Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

XDest

[CSE] Bowling Ball General v:3

Ok. I see now. Thanks for clearing that up. I have the timing down about 60% when I am standing right next to the player. It is just as HelpmeLearn says. I find it easier the father away I am from the opponent.

*Breaking news* XDest can now do the delayed standing hit confirm, mod powers are real.

I have been able to do that for quite a while you know ....

Yeah, but XDest wasn't. So yay XDest (as well as everyone who's already got it then)!

Can someone flesh out what actually to do after the instant overhead?

(Midscreen, Near Corner, and in the Corner)

Also, are we able to do anything with 6B -> j.2d~a/~b on crouching?

Notice how the Japanese are using the instant overhead and you will see they do it when the opponent is about one poke away from death. I personally feel it is meant to be used as an easy way to kill a weakened opponent as wasting 50 meter to do like no damage is a waste and you are much better doing AB2.

6B is plus on hit/block and unless it's characters like Noel and Rachel you are not getting any damage without meter. Use the fact that it's +2 to bait mash outs, DP's or just use it as a poke and return to neutral.

P.S. We should disown AJ as a Tao player for having a lower win ratio than me on the leader boards =3

Notice how the Japanese are using the instant overhead and you will see they do it when the opponent is about one poke away from death. I personally feel it is meant to be used as an easy way to kill a weakened opponent as wasting 50 meter to do like no damage is a waste and you are much better doing AB2.

Well if you have 100% meter it's worth it because j.A leads to AB2 combos with a good damage. It makes Tao's neutral game even more scary when she's full on meter.

Lol. I do not take ranked seriously in this version. No one on the west coast plays ranked anymore. Lets go take a look at CS boss.

Online ruined my offline timing. Netplay = never again

This, unless you live in Japan and have a godlike connection :V

What do you guys think is izayoi matoi strongest quality?

Godlike hitconfirming, though the same can be said for other japanese Taos.

What do you guys think is izayoi matoi strongest quality?

Matoi strengths IMO-(Consistency) He has very easy hit confirms for certain CH normals, although not exactly optimal in terms of maximum possible damage the easy factor and only losing 200-300 of max damage really makes up for it, Strong random neutral factor, A ton of character specific knowledge (this guy 3C's gauntlet), Finally he plays the lame game the best.

*Important Request*- I need someone to organize the combo thread as it is very sloppy and does not cover all the combo routes; or take into account the specific combos you do based on your position on screen. I need this information for the wiki.

I probably can help with that next weekend, it's the only real free time I have. I said that a few weekends ago, then I forgot about it. The original thread was made as a placeholder when none of us had actually played the game. We should definitely fix it up soon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=knUxInpVIvY#t=4m03s On another note, BBCT 5D->RC->j.A, gdlk.

Any tips for dash under gold burst combos in the corner can't get the 6C to come out fast enough I feel like I am still in recovery of the A cancel ;_;

Since I didn't see an Extend match-up thread yet, I figured it would be easier to ask here. Is the best strategy against Carl still aiming for a timeout in Extend?

Play 'catch me' imo in that matchup. Time up is an option but really hit and run is one way to play it

@XDest: Mind if I remake all the matchup threads again? and archive the rest?

Since there wasn't much of a change in matchups from cs2 to extend I will simply add the minor changes to my wall of text. Domethius archive everything and start new threads please and thank you.

@ toan against Carl you need to play passive aggressive in neutral and go in when you catch him in blocks stun away from Ada. Avoid being sandwiched at all cost and try not to barrier too much because then J.2C alle-can becomes either a cross up or a fake cross up and is harder to block.

Only if I was a mod I would. Till I can permission from Xdest I'll wait on making it.

Matchup related: wtf do you do against arakune? precurse and curse? I figured out during his curse game, your left defending.

precurse: use a lot of anti-airs to beat his pressure out. don't let him autopilot against you. utilize your air normals as yours have higher priority than his. watch out for 5C antiair as it will lead to 100% curse (with a good ara player). arakune doesnt have a meterless reversal so you can really keep the pressure on him. punish backdashes and random dives.

also important to note: you can tech his CA

Stupid question, but why the hell does the 3rd jC whiff after a simple JC > jC > DJC > jC > TJC > jc > j236BBBBB with a jD Dancing Edge starter?

Combos 9 & 10 in challenge atm.

EDIT: Nevermind got it. Delay the double jump jC.

Only if I was a mod I would. Till I can permission from Xdest I'll wait on making it.

Matchup related: wtf do you do against arakune? precurse and curse? I figured out during his curse game, your left defending.

Against Pre curse kune you play a little aggressive and take risk in terms of running straight at some clouds in order to get in and start pressure.

When cursed move forward at him as this will force kunes to not mash 6 (all buttons for bugs). Try to not stay at one air spot for too long because you might get randomly hit by a D-Bug and get bodied.

Overall you want to burst at times where your about to get curse or relatively early to keep momentum, saving your bursts for curse damage is a waste because by that time your already dead. Please read my match up info from CS2 as everything mentioned there is still relevant and can be easily be applicable to extend given a few modifications.

For the record instant j.B beats 2D free and will trade in neither persons favor and mashing 6A is a double edged sword because if you whiff both hits you just screwed yourself over. Though occasionally the two hits save you it's a matter of good decision making.

Anti-airing Arakune from ground has always been a gamble for Tao. It's better to anti-air with j.A/j.C or drives.

I think you mean air to air =3

But after playing biscuits and kousaka you generally need to recognize the situations where you can and can't anti air, however playing the match up air to air works just as well and is a bit safer.