Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HiagoX

[CS2] Makoto vs. Mu

2a very strong in this matchup, especially when Mu is above you. j.b works when you're in range, but make sure you don't get clipped by j.c. You can always 3c under 5c/6c/Laser/Bomb, and if I remember correctly under Sword of Decimation as well. However you'll most likely get poked out by 2b if she has time to think.

Parry/Space Counter is very strong here. It took me from barely winning/losing ridiculously against xntrikcat to Astraling them every time we fight.

Well 2a is good if u already right on her face, Mu 2b are also a very good poke to deal with Makoto 2a... i'll say don't rely too much on it at neutral games, play footsies. Once u are on her face you might as well win the match, and her 5b is heavy as fuck, if u want to counter her 5b>6b unless u ib the 5b, go for dp ch/ parry :vbang:... err maybe 5a would works, but 2a wil get ch-ed

and the timing for 3c'ing Sword of Decimation/Furu No Tsurugi is kind of weird ... the first time i'm doing it makes me => \(OvO)/ ... the other time, i'm spamming it on reaction => :vbang: ... :v:

and for those who likes 3c ing Omohikane, u can't 3c her Astroll :v:

Matchup :

Mu12

Your Tool:

1. 2a : still very good poke u will beat the crap out of her close range with this, but on neutral, her dashing 2b completely shut this option.

2. 5b : dashing 5b probably will be your main punish er other than dashing 2a since it have more reach and often caught jump out, but use it with caution, missed 5b = 5c ch and she'll sent u to the other side of the screen at the least.

3. 6c : Slower than 5b but has more range. gimicky stuff, use it to surprise her once in a while ... if it's near corner ... u're better off with 5d

4. j.b : She'll beat you flat most of the time on mid air, but J.b ch is too good to be ignored... don't use this for jump in

5. comet cannon : surprisingly good to be used on it max range, to push her to corner or force her to get closer to you, the orb also cancel laser

6. Asteroid Vision : Very good to use on pressure, just don't do it too much predictable / reset with it

opening match:

This may become the time she's closest to you on entire match, never back up just go straight to offense dash a lot and 5d if she's jump and backdashing and if that succeed, u just open the match with nearly half of her lifebar :v: ... this however can be shut down with her opening with 5c ... i think

The match:

There's only 2 pattern of this match up 1st footsie game ... someone win with very little health at near or already time over ... 2nd oneway beating :v: ... well there's 3rd pattern when it goes 1st pattern and change into 2nd half way ... Mu also hit like a truck at corner =_=

Dealing with pressure:

Her SoD and bit setup can throw you to corner really fast + she can j.b your jump out on reaction to keep you pressured ... and your Corona upper isn't inferno divider ... so don't.

1 think to keep in mind ... her heat gain sucks, if u IB properly, u'll get much more heat than her who doing pressure, and in range she don't really have any option for mix up, keep your cool and get your heat while at it

Breaking Pressure :

Her close range(about her 5b range) : Ib her 5c and dashing in 2a, but if she gatling with 3c, u'll eat 4k at minimum + she got reset

Far(near 5c optimum range) : BBS on reaction her Habaya

occasional 6b : block, parry, corona/pf, 5a(if not protected by laser) ... your 2a got pawned everytime

Beating her down :

Low profile her DP & Omohikane ... yes those 2 moves have potential giving u easy 6.5k+, throw little to no respect at those, anticipate her back dash/jump out and counter assault

The match up feels pretty even for me ... protip, counterpick with Noel :vbang:

I have played a good chunk of games vs a local player who uses her and this matchup feels about even. You have to play really aggressive but at the same time you need to play footsies properly because Mu can easily put you in the corner and deal sweet damage if she scores a CH off one her pokes. Her corner oki can be pretty damn annoying even for a character like Makoto who has a couple of defensive options at her disposal.

Long story short: avoid eating any CH at any cost, the neutral phase is tough but once you get in you have to stay there and keep the momentum until you win the round. Also watch the hell out for her 2C, it's "slow" but it has a rediculously good hitbox (hits even behind her), this matchup is mostly played by staying on ground and jumping in when Mu doesn't have enough time to react to it.