Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Janiekenzu

[CS2] Hazama vs Tager

>.< idk if a mod is supose to make this but im being literally Stomped on by this giant Red mofugga

What are you having problems with? I play both Hazama and Tager (plus I fight Tager pretty often) so I can probably help.

Zone with 6D and 5D. Bait sledge with D~A all day. And remember the most important thing in the CS2 matchup: DO NOT USE 214D~A ENDER FOR MIDSREEN COMBOS. Always end with Jabaki and if you wanna damage him and continue pressure, do a dash 5D before he wakes up from Jabaki and that should stop him from mashing. He'll be locked down and you can D followup to j.B or C followup for a nice crossup. You don't want to be near Tager. Use fully extended 2D~B and get away like a boss (or j.9D/j.7D~D). Your command grab beats his so if you see one coming in your blockstring and pressure, use it. Although I don't recommend getting too personal and in his face. If he's stupid enough to use 6A while you're grounded and magnetized, make him eat 3C CH for 6k. Watch out for A sledge if you wanna end your pressure with Jabaki because it goes through it for a scary CH sledge. Don't forget that 214D~A Lv1 can be followed up on Tager and Hakumen. Jump a lot by canceling your 5B and 5C. Don't dash cancel 2A > 2A too much because it'll get you 360'd very easily. Also... don't get magnetized. If he magnetizes you, the match is pretty problematic. The best thing to do when you're magnetized is use the run away chains like I mentioned and then crouch and sit still on the other side of the field till it wears off. It he jumps in at you, you have 2C and you can jump cancel 2C.

Why is every match up forum vs. Tager always super complete and informative? It's like every scene no matter where has a Tager player they like to beat up on for the lols.

Zone with 6D and 5D. Bait sledge with D~A all day. And remember the most important thing in the CS2 matchup: DO NOT USE 214D~A ENDER FOR MIDSREEN COMBOS. Always end with Jabaki and if you wanna damage him and continue pressure, do a dash 5D before he wakes up from Jabaki and that should stop him from mashing. He'll be locked down and you can D followup to j.B or C followup for a nice crossup. You don't want to be near Tager. Use fully extended 2D~B and get away like a boss (or j.9D/j.7D~D). Your command grab beats his so if you see one coming in your blockstring and pressure, use it. Although I don't recommend getting too personal and in his face. If he's stupid enough to use 6A while you're grounded and magnetized, make him eat 3C CH for 6k. Watch out for A sledge if you wanna end your pressure with Jabaki because it goes through it for a scary CH sledge. Don't forget that 214D~A Lv1 can be followed up on Tager and Hakumen. Jump a lot by canceling your 5B and 5C. Don't dash cancel 2A > 2A too much because it'll get you 360'd very easily. Also... don't get magnetized. If he magnetizes you, the match is pretty problematic. The best thing to do when you're magnetized is use the run away chains like I mentioned and then crouch and sit still on the other side of the field till it wears off. It he jumps in at you, you have 2C and you can jump cancel 2C.
Thanks, i've heard hazama is supose To run away in the Match up but that isn't my style, And Hazama's in your face game seems to benefit tager lol

Why is every match up forum vs. Tager always super complete and informative? It's like every scene no matter where has a Tager player they like to beat up on for the lols.

It's cause everyone subs Tager :kitty:

This match up is without a doubt 7-3 or even more in Hazama's favor. If you watch some JP HZ vs TG you'll find that there's basically nothing Tager can do here except hope that you mess up. You can run away all day with a constant negative warning/penalty and he still won't get a hit in. I'm guessing you're playing online and not a lot of Tagers are that good online and here is how they get in:

Jumping around like a madman with I believe it's J6c. Jumping around like a madman with j.d. Sledge, hammer.

If tager likes to jump at you, you can pretty much 623d him any time and it'll rape his air approaches. To a scrub, Tager coming in from the air can seem pretty scary but 623d will hit him almost every time because of the way he has to super jump to get anywhere at all. Trust me, Tager is your least feared opponent in this game.

