Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OmniSScythe

[CS2] Makoto Nanaya's Combo Listing and Discussion Thread

fefjao.png

Makoto_by_Jiso.png

Brought to you by Morton's salt.

Starters and description:

Normals:

2A: Leads to her basic combos, breaks up to 6k damage with meter.

5A: A less useful version of 2A, can be used to jab people out of air normals.

5B: Fast poke, air unblockable, can be jump cancel on hit or block, leads to some of her

stronger combos and can combo to 2C on CH.

5CC: Strong starter, low range, air unblockable, can be jump cancel on hit, can stagger between hits and leads to her stronger combos. Can combo to 2C on CH 5C

2B: Low, OTG's and leads to her basic combos.

6A: Anti-air, can be jump cancel on hit or block, air unblockable leads to air combos or 2D/5D.

6B~C: Overhead, air unblockable leads to some of her stronger combos, forces crouch.

6C: Decent poke, air unblockable, can be used after 5B if 5C can't gatling. and can be combo'd off of with 214B~A/B and on CH can be combo off of with 214A~A.

3C: Low, slow start up, leads to most of her stronger combos, can gatling to 2C/2D.

2C: Can cause Fatal status, slow start up, low, anti air and air unblockable. Goes into 214B~D on hit and used in almost all her good combos.

j.A: Quick air jab, can gatling to j.B.

j.B: CH gives a TON of hitstun, normal hit also have decent hitstun.

j.CC: Can gatling to j.B after first hit.

j.2C: Clashes with almost anything, same damage potential as 5A/2A.

j.B+C: Makoto's air throw, it has a unique property of allowing the opponent to burst during the 2nd hit which depending on the timing will either allow you go right through it or block it.

Specials:

46/ Parry: Can parry high and mid moves and if close enough stuns the opponent. On ground parry causes the opponent to spin and must RC'd to combo off of.

On air parry it can be combo from if higher enough without using it's follow up though it highly prorated. Space counter breaks a primer. Has very short recovery.

623C/j.623C: DP, air unblockable with both versions, used in corner carry combos, if the D is used near the peak you can fall faster and make the follow up whiff which can be used to extend a combo. Knocking down a opponent with a level 1 or 2 2D follow up give them increase untechable time before they can tech.

5D: Causes ground slide, is air unblockable on any level, standard combo filler, breaks a primer, can fatal, 5D (1) and (2) has different uses than 3.

2D: Causes ground slide, is air unblockable on any level, standard combo filler, breaks a primer, can fatal. 2D (1) and (2) has different uses than 3.

j.D: Causes ground slide, breaks a primer and can fatal.

236A/~D: Nick named orb oki, projectile, hits 4 times and is active for a short while. The ~D follow up at full charge goes 4/5ths of the screen, can break a primer, takes 2 primer at close range since Makoto's fist adds a hit, causes wall bounce anywhere and can fatal.

Astral vision A/B/C: Makoto's illusion special, causes 2 afterimages to support the real ones movement which depends on the version and has follow that only possible during AV. Astral vision B/C can get increased range if done during dash.

214A~A/214A~B: A stop's movement from astral vision A. B allows you to go through opponents.

Lighting arrow B and C (214B~D and 214C~D respectfully): Breaks primers, CH causes Fatal status and C arrow crosses up on Tager. 214B~D is great to use as a combo finisher due to the large amount of untechable time on hit.

214A~D: Has invincibility on juke, breaks a primer, can cause fatal status, causes wallbounce in the corner.

214A~C: Can combo into C~mash, on CH combos into ~D and air unblockable.

214A~C~A: Overhead, can go into 5D/2D on hit and air unblockable.

214A~C~B: Low, or CH hit can be combo off of with 2B.

214A~C~C: C~CCC or C~Mash, can be combo'd off up with rapid cancel

2D/214B~D or 2A > 6A when in the corner.

Particle Flare: PF for short, a three part distortion that does more damage with level 3 charges. Can be stopped at part 1 and be combo'd off up with part 2 using dash then 2D(3). Leads to Makoto's highest damaging combos. Can also OTG with the first hit but must charge to level (2) during the second hit to avoid a blue beat. Air unblockable

Big Bang Smash: BBS for short, projectile, full charge hit 3/4ths of the screen, can punish other projectiles and can be used to combo into PF if timed and spaced right.

