV seems gimmicky on paper but it's actually legit, it's easier to use when your not using the same blockstring religiously. When you do find yourself using 5CC try staggering it and using AV B Barrier (214B > barrier) to avoid and punish any ID especially when it's IB'd.

On defense it's good to know the options (the good ones) he can have during any move, for an example.

Ragna's 2B:

2B > 6B(overhead)

2B > 5C

2B > 2C(can fatal and is safe)

2B > 3C (another low)

2B > 214B (overhead) 214D(second part, is very common to see a rapid off this)

One small note beforehand, Ragna's 2B is probably the worst move he has, it's unsafe even on normal block to our DP and PF if he tries to follow up on it.

His mix-up isn't too much to worry about, react to him trying to restart his blockstring and don't push buttons without a reason.

If Ragna is in the air he can use j.C as a long range poke to avoid her 6A, dash 6A to take care of that. Another move is his j.B, it's has a ton of active frames and works well as a cross up. If he tries to jump cancel his j.B into another from the other side you can buffer the parry from the right direction so if he doesn't cross up you can 6A and if does then just parry it for a good amount of damage. Another option is to reversal input her DP but I rather for the safe option.

Things to look out for (gimmicks):

Ragna's cross up ID, basically he does 3C, IAD over your head and ID D version. Lucky for Makoto doing the parry motion beats it clean with either a block or her parry. doing your own 3C also avoids this but who wants to give up free damage?

Air inferno divider against your anti-air, basically use 6A on reaction.

Now cough up these fuzzy guard set up(s).

What Omny said... 2k~4,5k damage from random hit anywhere is much better, than 3800~4800 damage from specific situation + decreased heat gain makes things even worse. and i'm talking about Orb oki :v:

What Omny said... 2k~4,5k damage from random hit anywhere is much better, than 3800~4800 damage from specific situation + decreased heat gain makes things even worse. and i'm talking about Orb oki :v:

Your assuming to much. Both sets of numbers are consistent. All of rags hit confirms do 3.8 from mid screen, which is nice. Also he still get's 50 heat for every pick-up, just not as strong oki and your giving away 500 damage. His Dp doesn't have a good mid-screen pick up, which sucks but that's w/e. And a reversals a reversal. 623C poorly timed orbs. omni had to tighten up yesterday. also, i swear it was 2-6 yesterday. and praying i could of gimmicked 2 games making this match-up 4-6 seems realistic.

Dont be afraid of his overhead.

Often, it comes in these forms:

2B>6B

2C>6B

5A/2A>6B

Those can be beaten CLEANLY by very nasty starters, like 5C and 5B.If it comes from 2C however, use the standard jabs.

Just dont mash on these moves, Ragna can ocasionally throw in frametraps, like 2A>2C, 2C>5D, 2B>5D. Again, dont also expect traps in every string, watch for the mithical Deadspike.

Well i didn't play Ragna ... don't know the exact amount of heat gained from each hit confirm combo... i've played against Ragna quite a bit on CS1 and CS2 1 thing i quite certain ... on CS1 his pressure just feels like he can just run and ID rc to beat your pokes and get the momentum, while on CS2 he can't do as much running ID rc (probably BE nerfs)

Anyway ... on neutral feels like Makoto can just do whatever... when pressured she can still get a hole for major punishment and when on pressure the trade off from doing random stuff is still good especially if he didn't have 50 heat ... yeah probably 6-4 at worst on Makoto.