Sign in to follow this  
TheSlyMoogle

Anji vs. Jam

Here's some Jam stuff that I experienced in my last tournament: -Her 6HS is THROW INVINCIBLE.Do not attempt to throw on wakeup or eat heavy damage. -Puffball FB can be beaten by 2D! -Jam can parry your shitsu on wakeup and throw out a 2D in your shitsu string.Be ready to bait/punish with dashing 2HS/6S IAD string. -She's a floaty,meaning combo combo combo!

Well, from one thing i've learned from playing against Jam is that Anji's 5S is dangerous against her, especially once she starts her air shit. another thing i know but i think this is a given...do not let that bitch charge up anything! i repeat ANYTHING!!! for her ground work, most of her moves roll from high to mid to low so if you can recognize the pattern it can save you from wall loop and pop in with 2D when she least expects it. granted, i dont know much about the game and i'm still learning from other players about things but whatever knowledge i have, i can do my best to shell out that info. Also, we obviously know that Jam and other characters like that (chipp, millia, etc.) are much faster than Anji:arg:. so how to deal with that? :vbang: that's not the answer... what can be done on the other hand is that in spite of jam's speed in strikes, suprisingly you can outpoke her, even if it's little piddle things like 5S into 5H and that's it. the big thing i notice with Jam is that she requires momentum in order to work, and her speed builds it obviously. all you gotta do is just get one poke and pressure that bitch till she begs you to stop and make dinner for you and your butterflies :bad: If I come up with other info on her, i'll try to do what I can to lend some out.

is alot worse than dangerous >.> dont ever ever ever try to outpoke her , u have to outsmart whoever ur going up against depending on how good they are never do a mid or high hitting move on wakeup unless u have to for an overhead or such option select parry will own u , about the shitsu parry into low which she should be doing 2s not 2d if u time it correctly u can keep locked down with run up 5k and shell never get to attack but u cant get much of a mixup from there just stops her from poking back . Dont back dash in this matchup ever >.> , she will destroy u in the air if she can react fast to stuff

this post is mostly a note to self always delay your shitsu if you're going to use it after a knockdown. she stands up SLOW. disappearing shitsu is not fun meaty 2S is immune to DP regardless of distance. 5P good vs her iad moves

Counter random puffball with 6K or Fuujin on "reaction". Anji is practically designed to counter that kind of nonsense. Otherwise, pretty tough matchup :v:

IMO it is a little easier and less risky to counter puffballs with 2D into whatever weird combo/oki set up you want to do. Fuujin works well also unless you do it on reaction of the puffball startup which could lead to that split kick thing beating fuujin and eating damage. And 6K is hardcore to beat puffball, not really as rewarding as 2D or fuujin into combo, so I personally don't attempt it. Especially considering fail = death, or at the least momentum in the wrong direction.

Sign in to follow this