6A+B: Her counter assault, can be combo'd if it CH's with the opponent is in the corner. Counter assaults cannot kill but will leave opponent with 1 HP.

Notes:

All drives are level 3 unless stated otherwise.

| > = means next to corner continuation of a combo.

orb oki means do 236A so your opponent can't roll out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OdGPacgqT7k

^ A video with more of Makoto's basic to advance combos in it.

All combos listed are with their weakest possible starter.

Mid screen combos:

Grounded:

2A > 5B > 6A > 5B > 5CC > 6B~C > 214A~CCCC | > 5A > 5B > 6A > j.B > jc j.B > j.623C~D

Simple corner carry combo off of 2A, builds quite a bit of meter.

2A > 5B > 6C > 214B~A > j.B > jc delay j.B > delay j.623C~D (whiff) > 5B > jc j.B > jc j.D | > 5D > 2D > delay 236A~D > delay 214A~D > 5CC > jc j.B > j.623C~D(2) > orb oki

Standard corner carry combo, builds up to 49 meter and doesn't work on Lambda and Carl.

5B > 5C > jc j.B > jc delay j.B > j.623C~D (whiff) 5B > jc j.B > jc j.D | > 5D > 2C > 2D > delay 236A~D > delay 214A~D > 5CC > jc j.B > j.623C~D(2) > orb oki

Combo off a punished backdash, can be done with " 2A/5A > 5B > jc j.B " as well but must omit 2C > 2D to just 2D.

5B(CH) > 2C > 214B~D > 2C > 214A~D > 6A > 5D > 2C > 2D > 2C > 214B~B > jc j.D > 2366A~D > 214B~D > PF1(2)2(3)3(3)

5B/5C CH combo

6C(CH) > 214A~A > 5B > 6A > 2D > 2C > 214B~D > 2C > 214A~D > 6A > 5D > 2C > 214B~B > j.D > 2366A~D > 5CC > jc j.B > j.623C~D(2) > orb oki

6C CH combo

214A~C (blocked or CH) ~A (hit) > 2D > 2C > 214B~D > 2C > 214A~D > 6A > 5D > 2C > 214B~B > jc j.D > 2366A~D > 5CC > jc j.B > j.623C~D(2) > orb oki

Combo off Astral Vision's A overhead.

2A/5A > 5B > 5CC > 6B~C > 214A~C~A > 2D > 2C > 214B~D > 6A > 5D > 2C > 214B~B > jc j.D > 2366A~D > 214A~D > 5CC > jc j.B > j.623C~D

Tager and Hakumen only combo.

2A > 5B > 6C > 214A~C~D > 66 5D > 2C > 214B~D > 2C > 2D > 214B~B > jc j.D > 2366A~D > 5CC > jc j.B > j.623C~D(2) > orb oki

Platinum, Lambda, Hazama, Makoto, Valk and Noel only combo, in order of easiest to hardest to land on.

5B > 5CC > 6C~B > 5D(2) > RC 2C > 214B~D > 214A~D > 6A > 5D > 2C > 2D > 2C > 214B~B > jc j.D > 2366A~D > 5CC > jc j.B > j.623C~D(2) > orb oki

Rapid cancel combo

5B > 5CC > 6C~B > 214A~CCCC > RC 2D > 2C > 214B~D > 2C > 214A~D > 6A > 5D > 2C > 214B~B > jc j.D > 2366A~D > 5CC > jc j.B > j.623C~D(2) > orb oki

Alt rapid cancel combo

46~D > RC 2C > 2D > 2C > 214B~D > 2C > 214A~D > 6A > 5D > 2C > 214B~B > jc j.D > 2366A~D > 5CC > jc j.B > j.623C~D(2) > orb oki

Parry rapid cancel combo

2A > 5B > 6C > PF1(2) 2(2/3) > 2D > 2C > 214B~D > 2C > delay 214A~D > 6A > 5D > 2C > 214B~B > jc j.D > 2366A~D > 5CC > j.B > j.623C~D(2)

Standard corner carry/corner switch combo, the delay only matter if your in the corner otherwise use it asap to get farther push into the corner's wall.

