Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chaoschao222

[CSE] Noel Final Changes

Well, at least we still have a decent way to get our opponents into the corner right?

Kinda sorta, corner carry don't mean shit if Noel still has a hard time punishing tech rolls. 5A Spam only seems to work for me when they are actually in the corner, but always fails midscreen.

Revolver Blast - Damage increased. Jump action resets when rapid canceled (if you've already jumped, you get another jump)

B, C Flash Haida("Silencer?") - Repeat proration added to starting hit. Can now holding the button for following hits.

When Rapiding the Revolver Blast, does it mean we get 3 jumps or 4 jumps?

Does it also mean that to do 22BBBBBC, we just hold B for a few seconds?

That should be the case if it's a property of the move, so with 100 heat you should be able to jump 4 times.

What Sky said and yes.

When they said we cant cancel drive chain into special then drive chain -> 214A -> haida loop no longer work??? And we just cant do 2 drive chain combo again and changes with silencer mean no haida loop whatsoever?

When they said we cant cancel drive chain into special then drive chain -> 214A -> haida loop no longer work??? And we just cant do 2 drive chain combo again and changes with silencer mean no haida loop whatsoever?

As far as I am aware the Silencer(Haida) loop will technically still be possible(to an extent). However, the repeat proration will kill any and all damage done from it. I cannot remember exactly if proration/untechable time are directly correlated or not. I might have that somewhat confused.

It seems to me like corner push is going to suffer a lot from this(thus less overall damage). I wonder if spamming Silencer in the corner will still be worth anything.

So far we can special cancel off drive-starters (ie 5D/2D/4D/6D>214A), but since follow ups arent special-cancellable, combos like blahblah>d.6C>214A won't work without RCing the drive.

With repeat proartion on 22B, it's likely haida is gone.

Don't forget that it's only the starting hits of Silencer that has repeat proration though, so our 22BBBBBBC combos will still be good. However, depending on how bad the repeat proration is, combos like XX > 6C > 22B > 22BBBBC might have to go since we'll be using two starting hits of 22B.

Also, like Raptor said, the new proration on the starting hits of Silencer has completely killed our loop.

Don't forget that it's only the starting hits of Silencer that has repeat proration though, so our 22BBBBBBC combos will still be good. However, depending on how bad the repeat proration is, combos like XX > 6C > 22B > 22BBBBC might have to go since we'll be using two starting hits of 22B.

Also, like Raptor said, the new proration on the starting hits of Silencer has completely killed our loop.

Unless we find a way of hitting them with only the second hit of 22BB...

Unless we find a way of hitting them with only the second hit of 22BB...

That seems incredibly unlikely. Unless they increase the vertical hitbox on it some to where the second hit would catch after the first one misses. Any time the move ceases to be available the input ceases to function. Like missing the spam post Fenrir in the corner. Although that is mostly just for spare heat gain. I like where you are going with that though.

I am out for now. Keep up the incredible and plausible speculation fellow players. Do not worry. It is not over yet!

Corner

Knockdown >stuff > (22B) 22C 6C (some 4D combo, for spacing purposes) 6C (2) 22BBBBBBBBBBBBBC <_<

Corner

Knockdown >stuff > (22B) 22C 6C (some 4D combo, for spacing purposes) 6C (2) 22BBBBBBBBBBBBBC <_<

That is kinda what I was thinking, other than that though I don't really see it happening, but hey adding it to corner damage would still be good.

[*]Assault through - Causes slide towards corner on normal hit, wall bounce on counter hit allowing follow up midscreen. Untechable time increased

Tiny bit of extra info that needs to be updated on the first post.

3C 22BBBBBC 66C 5D 236A 66C sjc j.C j.B dj.C 236C RC tj.D 623D sjc j.b dj.b dj.C 236C

as a POSSSSSSIBLE use of the extra jump on RB. Granted that I doubt it will be even remotely worth it since even flash kick prob won't connect at that height.

Yeah I doubt SR would connect in that combo what with the untechable time of j.D being decreased and how high your opponent would be. Hell, I'm not even sure that would be possible in CS2.

Still, I would wager that our method of getting damage would be RB RC loops, but it depends on the damage increase of RB in the first place. As it stands she looks to have CS1 Rachel levels of damage.

Maybe [5A 5B] 5C tk RB RC j.D d.5A d.6A d.6C d.2D SR sjc j.B dj j.B j.C RB?

Or Fancier still, 5A 5B 5C tkRB RC j.C(3) 66 5A 6A 6C 236A 66C j.d d.6B d.6C d.5D d.5C SR sjc j.B dj j.B j.c RB?

Iv noticed how alot of the combos you all are putting up are still doing 6c>236a or 6c>4d. However if i remember correctly not only did they nerf the untech time in 6c they also increased the start up of all optic barrels so im pretty sure 6c>236a isnt a combo anymore >.>

6c>4D in the corner might also be impossible.

