Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

XDest

[CSE] Bowling Ball General v:3

Talk about glorious speedy, primer breaking bowling balls here.

(Loketest Changes)

• Combo proration vs CS1 improved. The same combo from 2b yields that did 2900 in CS1 does 3200 here
  • 2B - Now gatlings to 5B
  • C Neko Makyuu (ball) - Startup slightly sped up, now removes 1 guard primer
  • Tao Pitan - Leap distance decreased, now only covers roughly half-screen
  • 6B - Now fatal counters
  • 6C - Faster startup. Now combos from a 5C/2C hit on a crounching opponent
  • j.d - Ground untechable time decreased (TL may actually be faster recovery for Tao?), now wall bounces on counter hit.
  • 6C - Now has at under 19 frames of startup
  • 5C/2C > 6C works on crouchers
  • 5B -> 6A no longer combos. ~5d RC 6a(1?) air combo does ~3200
  • 3C - Knocks back on hit, severe enough that 236a won't reach
  • j.8d - Untechable time reduced, can only combo 2 loops before they tech now
  • Hexa Edge - Wall bounce removed

And other changes which might come about.

-6C has faster startup (nice)

-Dancing Edge has less hitstun in standing/crouching characters. Wallbounce on CH (serious, wtf?)

-6B now FC (nice, but usually only mashing people get CH/FC by 6B)

-6B now FC (nice, but usually only mashing people get CH/FC by 6B)

Not true, it's good in places where a green grab would probably be. Also when guessing vs. lows. Also it's not all of dancing edge affected. It specifically says j.D.

Edit: Cirno's translation added to the top of the page.

Oh yeah, forgot about the throws...that's really helpful, but 6B P1 prorate is still kinda shity, so I don't really think it will be that good buff unless they also change its prorate. And ops, my mistake, it's really only j.D...But I'm pretty sure that the "lag-time" is hitstun...and it makes sense because of the j.D~B->5B->5C->j.D~B loop.

Yeah, I agree with you on lag-time being hitstun. But it looks like it'll still combo on CH closer to the corner, so I'm okay with this.

If I'm not wrong, the hitstun nerf about j.D is only if they are standing/crouching...I think the hitstun is still the same when it hit jumping characters.

One more change:

-Hexa-Edge doesn't wallbounce anymore

And great, the only thing that j.B was useful for is gone. At least I hope they increase the damage of Hexa-Edge itself.

If you guys can link me the original source in japanese I can translate it correctly for you :o

anyway, FC 6B is a great thing, even though it's not like Tao really needed it.

I'm more interested in the changes to her drive.

Most of changes are in the image that XDest posted, the hexa-edge one was taken by Nikki from JBBS (I don't what post though)

One more change:

-j.8D hitstun decreased, the loop doesn't work anymore (who didn't see this one?)

So far, the changes don't really excite me...Tao still seems to play the same way with the same combos without the loop...I was at least expecting they to make j.B useful for combos, but of course the loketest isn't over yet and there may be more changes.

No loop means huge damage nerf for her, if they don't tweak other aspects she's going to lose her status of glass cannon and just be a glass retarded kitty, heh :psyduck:

Not that huge :v: j.C->5B->3C etc does 3,7k midscreen without the loop. Even so, some setups really got a significant damage nerf with this like 6A, any drive hit and etc...I'll miss 3k after a 6A.

Not that huge :v: j.C->5B->3C etc does 3,7k midscreen without the loop. Even so, some setups really got a significant damage nerf with this like 6A, any drive hit and etc...I'll miss 3k after a 6A.

Pretty much. It's only really a ~100-500 damage nerf though for most situations. Not a huge deal. And I'm sure for corner combos we can come up with variants to get closer to that 4.6k we're used to now.

Tao gameplay after 3:30 :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PqMQqsyIEE&feature=player_embedded

It seems that you can at least use one j.8D~A in some combos, but I'm not sure what starters we will be able to do it. In the third round you can see the j.D CH wallbounce...it seems that you can't combo after it midscreen...that's really depressing. I hope I'm wrong.

As I said the last time around, Arc knows what they're doing, and they probably won't majorly nerf any character (except for Tager). From the looks of it, it looks like Arc is trying to get every character to be around B tier strength by buffing the lower end characters and nerfing the higher end characters. Either way, we'll probably see a bunch of ugly stuff, followed by some miraculous changes at the final test. I'd be more than happy if they could ditch the same move proporation on her drive and make her have no loops while keeping decent damage and pressure game. That way, we could hopefully get off the boring one way combo track Tao currently has in CS2.

As I said the last time around, Arc knows what they're doing, and they probably won't majorly nerf any character (except for Tager). From the looks of it, it looks like Arc is trying to get every character to be around B tier strength by buffing the lower end characters and nerfing the higher end characters. Either way, we'll probably see a bunch of ugly stuff, followed by some miraculous changes at the final test. I'd be more than happy if they could ditch the same move proporation on her drive and make her have no loops while keeping decent damage and pressure game. That way, we could hopefully get off the boring one way combo track Tao currently has in CS2.