5B > 6C > PF1(2) 2(2/3) > 2D > 2C > 214B~D > 2C > 214B~B > jc delay j.B > delay j.623C~D (whiff) > 5B > jc j.B > jc j.D > 5D > 2C > 214B~B > j.623C~D(2) > orb oki

Corner to corner combo when you mess up the corner switch.

CH 623C~D(whiff) > PF1(2) 2(2/3) > 2D > 2C > 214B~D > 2C > delay 214A~D > 6A > 5D > 2C > 214B~B > jc j.D > 2366A~D > 5CC > j.B > j.623C~D(2)

Make them REALLY respect your DP option.

Grab:

4B+C > walk backward 2B > 6A > 2D > 2C > 214B~D > 6A > 5D > 2C > 214B~D > jc j.D > 2366A~D > 214A~D > 5CC > j.B > j.623C~D(2)

Standard backthrow combo

B+C > RC 66 2D > 2C > 214B~D > 2C > 214A~D > 6A > 5D > 2C > 214B~B > jc j.D > 2366A~D > 5CC > jc j.B > j.623C~D

Corner carry combo

j.B+C > 2B > 6A > 2D(1) > 5B > 6A > 2D > 5B > 6A > jc j.CB > jc j.D

Simple corner push combo.

j.B+C > 2B > 6A > 2D(1) > 5B > 6A > jc j.b > jc j.D > 66 5D > 2C > 2D > delay 236A~D > delay 214A~D > 5CC > jc j.B > j.623C~D(2) > orb oki

Better one if some what near the corner.

Anti-air:

CH 6A > 5B > jc j.B > jc delay j.B > j.623C~D (whiff) 5B > jc j.B > jc j.D | > 5D > 2C > 2D > delay 236A~D > delay 214A~D > 5CC > jc j.B > j.623C~D(2) > orb oki

Can do the same off non counter 6A by omitting the 5B

CH j.B > 2C > 2D > 2C > 214B~D > 2C > delay 214A~D > 6A > 5D > 2C > 214B~B > jc j.D > 2366A~D > 5CC > j.B > j.623C~D(2)

Standard j.B CH combo.

Corner only combos:

2A > 5B > 5CC > 6B~C > 5D > 2C > 214B~D > 2C > 2D > 2C > 214B~B > j.D > 2366A~D > 214A~D > 5CC > jc j.B > j.623C~D orb oki

Standard corner combo

5B > 5CC > 6B~C > 5D > 2C > 214B~D > 2C > delay 214A~D > 6A > 2D > 2C > 214B~B > j.D > 2366A~D > 214B~D > orb oki

Good starter version

B+C > 6A > 5D > 2C > 214B~D > 2C > 2D > 2C > 214B~B > j.D > 2366A~D > 214A~D > 5CC > jc j.C > j.623C~D(2) > orb oki

Corner grab combo.

2A > 5B > 5CC > 6B~C > 5D > 2C > 214B~D > 236A~D > 2C > 2D > j.D > 5D > orb oki

can alternatively be ended with j.D > dash 2C > Particle Flare or j.D > dash 6C > Big Bang Smash (input of the last bit 66C3216D )

this combo deals slight less damage than her regular BnB but is easier to land (no 2366A~D required) and should work perfectly against all characters.

Misc. tips/tricks

A lot of combos doesn't work on Carl and Lambda.

Against Makoto, Tsubaki and Lambda you may had to adjust your timing to keep the combo going.

A dashing start makes Astral vision B and C gain more range.

Throwing jab during Astral vision B and C gives you the ability to jump and cancel into barrier.

Parry has very short recovery, you can go straight into another normal or special. Or even use it to punish mashing during you pressure without dropping it.

You can Kara-cancel 5D into her grab, however if force you to go backward while whiffing a grab.

Reserved.

Feel free to start posting now, post any combos you think should make it to the OP as long as it practical. :eng101:

You can Kara-cancel 5D into her grab, however if force you to go backward while whiffing a grab.

