Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Teyah

Eddie vs. Slayer

I am having real problems against Slayer. Eddie has no DP type move so how does he deal with corner pressure from Slayer? Slayer's 5s,5s leaves him at advantage on block, if I do any move after blocking it Slayer hits me for a CH into combo. Slayer's IAD j.s after a plus frame block string is too fast, you cant hit him with 2HS as you just get hit every time during the start up animation. I can sometimes sneak a 2p in during one of Slayers block strings but his 5k beats it out for a CH. And while your blocking all this Slayer can cancel mappa into grabs just to be more annoying.

Be patient and block the strings. I would risk being thrown, since that's a lot less damage than getting hit by his combos....... Always go for a knockdown with 2p. Bait slayer into doing back dashes. Once you get a knockdown on slayer, unless you dont know eddie that well, you should be able to take control of the match. You can do unblockables at anymoment. Of course don't forget about the drills when you are filling your eddie gauge back.

Im having a little trouble with the slayer matchup. I cant keep him out of my face and when i do have a chance to hit him he just dashes (BCB I think it called) so my move wiffs. Also slayers jH beats out almost any AA i use. My only saving grace is if he is already far away and i just drill him like crazy or i have lil ed out. Anyway i need ADVISE

Quick notes Vs Slayer:

- After knockdown with 2D xx Summon, throw a meaty Close Drill to tag him if he tries to BDC away (follow with Nobiru -> combo/mixup). If you score a farther knockdown via a drill, chances are good that Slayer will try for BDC jump on wakeup. Try to get off a Nobiru to force him to block, which will force him to the ground where he is then susceptible to Mawaru mixup.

- Unless he's being horribly unsafe with it, don't try to reactionary antiair Slayer and his j.H. Use early backdash to create space and summon; early rj.K can also work to beat j.H but is also more risky (on whiff j.K, AD or fly backwards to avoid dying)

- Far drills can beat predictable Dandy steps and let you advance (or end with you getting punched in the face)

- Dry summons can be harder since Slayer can punch your face for free on reaction. As with most other chars, Summon -> almost immediate Nobiru is your best bet, as it can CH for huge damage.