Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dusty

[CSE] Hazama Changes Disccusion

Disscuss Extend changes about Hazama here (RETARDED theory fighter not allowed)

Current Changes:

B drive movement followup - Can attack sooner after use

Drive movements - Time until you can attack has been reduced

6B - Knocks down on air hit. Can follow up

Gasshoukyaku (214D~B) - Added corner blowback. Horizontal range shortened. Can follow up in corner

Gasaishou (command grab) - Invincibility halfway through the move changed to throw invulnerable from startup

6C - Now either has same move proration or really big proration

Jakou - Hitstun increased (vs first loke test?)

Jayoku Houtenjin - Heat cooldown time on hit increased

Various D moves - Attack level decreased, hitstop seems to be lower

6B No longer breaks a primer.

Lvl 2 214D~A breaks a primer. (?)

Nice thread, brah.

I've actually liked the B followups and I'm glad it looks like its gotten better, but the 6C prorate...

yeah dude , ive only just gotten used to playing hazama and now the 6C has been changed which is the staple of any big hazama combo.

"Jakou - Hitstun increased (vs first loke test?)" What does this mean? , is it that the opponent is in hitstun for longer therefore im thinking that relaunch combos will be easier to hit.

yeah dude , ive only just gotten used to playing hazama and now the 6C has been changed which is the staple of any big hazama combo.

"Jakou - Hitstun increased (vs first loke test?)" What does this mean? , is it that the opponent is in hitstun for longer therefore im thinking that relaunch combos will be easier to hit.

Hope not. I don't like the idea of making this link any easier than it already is.

The link isn't incredibly easy. It's moderate offline, but online, especially with 0 connection, it's near impossible to confirm. So as much as I hate making combos easier, all we have is stupid netplay with lag.

I can do it in most 0 bars. You just have to do it X amount of frames faster in lag.

They should make it just like CS1 except it should work on everyone.

Command Grab nerf QQ

B drive buff is gdlk

drive buff in general is just good

6B can hit them in the air? how the fuck does that work with that janky hit box?

Flash Kick buff will make stylin so much better

6C WHY T_T!????????????

CHAIN ATTACK LEVEL WHY T_T!????????????

in all honesty he deserves all his nerfs, though command grab isn't too bad seeing that makes Tager's life even worse :3... so far I'm happy with these changes with the exception of 6c (which he sadly deserves <_>)

Well, the lower level on D moves might not let us do our CS2 staple combo in CSX.

The Jakou buffed hitstun could somehow help in doing a possibly reworked combo (like, idk, 6DA 4DA 623D j.6DD instead of doing j7DA as well, etc).

It's obvious arcsys doesn't want Hazama to be able to get back 50% meter from any houtenjin combo, and they also don't want us to be able to do very high dmg off hountejin/214D~C, so who knows how he will turn out.

The "better" B follow up does sound interesting; I wonder if the new properties on 6B and 214D~B will prove useful.

I really don't like the nerf to 236C.

Personally the d~b follow up is one of my favorite things about Hazama and I like that they're making it better. However I hope they don't make it too much faster, it might make it harder to use to dodge attacks. We'll see.

I hope they give us some sweet looking new combos for extend. Anyone else want a 4c? xP

The 6b knockdown on air hit is confusing and imo pointless really, how often does 6b even connect with an airborne foe? :psyduck: edit; Actually this is something I don't like because after spending some time in training mode I remember having confirmed this into an air combo before and it felt pretty good. That said it's such a situational pick up that while I would like it to stay, I don't mind it leaving.

I'm pretty upset about 236c as well, although it is a pretty OP command grab as it is... Thinking about it a bit more thoroughly, it's basically a "never get grabbed" card for Hazama...

Reduced attack level = no more 3-chain relaunch. I guess we'll see if he can 2-chain 623D > any sort of followup now.

Gasshou buff may lead to some interesting corner combos, probably something along the lines of 3C Jabaki dash 5C Gasshou, I dunno.

The rest makes sense because this character is OP as fuck.

>Doing Hazama combos in 0 connection.

Why? Hit buttons. That's what netplay is for. Don't mess up your offline timing for it.

>236C Throw invincible from startup

Hi Tager. Eat a dick.

And we need to confirm whether or not 6C is a big proration or same move. Same move would be the better one for it to be, that way we can at least do 236236B 214D~C 6C into stuff without it prorating so harshly. And as for possible relaunch, don't worry. We have 6A. Da best.

Just some stuff I got from jBBS yesterday, but Hazama can still do combos with 6D 4D j.8D in them, the difference is that after Jakou you can only do dash 3C instead of j.6DD, which is what we expected. There's a hype backthrow combo which is backthrow -> stance -> stance cancel, j.6DD. Combo with Gashokyaku in it: 2A -> 5B -> 3C -> Jabaki -> 6C -> 66 5C -> 2C -> Gashokyaku -> 5C -> 2C -> 4DD -> j.B blah blah, 2500 damage.

Hazama nerfed hard. But I remember specifically that they said j.6D was still possible only made harder. Maybe it changed from the last loketest?

Did you find extra nerfs? I think with what we know he's been handled very well, still plenty strong.

6C was the hardest nerf and probably the one that matters the most.

6C was the hardest nerf and probably the one that matters the most.

Meh, it sucks, but he wasn't nerfed hard. Other characters got the cold wrath of the nerf bat, and compared to that Hazama made out rather well. Depending on the combo there is also ways around 6C. He'll be fine. Still strong.

The 6C nerf isn't that bad, really.

Sure he can't get an extra 600 damage in his combos now, or now he has to think about what combos he wants to do after flash kick super, but I'm still wondering some things.

Other than waiting for a final change list and HQ vids, is it confirmed if he can still do his relaunch chain combo?

Like, scoop - 6C - dash up - 5C - 2C - 6D - 4D - j.4D - DP Chain - Jump - 6D - combo. Wonder if that's still possible.

The 6C nerf isn't that bad, really.

Sure he can't get an extra 600 damage in his combos now, or now he has to think about what combos he wants to do after flash kick super, but I'm still wondering some things.

Other than waiting for a final change list and HQ vids, is it confirmed if he can still do his relaunch chain combo?

Like, scoop - 6C - dash up - 5C - 2C - 6D - 4D - j.4D - DP Chain - Jump - 6D - combo. Wonder if that's still possible.

As I said, I remember someone mentioning it was still possible but harder to do. I want to see new Hazama combos now. flash kick combos look hype as hell.

They nerfed 6C... Oh well. It shouldn't be THAT bad. At least 214D~B has a better use now. I also need to see more new Hazama combos.

Also, can anybody confirm that his meter gain is slow now? Compared to BBCS2's.

Seems like corner flash kick combos get him as much meter as 6CxN so I think it's the same.

And omg flash kick Lv2 is completely unpunishable now. The blowback is insane now.