Explain

And Could you please tell me the combo that would make me end it with

2366A-D>214A-D>6A>BBS>PF

(Assuming this combo starts with 5B)

I think its because Ive already used shooting star earlier in the combo and it causes the OP to tech out of the BBS after the 6A.

So I always do

2366A-D>walk back 6A>BBS>PF

Can you provide me with a full combo ending with 2366A-D>shooting star>BBS>PF?

I know I've seen it before..

Explain

5D~B+C meaning grab with 1-4 frame of hitting 5D will make her grab while moving backward and may or may not let her drive gauge show slightly.

And Could you please tell me the combo that would make me end it with

2366A-D>214A-D>6A>BBS>PF

(Assuming this combo starts with 5B)

I think its because Ive already used shooting star earlier in the combo and it causes the OP to tech out of the BBS after the 6A.

So I always do

2366A-D>walk back 6A>BBS>PF

2A > 5B > 5CC > 6B~C > 5D > 2C > 214B~D > 2C > 2D > 2C > 214B~B > j.D > 2366A~D > delay 214A~D > 6A > BBS > PF

Can you provide me with a full combo ending with 2366A-D>shooting star>BBS>PF?

I know I've seen it before..

Same as above, I just tend to show the weakest possible starter for something.

Corner

can alternatively be ended with j.D > dash 2C > Particle Flare or j.D > dash 6C > Big Bang Smash (input of the last bit 66C3216D )

this combo deals slight less damage than her regular BnB but is easier to land (no 2366A~D required) and should work perfectly against all characters.

I may have the to write out various enders to avoid carbon copy combo.

Corner

Now I like this, any chance of 214A~D > 2C after 236A~D part? Though it isn't necessary.

I may have the to write out various enders to avoid carbon copy combo.

Now I like this, any chance of 214A~D > 2C after 236A~D part? Though it isn't necessary.

Tried but it doesn't work.

I also tried doing 214A~D > 6A > j.B > j.D but there's not enough time to connect the j.D. I could, on the other hand, do dash 2C > 214A~D at the end (after the j.D) but I need to experiment all the possible options that are available after that. It might be possible to setup a left/right orb oki, but needs more testing.

The fun part of Makoto is that her combos are so modular that we don't really have to follow the textbook, we can just "improvise" and still find ways to connect all the pieces together. snyan.gif

True, this is my combo off parry RC into gold burst:

46~D > RC ABCD > 2C > 214B~D > 2C > 214A~D > 6A > 5D > 2C > 2D(1) > 5CC > 2D(1) > 5CC > 2D(1) > 5CC > jc j.B > jc j.D > 66 2C > 2D > 236A~D > 214B~D

With an optional PF if they aren't already dead.

Ok, so I was playing with another Makoto at a tournament the other day. I don't fully remember the combo but it went something like this.

5b 5cc 6bc 5d 2c 214b~d 2c 2d 2c 214 b~b jd 214 a~d 236a~d 214c d.

The orb didn't fully connect all the time but I think thats because of execution problems. It was pretty interesting to see. and doing the c lightening arrow left with him decent oki. I'll have to message him about the combo because I'm not entirely sure if that's correct at all. It may just be a simpler version of the same combo, that takes out the dash 6a after the 214 ad and it takes out the 2366a d. It doesn't seem like you can BBS or PF after it though, so for a simpler meterless combo it may not be bad. I'll try and get the full annotation from him later.

<3 Rono , I hate 2366a , i can never land it in a tournament. Now I just do something easier. I should have thought of this t.t

To go off this combo and this is just speculation, I haven't had time to test this. Could you potential after that j.d 66 2c 214b j.c .j.b 623c~d(lvl2) orb oki. Because when I did test the 5d oki, you are safe with the orb, but they can just dp and take 100 damage and be in a better position. I always wonder how vulnerable you would be to tager grabs.

