Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Yuushiro

[CSE-CP] Jin General Thread "Jin it to win it... again"

CP Jin = CS2 Jin on some speed. OR. CT Jin extremely drowsy. I'll ask stunedge when he responds to my tweet about Getsumei, he's usually fine about questions but i don't want to bug him too much.

Midscreen Rehyou combos are the future!?! (i hope) and I'm seeing a lot of Jins do CH DP C>5C>2D>w/e or CH C DP>5C>2C>stuff>land,microdash behind>5B>stuff

Yeah, you're better off going for a reset from a DP C starter since it does crap damage anyways. I for one will probably be doing a lot of that DP C CH > 5C > 2C > 2D > j.2C > j.C > 66 5B > 5C > 22C > 66 5A/5B reset. If they don't recover from the stagger on time, then I can always tack on the standard combo finisher (5B > 5C > 3C > 214B > C) as a blue beat lol.

Stunedge also said that Air and Ground Hiyoku Getsumei do the same damage... not sure if he meant approximately or not, as I know cadacus_ater was calculating that separately.

naw man thats too slow and doesnt do as much dmg and i read that there a limit on freeze count on normals and specials

rewatched vid again and yeah freeze count is 3 and on specials is 2

Way to shoot down my dreams :(

lol

Damn, I didn't expect for there to be a freeze count limit. I wonder if his Drives have their own freeze count or if they count as "normals".

I just watched the video again and I think the freeze count rule is more of a "you can't freeze with the same move twice per string" as opposed to "you get a set amount of freezes depending on whether you use a normal move or a special move".

The first combo is...

Throw > 214B Whiff > OD > 5C > 6B > j.214C > 66 5C > 22C > 5C > Ice Wave

5C stopped freezing after the second one was used. 6B is not counted as a "freezing" normal. If the freeze count really was "3 for normals" then the 2nd 5C should have still have frozen the opponent.

Stunedge also said that Air and Ground Hiyoku Getsumei do the same damage... not sure if he meant approximately or not, as I know cadacus_ater was calculating that separately.

I'm guessing he was talking about them doing equal damage as a starter? Please correct me if you know I'm wrong on that.

I'm calculating them separately because I don't know how they prorate compared to each other and I know they have different min damage. They can vary by several hundred points of base damage and still do the same damage as a starter depending on their P1 and P2. I have a very weak grasp on what Air Hiyoku's P2 and base damage is, which really makes it hard...and I rarely see it outside of near min proration scenarios, which aren't very helpful for determining P2.

I'm going off of almost no hard data...I just estimate base damage, P1 and P2, and min proration by checking observations against my own calculations...which are close to, but perhaps slightly different from, that of the game, due to possible differences in rounding and multiple assumptions.

Hiyoku Getsumei has always been very tricky to calculate the base damage, P1 and P2, and min proration for. Rounding proration and damage to match the game is a rather difficult process that can change damage estimates on a single, high damage attack like Hiyoku by as much as 30 points or perhaps more depending on combo proration, making it a very involved algebra problem, lol.

Okay, enough of that...time to dream about OD combos some more, lol.

By the way, you can hold the button to tech. Not sure if this was confirmed earlier.

He said double Getsumei ender is gone.

Now that's a letdown, thanks for asking Jourdal.

"you can't freeze with the same move twice per string"

I was under the impression that it was like this up until now, maybe it's a mix of both same move and max freeze count?

I wonder if all the EX-specials have changed properties during OD like how Hizangeki ground bounces so we can extend the combo just a little bit. Hirensou and Tousshougeki having mid screen wall bounce would be nice, (air)Hishougeki freezes on place anyway so.

By the way, you can hold the button to tech. Not sure if this was confirmed earlier.

We knew this for a while actually lol....

I was under the impression that it was like this up until now, maybe it's a mix of both same move and max freeze count?

I'm hoping that it's not the latter, I wanna do some ridiculously long combos with a maxed out OD gauge (very low health) lol

I wonder if all the EX-specials have changed properties during OD like how Hizangeki ground bounces so we can extend the combo just a little bit. Hirensou and Tousshougeki having mid screen wall bounce would be nice, (air)Hishougeki freezes on place anyway so.

Hizangeki ground bounces in OD? I didn't know that. It's fair to assume that the other EX specials would get special properties too if that's anything to go by.

Jourdal, can you ask Ho-chan how the freeze count rules work in OD? Ask him if using the same move twice per string will not let you freeze the 2nd time you use it.

Nice

It would be pretty sweet if 214D (follow-up) and DP 2 (2nd hit) lead to a wall bounce mid-screen.

some guy did test for freeze count in od and apparently its normals can only freeze up to the 3rd time you freeze them in the combo so it counts even before you activate od and the 4th and 5th freeze can only be done by specials

But in this combo, 5C only managed to freeze once, it failed to freeze the 2nd time.

Once again, the combo is Throw (1st freeze, normal) > 214B Whiff > OD > 5C (2nd freeze, normal) > 6B (not a freezing normal) > j.214C (1st special freeze) > 66 5C (3rd supposed freeze normal, no freeze at all) > 22C (2nd special freeze) > 5C > (no longer freezes) > Touga

Now if 6B was counted as a "freezing normal" then it should have frozen the opponent as it would have been the 3rd freeze for the normals. I don't know man, that guy's theory sounds too obscure and farfetched.

Edit: Wait, I done derped. So he's saying that you can only use normals to freeze until the 3rd freeze and special freezes count towards that "normals only freeze until the 3rd" freeze? That's going to be retarded as hell if it turns out to be true lol.

I'm really hoping that the actual freeze count rule is "you can't freeze with the same move twice per string" as that's what the video points at. If that guy's theory turns out to be true, I'm gonna be pissed lol.

sorry bro :[

×throw(freeze 1)>whiff 214b>od>5c(freeze 2)>6c(freeze 3)>2d(freeze 4 but didn't freeze)

×5c>5d(freeze 1)>ex ice car(freeze 2)>followup>6c>od>6c(freeze 3)>6d(freeze 4 but didn't freeze)

○crouch hit 5b>5c>6c>2d(freeze 1)>6c>od>2d(freeze 2)>5c(freeze 3)>6b>j.214c(freeze 4)>3C>214b(freeze 5)>touga

○5b>5c>3c>od>5c(freeze 1)>6b>j.214c(freeze 2)>5c(freeze 3)>6c>sekka(freeze 4)>3c>214b(freeze 5)>touga