This. Giving all drives except up drive same proration means we have to take the exact same route every time (2D~5->6D~6->j.C->9D~9->j.2D~C->j.C->9D~9->3D~3->j.236Bx5), or a slight variant (2D~C->9D~5->6D~6->j.C->9D~9->3D~3->j.236Bx5).

It was a lot better in CT because of all our options. The problem was the removal of the CT combo timer in CS1 made all of Taokaka's loops way longer (horizontal drive loop would have been possible several more times than CT if they didn't put in same move proration), and of course that's why Taunt Loop existed more than 2 times even though the properties on those moves were about the same.

But at the same time, CS2's same move proration everywhere was kind of overkill. cat2 loop, j.2D~C->j.2D~A and j.2D~C->j.2D~C wasn't a big deal, only taunt loop was. Those kinds of things gave variations on her non-taunt combo game (they didn't even affect taunt loop combos).

Lots of posts in Tao jbbs thread are talking about a possible coner loop with 6C. Like j.D CH->6CxN->236CC->finisher or j.C CH->6C->Nekottobi (?)->6Cx3 or 4. It's nothing really confirmed though.

*I don't know what Nekottobi is, but my friend that translated it said it's not AB2.

*Tao jbbs thread if anyone wants to see (the last posts have most of the information): http://jbbs.livedoor.jp/bbs/read.cgi/game/45148/1307471142

I really want her 5C CH poke back working. Let it be even shitty 2k damage, or just a reset/oki base, but it was simply cool to poke with 5C in BB:CT. If they could bring some combo off 5C poke back, it would be awesome, no?

Lots of posts in Tao jbbs thread are talking about a possible coner loop with 6C. Like j.D CH->6CxN->236CC->finisher or j.C CH->6C->Nekottobi (?)->6Cx3 or 4. It's nothing really confirmed though.

*I don't know what Nekottobi is, but my friend that translated it said it's not AB2.

*Tao jbbs thread if anyone wants to see (the last posts have most of the information): http://jbbs.livedoor.jp/bbs/read.cgi/game/45148/1307471142

tobi? http://eow.alc.co.jp/%C8%F4%A4%D3/EUC-JP/ . Cat Jump = 214D.

Edit: Hm, after testing it out, with 6C's speed increase this might actually be plausible. 6C -> RC -> 6C -> 214D -> 6C is possible in CS2 already.

http://generalnantoka.blog35.fc2.com/blog-entry-535.html

-5B->6A doesn't combo against grounded characters (wat).

-3C has more comeback, it's even hard to hit all the 3 hits midscreen. Only combos with 22C in the coner (wat²).

-Combos in general seems to have less prorate. A 2B->5C->5D->RC->6A in CS2 would do 2800, but it does 3200 now.

So...how does Tao combo midscreen without meter now?

-5C/2C->6C combos in crouching characters,

-3C (2hits)->AB2->5B->5C->6C works, so or AB2 has a better recovery or the hits of 3C have more hitstun.

Quick Impressions by Gyudon:

This isn't Taokaka (he wrote this for some other characters as well). Her mixups midscreen not leading to any aerial is a problem, 5B->6A not comboing anymore makes things harder. Because of the 6C buffs, Tao has a better coner carry now, maybe now she's a "only coner" character.

---

Not really liking those changes. It's not even a matter of Tao still being good or not, but she already had super limited combos options and was kinda boring and now they take out every single midscreen combo option without meter? Also 5B->6A not comboing anymore means that or 5B level attack decreased or 6A is slower...and both possibilities are horrible, specially the 5B one.

Not really panicing, just commenting the changes so far. I remember very well the nerf hammer in CS2 loketest and the sudden buff in the final version.

http://jbbs.livedoor.jp/bbs/read.cgi/game/45148/1307471142/468

ロケテだけど2Aの補正が緩くなったらしく相手しゃがみ食らいで

2A>5B>6A>J8DA~いつもので3300位減ってた

-2A proration is better. On crouching characters, 2A->5B->6A->j.8D~A->etc does 3300.

---

Okay...I don't really know how I feel about this.

So wait, doesn't that mean 5B->6A->... does in fact work?

Also, apparently CH 5B->6C is really nice, and apparently some stuff is now like CT?

Some people are also really freaking out, thinking it will be like CS1 Rachel. It's only the first loketest, seriously...

Two possibilities. Or 5B->6A just work on crouching characters or 2A is so godly now that 2A->5B->6A works at least on crouching (and possible other moves too). However, it doesn't seem that j.C->5B->6A works on standing character for some comments on jbbs.

edit: in fact, 5B->6A still works on crouching characters...too bad that everyone that I fight with Tao keep standing after 5C on blockstring :v:

2A leading to 3K damage is too good to be true! That alone would be a tremendously ridiculous buff for Tao.