Oh, I'll tell you the combo. In all honesty, you can make up whatever you want given a day in training mode with Makoto, but I made this combo SPECIFICALLY because I CANNOT do 2366a~d. I was talking to OmniSScythe, and watching him do it on pad at Revelations, and I'm blown away, I can't even do it once. So I made my own technology without to make do :/

The "ghetto oki" combo is this-

mixup -> mars chopper hits -> 2d -> 66 2c -> 214b~d -> 66 2c -> 214b~b -> JC -> j.d -> land 214a~c~d -> 6a -> 5d -> 66 2c -> 236a~d -> 214c~d -> 6b -> orb

My ghetto fatal combo is in the same fashion as well-

2c[FC] -> 214b~d -> 66 2c -> 2d -> 66 2c -> 214b~b -> JC -> j.d -> land 214a~c~d -> 6a -> 5d -> 66 2c -> 236a~d -> walk back 6a -> BBS -> PF

Around 7.6k depending on how well you hit the last lvl 3's, but the best thing that if you have even mediocre execution, this is SUPER easy compared to those 2366a~d combos, and even more importantly, corner carries VERY easily, especially if you delay the 214b~b ... j.d part. Oh yeah, and no "214a~d -> dashback 6a 5d" bullshit either... horray for intermediate makoto :kitty:

I still have to play around with it, because it seems it might be character specific, or too prorated around the 236a~d part.

2c[FC] -> 214b~d -> 66 2c -> 2d -> 66 2c -> 214b~b -> JC -> j.d -> land 214a~c~d -> 6a -> 5d -> 66 2c -> 236a~d -> walk back 6a -> BBS -> PF

Around 7.6k depending on how well you hit the last lvl 3's, but the best thing that if you have even mediocre execution, this is SUPER easy compared to those 2366a~d combos, and even more importantly, corner carries VERY easily, especially if you delay the 214b~b ... j.d part. Oh yeah, and no "214a~d -> dashback 6a 5d" bullshit either... horray for intermediate makoto :kitty:

I still have to play around with it, because it seems it might be character specific, or too prorated around the 236a~d part.

I think a good alternative after j.D is 5D > 214A~C~D > BBS > PF. It nets you 7.6k at most too. And I think this hits everyone (I haven't tried it on other characters but yeah :T)

on a note, kinda made this out of the blue last night

Throw > 6A > 5D >2D > J.D > dash > 214B~D > 5b >6A > j.b > j.c > jc >j.b >jc > 623c~D

= 3.8k 42 meter. Corner only.

Is there a way to extend this? I'm trying, but all my options seems to have them tech out of it D;

Throw > 6a > 2d > 2c > 214b~d > 2c > 214a~d > reverse dash 6a > 5d >... whatever

This should net more damage, on some character u can delay the d part of 214a~d, so you wouldn't need the reverse dash

I'm not at training mode right now, but I don't think that will work. 214a~c~d is very prorate touchy, sometimes the D wont hit unless its level 3, and sometimes it doesn't hit at all.

But doesn't hurt to try.

I think a good alternative after j.D is 5D > 214A~C~D > BBS > PF. It nets you 7.6k at most too. And I think this hits everyone (I haven't tried it on other characters but yeah :T)

on a note, kinda made this out of the blue last night

Throw > 6A > 5D >2D > J.D > dash > 214B~D > 5b >6A > j.b > j.c > jc >j.b >jc > 623c~D

= 3.8k 42 meter. Corner only.

Is there a way to extend this? I'm trying, but all my options seems to have them tech out of it D;

Good point, at least for not dropping the combo to kill them, BBS after 214a~c~d is probably a lot safer. Should see how much that nets in damage in stone.

As for your ender, you typically never want to go alllll the way up on the j. parts, jb jc JC jb jc DP goes really high, and you lose your oki because they tech before you land on the ground. Unless its going to kill them. just do one jb jc and DP after, it should be a little better.

Oh and I dont know if you wrote it wrong, but you usually always want to do jc jb JC jc jb instead of the other way around.

Throw > 6a > 2d > 2c > 214b~d > 2c > 214a~d > reverse dash 6a > 5d >... whatever

This should net more damage, on some character u can delay the d part of 214a~d, so you wouldn't need the reverse dash

Im pretty sure you can do the delay on everyone. Ive been doing it.

I can't reverse dash 6a though :v:

Learn it.

Slackness and noob substitutes will not be tolerated >:I loool

The delay only work when damage scaling isn't too high. I'll post something that should help a lot of people problems later today, :psyduck: