Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dusty

[CS2] Hazama vs. Noel

Matchup Ranking: 6-4 Hazama's favor

Recommended Playstyle:

Noel is another character that you can zone out and run away from. Abuse this fact and get your free damage.

Basic/Matchup overview:

Noel gets a HUGE reward for taking risks and taking guesses. Your neutral is alot better than hers and you can zone her. If you get Noel in the corner Hazama's 2A>5C option select will shit on everything except wake up super.

long-distance: Throw chains, Noel can't do anything about it except guess optic barrel. If she gets in mid range you have to choice to run away which is what I would reccomend.

mid range:This is where you don't want to be. This is where noel is the most powerful in the match up as her Drives can put you into pressure and punish your normals. If you are in the mid range either run away and play long range or switch to close range combat where the match is better for Hazama. Her jump ins are not very good so your 2C should hit her out of the air. (have not experimented with 5A anti air yet)

short range: This is where the game gets scary as all Noel players know that they might be able to get away with mashing D to get out of pressure and hit you for 4K. But don't fret, the normal of the year is 5C. 5C will hit Noel out of 2D,4D,and 5D. Use 5C frame traps ALOT in this match. If you put her in a block string use 5C every block string to ensure you don't get mashed out. When you get that sweet 5C CH take away 2/3 of her life and make her stop mashing so you can run your unsafe pressure and mix up.

Best tools: 5C,5C,5C.

Things To Look Out For:

Optic barrel, don't shot ground chains when you are standing at an optic barrel point.

When you knock her down Oki with 5C, this is the best option when she has no meter as she cannot do anything about it.

Would you mind elaborating a bit on that 2A>5C OS?

What are the inputs?

Like, is it just 2A -> 5C?

Would you mind elaborating a bit on that 2A>5C OS?

What are the inputs?

Like, is it just 2A -> 5C?

If you knock her down in the corner lets say for example after J.214B then hit 2A>5C as soon as possible when you land as if you were gatling it. It takes some practice to get the timing right to make sure you get the 5C at meaty as possible but once you do he HAS to respect you on wake up. You can also do this mid screen if you are close enough to get a meaty 5C.

It also helps to abuse advanced input and hold down 5C.

Stay lame, trap a lot, pretty much. For 5A anti-air, Mostly usually trade or beat her jump attacks.

Except when she decides to j.4D :vbang:

I didn't really mention that, since well, you really not going to 5A with her that high.

But thanks for mentioning it beats 2C, I forgot it does.

Back when I was playing netplay, i'd get 2D'd all the time for using my 2a too sparingly. Just remember that Noel is dumb as hell, if you think you're using 5c too much you're likely not using it enough in this match =)

There has to be a counter for her j4d, anyone have any ideas? I have a feeling just forward jump into j.c might work, or maybe an IAD or super jump backwards to get the hell out of there and make space. I dunno.

There has to be a counter for her j4d, anyone have any ideas?

j.4D doesn't have any invulnerability, so pretty much anything can hit her out of it; 5A, 214D~B or 2/5C probably being your best bets since they are Hazama's more reliable anti-airs to the best of my knowledge. You can even grab her before the j.4D comes out, but do that at your own risk since if you mistime it Noel gets a FC.

It is a good idea to learn how to block her shit and get used to blocking crossup. Seriously there's so much time when she tries to "assault through" and theres enough time to react to a j4d. But if she's low enough it's all about dat 5b :cool:

I like to do 5C 214D instantly if I feel that she will do a drive. The reward on 5C CH is very good and it definitely makes Noel think twice about using drives to get out of your pressure. Even if she just blocks, you can still do stance mix-up and try again.

Zeron, you don't mean blocking Noel's drives when she's on wakeup right?

j.4D is extremely weak to mash. Most of the normals you have with Head and Body attributes can stuff it really, on depending the situation. There is very little reason not to press buttons when Noel is in the air against you anyway, her air normals aren't as good as your anti-airs (except for something like double jump j.D)

I like to do 5C 214D instantly if I feel that she will do a drive. The reward on 5C CH is very good and it definitely makes Noel think twice about using drives to get out of your pressure. Even if she just blocks, you can still do stance mix-up and try again.

Zeron, you don't mean blocking Noel's drives when she's on wakeup right?

j.4D is extremely weak to mash. Most of the normals you have with Head and Body attributes can stuff it really, on depending the situation. There is very little reason not to press buttons when Noel is in the air against you anyway, her air normals aren't as good as your anti-airs (except for something like double jump j.D)

You should meaty moves with a lot of active frames like 5C to ruin wake up D mashing. Barely any good Noel mashes D on wakeup. What I meant was to use safe blockstrings against her and block her mixup. If you get hit by D in your own blockstring, it's because you commit too much and don't use appropriate blockstrings. For example, Noel barely ever gets the opportunity to mash D against Tsubaki because nearly all of her moves, pressure and blockstrings kill Noel's D mash.

It is quite the nightmare facing Hazama as a Noel player. All of his pokes are superior. As is his zoning range, obviously. I have tried almost everything to get out of Hazama's pressure and the only thing that works is the dreaded "lucky guess". Noel's j.4D, as mentioned earlier, is simple to mash out of. 5A works like Hex said. Even though Noel's j.4D is faster in CS2 it is still an easy move to ruin due to its start up. If you are unsure, block it. It beats eating a fatal counter as Hex pointed out. If you play patient and annoying you should not have too many problems with Noel. Do not give her any excuse to kick your ass. Because she will.

Tick throws and frame traps work wonders in this match up. 2A> 5A, 2A>2C, 2A> 5C, should all neutralize her drives and Dead Angle attempts if she has meter. They should stop wake up ground super as well but I'm not sure.

5B 5B is an amazing pressure tool in this match. Just keep an eye on your spacing and throw in a 5C if she has room for a 4D

If you throw out a chain, bait 4D.

Never pressure her with 3C > stance. Hell I think her 5D even beats 3C > delayed jabbaki.