Sign in to follow this  
TheSlyMoogle

Anji vs. Zappa

tough matchup but I think I have a bit to contribute. I'll break it down by his 4 modes naked mode: his only special is 236P but it's got great strike invulnerability and it's hard to punish unless close up. you can throw him out of it if close enough. He will often zone/poke with his f.S spit, it hits mid and then lands and creates a puddle which hits low. watch out for his jH crossup. dog: try hard not to get trapped in the corner or things get ugly. it's somewhat similar to fighting eddie. autoguarding can be helpful against his strings even against the smallest gap, but fujin won't do you much good here. don't forget that you can't hit the dog if it's just sitting there, can only hit if it's attacking or in recovery from an attack ghosts: this mode has incredible zoning and safe pressure ability, kinda like dizzy. so you may find yourself blocking for a long time. autoguard is useful for escaping when there is a small gap. Fujin not very useful unless he does a 236S projectile in ghost mode and doesn't frc. his jH can be low blocked so keep that in mind. This mode's only weakness is that it has the worst anti pressure of all his summons, with literally no reversal options short of super (which takes him out of ghost). sword: quite powerful in terms of raw damage but also has much less offensive flow than dog and ghosts. it's sorta like sol without the threat of 2D and GV going under all your moves. jH crossups are annoying but tend not to hurt much. 6H overhead can spell pain for you so keep an eye out for it. Many sword moves recover bad when whiffed, so well placed fujins are useful. his 236S-H can be punished hard with IB into dash 5S/5H. you can also fujin after the first hit and it will hit him if he does the H. raoh: you must air FD his anti air fireball. raoh is more like sword than the other summons so i think fujin will be more helpful than autoguard but not sure. anything you try against raoh is pretty risky. keep an eye out for his dust and look out for throw attempts, unless you're back is right against the wall he can get beefy combos from his throw, even midscreen. don't panic or you've already lost

Sign in to follow this