Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Yuushiro

[CSE-CP] Jin General Thread "Jin it to win it... again"

Once I find a cooler name, I'll change it but it'll be this for now.

Jin general thread arise from popular demand.

Nice, it happened, a General Thread!

I NEVER GET TO PLAY CT

FFFFFFF

Don't do this to yourself, I did it once, I regret everything. BTW, are you guys looking forward to the changes in CS2 Extend?

@ Jourdal:

LOL I know right? Rare footage of Omni playing Jin. Last time I had a mirror with him, I lost in the most salty of ways, clash/trade D.dp... Good Times.

BTW, are you guys looking forward to the changes in CS2 Extend?

A bit. Needed a change. CS2 jin felt almost the same as CS1 jin game play wise (at least for me).

lol makes me wonder if 2C(FC) combos into 6B

Man lucky you, CS2 Jin feels completely foreign to me compared to CS1. But I do like the changes they are applying I Extend. I however miss my free overhead combos the most, 6a/RC/etc. kills me on the inside everytime I do it.

2C and 2D buffs sound nice, but I'm wondering how much better 2C really is.

I'm not liking the sound of 6C change, especially since 3C > 214C isn't universal (I was hoping for this).

Hiyoku Getsumei and j2C nerfs are sadness (unless j2C nerf isn't drastic).

I assume Jin's DP loop is still in so far? I kinda liked it a lot, I'd be sad if they took it out.

I seriously hope they stick with the loop, at first I hated it but it has grown on me. I like how my combo options quickly change from mid-screen to the corner. That and DP C > 5A > 5C > 236D (pressure reset) is fun as fuck. Although I'd take those 3C > 236D resets over 5A > 5C > 5D > 236D resets any day.

For now I'm just hoping for an actual AA in the form of 2C and that 6C AA > 2D works.

I heard they were still possible o:, i'll be mad if they take them out...i want them midscreen as well like ky's. Not liking the 6C change but a lot can happen from now until winter.

I'm glad we got a thread...i don't really know who the fuck plays jin minus the usual suspects like Moy or Mr. Shin

I heard they were still possible o:, i'll be mad if they take them out...i want them midscreen as well like ky's. Not liking the 6C change but a lot can happen from now until winter.

I'm glad we got a thread...i don't really know who the fuck plays jin minus the usual suspects like Moy or Mr. Shin

Midscreen DP loops? Get that broken shit out of here ;____;

Also, I dabble in Jin, I haven't gotten a chance to truly play him well, but I like messing around with him in training mode, his combos are kinda fun, if weird. (I will never get the hang of j.2C > JC > j.2C. Never.)

how do i general? o.0

@jourdal i will always play jin regardless of him being my main or sub, his concept(shoto in a airdash game) will always attract me to him

btw be sure to support me at super nci 2morrow everyone

I am liking the changes in A ice car and the 6A air properties, the 6C changes seem inconvenient but hopefully we will find alternative mid screen combos if that doesn't get changed. I liked CS1 Jin the most so far in terms of playstyle and effort, I hope CS2E Jin gives me the same feeling when playing him.

I main Jin if that means anything.

Man lucky you, CS2 Jin feels completely foreign to me compared to CS1. But I do like the changes they are applying I Extend. I however miss my free overhead combos the most, 6a/RC/etc. kills me on the inside everytime I do it.

Lol dude, I've used overhead in CS1 like below 10 times in a year(i wasn't used to RCing that time so i never used it due to -16)

The overhead buff was a like blessing to me, It reminded me "you got a fucking ground overhead, USE IT". I didn't mind the need to RC since i couldn't even do midscreen overhead combos without RC (sekkajin pushing them too far cause i forget to do dash with 6a)

And yeah I've seen your post about hitting a wall in terms of improvement. I'm in the same boat, got annoyed and slacked.

Funny how people say i've improved a ton even though i haven't practiced for a month lol. Probably lost some bad habits due to slacking and forgetting them.

I am liking the changes in A ice car and the 6A air properties, the 6C changes seem inconvenient but hopefully we will find alternative mid screen combos if that doesn't get changed. I liked CS1 Jin the most so far in terms of playstyle and effort, I hope CS2E Jin gives me the same feeling when playing him.

I main Jin if that means anything.

It means nothing.

Just kidding.

A lot of overhead air hit properties are becoming godlike. I agree with the 6C change, but I guess they really want to weaken midscreen damage.

I actually used his OH a lot over the course of CS1 so i was used to it...i mean who the fuck used jins OH? so it worked on a lot of people lol.

Lol dude, I've used overhead in CS1 like below 10 times in a year(i wasn't used to RCing that time so i never used it due to -16)

The overhead buff was a like blessing to me, It reminded me "you got a fucking ground overhead, USE IT". I didn't mind the need to RC since i couldn't even do midscreen overhead combos without RC (sekkajin pushing them too far cause i forget to do dash with 6a)

And yeah I've seen your post about hitting a wall in terms of improvement. I'm in the same boat, got annoyed and slacked.

Funny how people say i've improved a ton even though i haven't practiced for a month lol. Probably lost some bad habits due to slacking and forgetting them.

LOL I used his overhead a LOT in CS1 because it was a free Sekkajin combo, it had it's uses since it was super cancel-able but that's in the past, we gotta move on.

And I got back from casuals last night and I have come to realize that I have not hit a wall in progress. LunaKage and AXIS both told me that I have improved and I saw it myself. I just need to stop getting so damn salty when I drop combos and just wing it if something I didn't want comes out. I would do just fine, then I'd drop something or do something unintentional and I'd beat myself up for it WAY too much. They told me I do everything right if I'm comfortable and just need to stay in my comfort zone, also that I'm 200 percent better on pad, LOL.

