Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kenja0

[CS2] Lambda vs Tsubaki

Matchup: 50-50 Who really knows?

Tsubaki's VA got pissed off her character was shit. So she made a song about it called Deep Blue and now Tsubaki is pretty good. She's still raging that the song didn't replace CS1's opening for Consoles.

Question is, how does one go about this matchup? The biggest changes to Tsubaki is her charge meter is really fast and her D command moves got buffed. Her ABCs got nerfed, but they don't matter as much anymore. Who really knows what Tsubaki can do? But figuring that out is what this thread is for.

Charge Meter

The one thing to note about Tsubaki is her charge meter. Tsubaki's combos deal relatively low damage without bar, but do immense amounts of damage with bar. Obviously, it's important to prevent her from charging. Luckily, Tsubaki can't safely charge bar from anywhere on the screen against Lambda unless she scores a knockdown. 5D, 4D, 236B, and 236C counter her nicely across the stage, and it puts her in CH state too. If Tsubaki jumps in the air to charge, determine whether you can hit her with 2D or 236C. Tsubakis love eating 2D.

Blockstrings

One of Tsubaki's strongest traits is her blockstring ability. In the middle of her blockstring she can charge with 5D or 2D to reset her string. It takes time for her to cancel like this so just be aware of her actions and capitalize on the opening with a 5A/2A poke or even a 236A to get through.

Also, the only good ranged normal she has is 5B. Barrier blocking pushes her far enough to possibly whiff the rest of her blockstring. But watch out, Barrier blocking adds +1 blockstun to every attack you block. I recommend perfect barrier blocking as it pushes back much farther than normal barrier.

236ABCD

Dashes quite far across the screen, faster for earlier versions and longer for later versions. D version is pretty much instant. If timed well, it can beat a 5D shot before it comes out. If you're j.2D shooting then be careful of your height, if you get hit it can still start a combo for Tsubaki.

22ABCD

The C version is unblockable on full charge. The best time Tsubaki will throw this out is during a reset opportunity, but blockstrings are not uncommon. Stay awake for this sneaky attack.

Anyone have any idea what do?

I'll update with feedback

I think the Lambda/Tsubaki matchup is pretty even. While Tsubaki has some good tools to help her close the distance, she can't just throw them out for free - attempts to approach with 236X get stuffed easily by 5D, but the Lambda player needs to be careful of doing 4D or 214D~C because both of those will leave you open to a 236C if your opponent is paying attention.

Midscreen, Tsubaki's 214X attacks will go through 214D and 5C, so use those with caution. Attacks with the 'Foot' attribute will hit her out of it, so 236D, 2B, 6C, 236B are good tools if you're getting hit by this a lot.

i don;t really care how old this thread is. I know EX will be out soon as well. but, currently, my friend is playing tsubaki. and it seems he can pretty much grab me out of the air while I'm doing j.C. not only that if I throw break he uses the C version of wings and dives. It has beat my j.D and j.B. I'm just at a loss of what to do at these air throw breaks other than just block indefinitely.

Lastly, Im getting caught really bad in the charge D move at the end of Tsubaki's blockstring. He can space right and just continue his block string from the other side. I know it won;t matter in a few weeks but id sure liek to know how to get through this. I think I hit a wall currently against him with this character.

i don;t really care how old this thread is. I know EX will be out soon as well. but, currently, my friend is playing tsubaki. and it seems he can pretty much grab me out of the air while I'm doing j.C. not only that if I throw break he uses the C version of wings and dives. It has beat my j.D and j.B. I'm just at a loss of what to do at these air throw breaks other than just block indefinitely.

Lastly, Im getting caught really bad in the charge D move at the end of Tsubaki's blockstring. He can space right and just continue his block string from the other side. I know it won;t matter in a few weeks but id sure liek to know how to get through this. I think I hit a wall currently against him with this character.

Point 1: Why would you be blocking indefinitely? After you block it, you'll be back at neutral. The dive is minus on block, so she can't do anything after it. And you probably should be spacing out your jC better if you are being thrown out of it.

Point 2: You are talking about Tsubaki's cross over shield rush move(236D), right? You can just IB->backdash. Of course, you can always just block it and wait until Tsubaki runs out of charge so she can't do that anymore.

Best option if someone breaks your air throw is to just dash away. I really don't know why you would be using j.C in that MU, I've never used it personally, but don't really see the need to when Lambda has quite a few capable anti-airs. Just know, 5D is really good when used properly. Tsubaki doesn't have a projectile and her way of getting in can be stuffed easily with a drive ability. So if you space well, you shouldn't have problems.

Also, if you're stuck in a blockstring, barrier blocking can help, as well as instant blocking. Tsubaki's normals have short range so she can whiff on occasion with barrier.

to clarify I used "block indefinitely" as an exaggeration of holding block for quite a while/

thanks for the reply guys much appreciated. I found out what the issue is. I was trying grab a hit after the throw break. And thus iIwas pushing forward. It put me right into her wings after the break. So now i just hold back when fighting him. and breaking the throw is easier now

As for the D charge-blockstring-of-looping-death. Now I just block it all. I can stop him from charging his bar which helps a ton and just keep him moving. His footsies are really good.

Thanks again.