When Tager comes in with sledge you can hit him with your 3c for a counter hit 90% of the time. Sometimes you will go for a 214d~b. The key to this matchup is staying out of sledge distance and watching out for him mashing out sledge on your chains. If you see him go for a sledge when you throw out a j6d your best bet is probably to cancel the chain. Another good idea is to use your j6d~b followup. Yomi his gadgeto fingaaahs and you have literally nothing to worry about.

Very true, just stating some ways to get around Tagers that spam super jump J6c and sledge thinking that they're scary. Good Tagers will just block hold and block a lot because he really doesn't have a lot of options. The thing is Tager is the one who has to get in here because you can get in how and whenever you want. If his blocking is getting frustrating then just stop approaching. It's not like he really has a lot of stuff he can do against you so if you have to try to start baiting sledge for a 3c ch then do it. Go for grabs or command grabs if you notice he has a stiff guard early on and if you're not smart with it you'll get jabbed. Once you have the life lead you can just run away the rest of the match if you want.

Keep in mind that when the match starts, you need to approach Tager. Tagers that know the match-up will either hold downback or walk forward cautiously and block any chains you throw. The reason for this is simple: Once Tager gets hit, he basically loses. By turtling, Tagers are able to build up meter for Spark Bolt, which makes the neutral game much more dangerous for Hazama. So, go in on Tager first. Only when you get the first hit do you enter lame mode and run away for the timeout.

Oh right spark bolt, this definitely can make Tager seem deadlier. A good Tager will not use this against you while you're in the air but most Tagers are not good. Super jumping right over it when you expect it (or even if you don't a super jump is not going to hurt you in any way). A pretty funny thing to do is 5d~b and you'll shoot yourself right over it and straight to the Tager depending on how far out the chain is extended. Spark bolt is definitely one of the fastest projectiles in the game but the nice shiny golden meter for it means that you should never be taken by surprise.

Keep in mind that when the match starts, you need to approach Tager. Tagers that know the match-up will either hold downback or walk forward cautiously and block any chains you throw. The reason for this is simple: Once Tager gets hit, he basically loses. By turtling, Tagers are able to build up meter for Spark Bolt, which makes the neutral game much more dangerous for Hazama. So, go in on Tager first. Only when you get the first hit do you enter lame mode and run away for the timeout.

This, most are going to expect the runaway game at the start. Getting that life lead can make Tager play on your terms.

Don't forget the Tager only combos. If you get 6D to hit or get 623D to hit(If you don't have meter), don't be stupid and dash 3C it to finish it. Do the Tager only 5C > Jakou loop instead. It should work at least 2 times and then you can 3C Jabaki to end it giving you a ton of meter.

Good stuff Zeron, that Tager specific 5c otg 623d loop has always been good fun. No relaunches vs. this character, just go for this.

I like to pretty much always start this match with 3c and almost never get punished for it. I don't bother dashing because a lot of times they try to start with a move and end up stuffed and you get to start with a nice 4k or so of his health. If you notice him backdash or jump at the start then it's unwise to do it again against that Tager but you never know if he'll try to start off with a sledge or something else that you could stuff. There's no reason to do this every time however, super jumping backwards puts you in a pretty nice position as well.

There are of course plenty of other options, do what you feel is necessary. Watch out for sledge 360 setups that happen in various ways. If you're someone who feels like you get randomly 720'd then you might just be getting jumped in on, rolled in on(buffer time), or just doing dumb shit while you're magnetized. Definitely run away when you're magnetized, it doesn't seem to last as long in CS2.

I believe if Tager goes for 4D or does 5C just a tiny bit faster than you, it's really bad. I prefer to jump out if I know my Tager knows how to play. But 3C can be rewarding at the start of the match sometimes.

3C beats sledge. You're not reacting fast enough or your letting him eat your chains instead of baiting it.

Dusty showed me that you can special cancel 5d into 214d~B on Bsledge guardpoint for a free CH everytime, I assume this remains true.

Special cancel 5d. All the chain hits are special cancelable. You can 5d > Jabaki, 6d > Jakou... Hell I'm pretty sure you can 5d > Command Grab.