Sign in to follow this  
TheSlyMoogle

Anji vs. Baiken

yes it is I still have some stuff on this matchup from the old matchup guide, I'll try to remember to put it up soon. do yourself a favor and pick another character if you can though in all seriousness

do yourself a favor and pick another character if you can though in all seriousness

Blasphemy! Keep the faith!

One gimmick I like for this match is to throw a butterfly at medium long range to bait Ouren and air throw it. I'll use it as a round opener.

yea it did. too bad anji's throw sucks ass damage wise so you only have to make that work like 15 times to win. -_- (ok not that many) if anyone wants the little bit of info I have from the old anti-character post I had just ask and I'll add it. otherwise I'll be too lazy

Another way you can bait Ouren is by doing a 6S around max-mid range and jump cancel into air throw if you see it.

Would it be a potentially good idea to throw a Butterfly for standard Okizeme, wait for her to counter then Fuujin through? I guess more importantly: 1) Is that even possible since Fuujin only works for 12 frames (let's use S counter as an example since I would think that to be pretty standard in that scenario, other than say H counter) 2) Would that overall just be far too risky?

If you are going to use butterfly, you have to bait counters, period. The flowchart in doing so is pretty huge based on the situation. I actually like what lime-key does, he uses K stomp as his okizeme on her. It's safe from counters if you aren't really stupid about it, and if you land a crossup one, it's gonna do hella.

You can evade most of the counters by reacting to them after butterfly (depending on the range you do it from and how fast she decides to counter. 2D, HS Fuujin, and air throw can beat Ouren. 2D will go under the stab counter, but depending on the timing, may not hit her.

If you manage to score a knockdown (heaven forbid) would following up with Butterfly --> 6H be in any way a good idea? It seems to me like that the 6H would probably collide with most of Baiken's counters either at the GP or as a regular clash. It could be a good idea, maybe.

If you manage to score a knockdown (heaven forbid) would following up with Butterfly --> 6H be in any way a good idea?

It seems to me like that the 6H would probably collide with most of Baiken's counters either at the GP or as a regular clash. It could be a good idea, maybe.

Might work as a shenanigan once or twice, but then baiken is just going to wait til the 6H finishes and punish the shit out of you for it. I'd use it sparingly.

I tried it out a little bit and here's what I've gathered. Also, keep in mind that this hasn't been tested against a human player (since I know no one that plays Baiken). It should also be noted that in the following cases, Baiken counters the first hit of the butterfly on wakeup. K counter = You are boned, unless you FRC the 6H. Either way, :vbang: P counter = Guard Point GO S counter = Guard Point GO H counter = Everybody Whiffs D counter = Guard Point GO Basically, it worked out okay against everything except K counter, which will horribly mangle you to death. Given how this was somewhat fool proof against the other 80% of her counters though, I'd call it a general success Still, as Klaige pointed out, it's best used as a fun shenanigan on very rare occasions. It must be hilarious when successfully pulled off though :yaaay:

So, I thought I had somewhat of a grasp regarding this matchup, but clearly that was not the case. What is generally the best way to deal with tatami mats outside of just playing horribly cautious?

Do you mean with or without the GP counter?

Cause, both options seem to be getting pretty stuffed (without counter sometimes catches but is usually blocked due to tatami's FRC, and with counter seems to get blocked and countered a lot)

Sign in to follow this