Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OrionXElite

[CS2] NEW Valkenhayn Video Posting Thread!

He instead of resetting pressure on 6B everytime cause even though it is +8, if they IB it, they can DP through anything you link after.

Are you sure?

I thought 6B - 3C was extremely tight even on IB and couldn't be DP'd.

Are you sure?

6B gatlings into 3C, so I imagine that there isn't a whole lot of a gap there.

Thanks for the advice, I'll work on all that.

Are you sure?

I used A piece of street fighter terminology there. Link in the sense of the move fully recovering before doing anything else. Example being 6B>5B. Gatlings after 6B are airtight. 6B>3C is unable to be DP'ed. Hell, if they don't IB, 6B>2A is airtight.

Hina(Valk) vs Tamohide(Taokaka)

Hina(Valk) vs Kure Hane(Rachel)

Hina(Valk) vs Poa(Ragna)

Hina(Valk) vs Kurono(Noel)

Osen Sareta Jinren(Lambda-11) vs Masashi(Valk)

YY(Lambda-11) vs Masashi(Valk)

Hame(Litchi) vs Masashi(Valk)

I'll update the first post tomorrow night. I've been really sick ever since I got back from EVO so I've been hard pressed to spend much time doing anything productive:v:

I'll update the first post tomorrow night. I've been really sick ever since I got back from EVO so I've been hard pressed to spend much time doing anything productive:v:

Rest up until you're healthy again, Orion. The first post of a thread on DL isn't so important that you should force yourself to do it when you aren't feeling well.

On the matches (namely with Masashi): Anyone know why Masashi prefers [w]j.B oki over [h]j.C? I notice that he very rarely ends with j.C if he can help it.

I've noticed he has a very long Wolf ender that involves a whole bunch of j.A and j.B which may or may not give him more heat than the normal ender and it looks like when he ends on the [W]j.B, hes able to get them to end on an Air Tech which prevents any type of roll to be possible instead of dealing with roll outs and OS's off of those.

wjB ender also allows you to do meaty wolf pressure, which is a plus if you want to get your mix-up going right away.

Even if they don't tech in the air, he can jump cancel and do a wolf dive to prevent tech rolls similar to falling j.C.

It's also just nice momentum wise. Before Masashi just confirmed everything into w.jAAA rising j.C falling j.C, which is pretty slow (due to the hitstop on the j.As), but the wolf j.B ender feels a lot faster and gives the opponent last time to react on oki.

I've seen another Valk do similar enders before, but it's nice to see Masashi catch on to its benefits.

Just want to say I really like Hina's valk. First JP Valk I've seen to do all the extremely optimized combos off most confirms. I also enjoy it when I see valks that incorporate a lot of CC cancels in their movement/pressure.

The Valk tech in Japan is improving ever so slightly with each day.

OK So I am finally back to being productive and have updated the first page with everything from the past 3 weeks. Matches were added to most of the cast so that means more for us to watch. I am also gonna have a talk with one of my good friends who has some fancy recording equipment to MAYBE hook me up and record some Valk stuff for the forums. Not sure if it'll be combo video status, but what I'd really like is to have video references for combos which would also entail renovating the Combo Thread and putting some visuals with the wall of combos. Just a thought now so we'll see :3

1)I like how Hina returned the favor of a perfect match to that Noel.

2)I love Masahi's flashy play

But he seems to depend a LOT on wolf mode. In one of those vids he was really waiting to charge wolf meter after failed to command grab for more [w]meter.

And that double failed Burst attempt in last vid was just painful D:

But I'm relatively new to Valk, so I wondered: Why did Hina RC'd his DD?

The DD by itself wouldn't have killed Ragna, but you can RC the distortion into a larger damage combo that would have killed. Luckily the follow-up hits are generally burst safe (2C is jump cancellable, and 6B is burst safe in itself), so he was able to bait the burst. Messed up his punish unfortunately.

And wow Masashi was playing really nervous against Galileo.

The DD by itself wouldn't have killed Ragna, but you can RC the distortion into a larger damage combo that would have killed. Luckily the follow-up hits are generally burst safe (2C is jump cancellable, and 6B is burst safe in itself), so he was able to bait the burst. Messed up his punish unfortunately.

And wow Masashi was playing really nervous against Galileo.

Thanks, looking back at it I understand.

Haven't seen any vids from the 2 VK that are qualified for SBO, Senchou and Joker. :/

Sad that my favorite VK players (Hima and Masashi) aren't qualified.

The movement in that video right here amazed me:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ms6gx4dRoA#t=16m10s

He moves through them almost effortlessly-- whoever this guy is, he either got lucky or really knows how to move around.

Also lol at w[5B] mashing working even after getting hit in wolf:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ms6gx4dRoA#t=16m29s