I actually used his OH a lot over the course of CS1 so i was used to it...i mean who the fuck used jins OH? so it worked on a lot of people lol.

^ This.

It would expose a LOT of people if you kept them under pressure, in fact it still works, you just gotta know when to throw it out and you better have 50 heat to RC it otherwise it could work against you.

lol yeah i think it worked like 7~8 times in that 10 times i used it back then even when i was being so damn obvious.

LOL I used his overhead a LOT in CS1 because it was a free Sekkajin combo, it had it's uses since it was super cancel-able but that's in the past, we gotta move on.

And I got back from casuals last night and I have come to realize that I have not hit a wall in progress. LunaKage and AXIS both told me that I have improved and I saw it myself. I just need to stop getting so damn salty when I drop combos and just wing it if something I didn't want comes out. I would do just fine, then I'd drop something or do something unintentional and I'd beat myself up for it WAY too much. They told me I do everything right if I'm comfortable and just need to stay in my comfort zone, also that I'm 200 percent better on pad, LOL.

I used to be very salty over dropping combos myself. I still am salty about it, but only when its for the win then i drop it like a noob lol.

But yeah I think I'm improving again as well, felt it after the 1month slack LOL. Weird thing is though i was dropping combos less and can do other combos i couldn't do before XD

Yeah....losses dont make me salty, dropping combos however do lol. But yeah..i've created some creative shit from a dropped combo turned "reset" lol.

It would expose a LOT of people if you kept them under pressure, in fact it still works, you just gotta know when to throw it out and you better have 50 heat to RC it otherwise it could work against you.

Lol, I'll sometimes throw in two overheads in a row with Jin and the opponent will fall for it both times. It could work against your favor without heat, but you'd be surprised how much a low reward OH out of nowhere shakes up the opponent's defense, just don't do it too many times or the eventual grab/ DP/jab is going to come and punish you for it lol. It's also silly when an overhead to purple grab actually works, but if you don't want to risk getting punished afterwards, that's a good way to get some distance and even surprise them. (Although purple grabs aren't exactly reliable.)

I realize I improve a lot when I fight really good players consistently or fight SRZ in dittos, although I barely get that chance. :(

I also improve if I mix in a few players at a lower level, learning how to deal with players of all kinds honestly keeps your brain pumping, and allows you to think about how to handle completely different players. Never play them too much, or else bad habits start to form, but it is surprisingly helpful at times.

Yeah....losses dont make me salty, dropping combos however do lol. But yeah..i've created some creative shit from a dropped combo turned "reset" lol.

The only thing that's worse than losing matches and dropping combos is losing a match that you were about to win because you dropped a combo lol. Shit happens to me more often than not.

Lol, I'll sometimes throw in two overheads in a row with Jin and the opponent will fall for it both times. It could work against your favor without heat, but you'd be surprised how much a low reward OH out of nowhere shakes up the opponent's defense, just don't do it too many times or the eventual grab/ DP/jab is going to come and punish you for it lol. It's also silly when an overhead to purple grab actually works, but if you don't want to risk getting punished afterwards, that's a good way to get some distance and even surprise them. (Although purple grabs aren't exactly reliable.)

I realize I improve a lot when I fight really good players consistently or fight SRZ in dittos, although I barely get that chance. :(

I also improve if I mix in a few players at a lower level, learning how to deal with players of all kinds honestly keeps your brain pumping, and allows you to think about how to handle completely different players. Never play them too much, or else bad habits start to form, but it is surprisingly helpful at times.

First thing's first:

I had no idea you were SCAM 4 LIFE bro, what's up? Secondly my bad for not Jin Mirroring you when I had the chances to do so but I prefer the PS3 pad when I play. In addition to that, I just hate Jin Mirrors personally.

Now that's outta the way:

I am also shocked how OH > purple grab works. I have done it by accident when I try to RC and don't have the heat for it. Jun's overhead does add to the mindgame if you don't RC it as you said but man the punish that can follow makes me think twice about things and that's one of the things people say about my Jin, I'm SUPER safe when I play and don't take risks.

I have been changing that as of late but it is hard to kill old habits.

First thing's first:

I had no idea you were SCAM 4 LIFE bro, what's up? Secondly my bad for not Jin Mirroring you when I had the chances to do so but I prefer the PS3 pad when I play. In addition to that, I just hate Jin Mirrors personally.

Now that's outta the way:

I am also shocked how OH > purple grab works. I have done it by accident when I try to RC and don't have the heat for it. Jun's overhead does add to the mindgame if you don't RC it as you said but man the punish that can follow makes me think twice about things and that's one of the things people say about my Jin, I'm SUPER safe when I play and don't take risks.

I have been changing that as of late but it is hard to kill old habits.

Yeah, it's me, what's up man? :)

It's fine, I prefer the 360 pad personally but I can play both if you would rather play on the PS3. Jin mirrors are very silly, I agree. xD

I've seen a few videos, you definitely play a conservative Jin. I love solid play with risks, so I don't mind the punishment for things like that, but I understand why you would prefer not to do that.

Taking risks with Jin really help his mix up game a lot, but you have to change up your mix ups a lot or else you just start beating a dead horse. Playing safe with Jin is fine as well, what i would say is that you should change it up depending on the situation in matches. The best time to take risks with Jin is when you have the momentum (That's obvious lol), but if you can really get into your opponent's head while making sure you keep an eye out for what he can do to punish you, it becomes very scary mix up that Jin really needs since his mix up out side of that isn't so great :(, and your consciousness will help you change your strategy if you feel you are starting to get out of your comfort zone.

I mean, I like doing silly things like DP'ing the moment my opponent wakes up, but I wouldn't be lying if I said I mainly use it when I have 50 heat, I would rather have an option select along with testing to see if my opponent is hitting buttons.