Sign in to follow this  
TheSlyMoogle

Anji vs. A.B.A.

her crouch dash with 236P can be beaten with low attacks but her 236D is totally invulnerable - danzai is free 236H after blocking first hit - her 3 hit punch string you can autougard or fujin through the 3rd hit, though she is safe if she frcs it - do not otg or knockdown penalty to moroha will be lost Combos: - heavyweight, no normal hit 2D 236S-D - one of hte hardest in the game to fujin loop, don't bother in general - go for knockdown combos no matter how much damage you are giving up unless it's for kill. - on normal hit 2K and 2S push her back like WOAH for no reason which is bad

Fun little fact that you probably know and should know if you don't - Anji can IK ABA from any of the following knockdowns that force "Suka Motion" (3rd knockdown forced revert) regardless of the positioning of the characters and without further use of tension for RC: ground throw air throw On Nagiha FB Rin <--- landed poke = IK! corner HS Fuujin TK orb (I believe regular orb would work in most cases too against ABA, but I didn't test it) 6HS P stomp K stomp P GP special (at ground level, at least) K GP special (non-wallstick) The other ones that come to mind - 2D, GP overdrive, and regular Rin require the 50% tension for a Roman Cancel. The ones that I haven't tested are the Fan overdrive, which probably needs the FRC and his blender overdrive which will probably work for the IK knockdown but feels more impractical. I'm also not sure about J.HS and J.D CH. I tested all this in practice mode with Guard turned on during the knockdown. If there's anything wrong with the list though, let me know. Flawless 3rd knockdown IKs anywhere on the screen! The only question left is whether or not it's worth it to blow all of your tension to force ABA to burst on the knockdown, if the player decides to. Actually, if they burst close enough to you while you activate IK you can get another knockdown or at least be in the position to prevent them from bloodpacking safely.

- on normal hit 2K and 2S push her back like WOAH for no reason which is bad

For some odd reason, ABA has added pushback when she is struck, it is extrememly noticeable in certain match-up's and cna even cause certain canned combo's to whiff against her. Just thought I'd throw that in :).

Little something I learned at Fanime against an ABA player.

Don't ever followup Fuujin on block. Usually not safe anyways, but especially deadly here due to danzai.

Seriously, Danzai will always win against any Fuujin followup. It will even rarely beat K followup.

So, if they block Fuujin and are in Moraha (which is almost always), just don't bother going for followup except for that rarely placed K.

Sign in to follow this