As for the loss of corner oki with fenrir might as well end ur combos with her j.DD sinces its mim is also 700dmg. Cause ending it with Fenrir not only will majority of the bullets miss so you wont even be getting the 700 more like 550. So you might as well just do her air DD cause u can still get oki off of it ^.^

Also possible combos

Midscreen: 6a>6c>5d>optic barrel>6c>jD>d.6D>springraid>S.jb>jc>jb>jb>jc>revolverblast/DD

3c>22BBBBBBC>66>6C>jd>optic barrel>6c>2D>spring raid>S.jb>jc>jb>jb>jc>revolverblast/DD

CH 4D>63214a>2b>6c>236a(assuming off fatal its possible)>6c>22BBBBBC>66>6c>5D>d.5c>d.6c>spring raid>S.jb>jc>jb>jb>jc>revolverblast/DD

Corner

3c>22bbbbbbbC>6c>5D>opticbarrel>6C>jd>d.6d>d.6c(Now that 6d no longer moves forward 6d>d.6c should combo)d.5c>assault through>6c>2D>springraid>sjb>jc>jb>jb>jc>revolverblast/DD

J4D>d.5d>D.5c>d.6c>d.6D>assault through>6c>2D>springraid>air combo>revolverblast/DD

Iv noticed how alot of the combos you all are putting up are still doing 6c>236a or 6c>4d or even 6c>5d. However if i remember correctly not only did they nerf the untech time in 6c they also increased the start up of all optic barrels so im pretty sure 6c>236a isnt a combo anymore >.>

This worked fine in CS1 where the properties of both moves seem to be similar to the current changes. As long as you use 6C > 236A early in the combo, it will work.

Iv noticed how alot of the combos you all are putting up are still doing 6c>236a or 6c>4d or even 6c>5d. However if i remember correctly not only did they nerf the untech time in 6c they also increased the start up of all optic barrels so im pretty sure 6c>236a isnt a combo anymore >.>

6C's untech time wasn't nerfed, they nerfed it's cancel window, much different.

Ahh ok well.... i edited my post with some combos i believe will work >.> hope they are helpfull. And she should still be getting around 3.5k/4k midscreen and 5k/6k in the corner

As for the loss of corner oki with fenrir might as well end ur combos with her j.DD sinces its mim is also 700dmg. Cause ending it with Fenrir not only will majority of the bullets miss so you wont even be getting the 700 more like 550. So you might as well just do her air DD cause u can still get oki off of it ^.^

Min damage for it would more likely be 100 if you hit every bullet and 680 for the rocket. We said "Min damage 1k" for cs2 but in fact its: (200 + 70*16 + 4900)*0.2 which is (40 + 224 + 980) what we mean by 700 minimum would be that First hit + rocket = 700. Bullets between are not included. Thor itself is (160*10 +1900) = (320 +380) = 700 exactly, HOWEVER the hitstop on thor bullets is low when compared to fenrir which means that they will tech out of thor far easier than fenrir.

Also possible combos

Midscreen: 6a>6c>5d>optic barrel>6c>jD>d.6D>springraid>S.jb>jc>jb>jb>jc>revolverblast/DD

you aren't going to get that much j.B and j.C(3) in a combo

3c>22BBBBBBC>66>6C>jd>optic barrel>6c>2D>spring raid>S.jb>jc>jb>jb>jc>revolverblast/DD

if j.D 236A even REMOTELY worked, you're better off doing j.D 22C as there isn't repeat pro ration between 22B..C and 22C unless its changed in extend.

add 22C 66C 5D 236A if it works.

CH 4D>63214a>2b>6c>236a(assuming off fatal its possible)>6c>22BBBBBC>66>6c>5D>d.5c>d.6c>spring raid>S.jb>jc>jb>jb>jc>revolverblast/DD

Lol CH 4D 214A? Hope you have godly hit confirms or you just gave them a freebie punish.

Corner

3c>22bbbbbbbC>6c>5D>opticbarrel>6C>jd>d.6d>d.6c(Now that 6d no longer moves forward 6d>d.6c should combo)d.5c>assault through>6c>2D>springraid>sjb>jc>jb>jb>jc>revolverblast/DD

since when did 6D d.6C combo? you're thinking d.6B d.6C

J4D>d.5d>D.5c>d.6c>d.6D>assault through>6c>2D>springraid>air combo>revolverblast/DD

d.5C d.6C may not work in extend, slower drives. d.6D 214D prob lets them tech also. Why not j.D d.2D 623D? or even j.D d.4D 236D 6C 22BBBBBBBC 66C 2D 623D?

22B and 22C both same move prorate, and 6D > d.6C/d.6D > d.6C has worked since CS1.

To clarify, 6D > d.6C usually worked best when an opponent was knocked down for example:

3C > 22C > 66C > 22B > 6D > d.6C > d.2D > SR > 66C > j.D > d.6D > d.5C > d.6B > BT (CS1 Combo)

But you can still get some stuff off of standing 6D > d.6C on certain characters.