Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Solex

[CSE] Relius Clover General Discussion "Family Man Extraordinaire"

Holy fucking shit how many times are you gonna say this? We get it. You mained Eddie in GG. Get off my dick now.

Jesus fucking christ.

Sorry man...

... I feel sorry for you now

;~;

Nah it's fine, I spose' it can get annoying after a while, god knows I get annoyed at my friends for doing it. Guess i'm just pretty hype for the guy.

Manhug and make up?

Wow we got a Relius subforum already? I thought it would be like December when we got one. I might end up subbing him be cause he looks like the only halfway interesting male character in the roster.

Nah it's fine, I spose' it can get annoying after a while, god knows I get annoyed at my friends for doing it. Guess i'm just pretty hype for the guy.

Manhug and make up?

Brohug ;A;

Wow we got a Relius subforum already? I thought it would be like December when we got one. I might end up subbing him be cause he looks like the only halfway interesting male character in the roster.

So Hazama isn't? Wow you're a dick.

Well, we're going to be getting information on him and loooots of footage since he'll be in arcades this week. So instead of having people flood the entire site talking about him and posting information, it's better just to give him his own sub-forum. And one thread probably won't do it, remember when we had the Platinum thread in BlazBlue General? That thing was a MESS.

It's way easier and much more organized to just post everything Relius related in his own section, no?

Well, we're going to be getting information on him and loooots of footage since he'll be in arcades this week. So instead of having people flood the entire site talking about him and posting information, it's better just to give him his own sub-forum. And one thread probably won't do it, remember when we had the Platinum thread in BlazBlue General? That thing was a MESS.

It's way easier and much more organized to just post everything Relius related in his own section, no?

Has there been a confirmed date for the arcade release? I suppose 'end of the month' does sort of cover next week though XD

Oh yeah I remember the very first Platinum thread, that was hilarious. It was a shitstorm of random posts lol.

@Zeron: Actually Hazama is kinda interesting to me, I just don't play him. He made story mode fun to play.

This is so true. This way, we can have threads established before he actually comes out so things will be organized in time for everyone to come looking for info without making a bunch of threads that essentially would have the same purpose.

That move where Ignis appears behind the opponent and attacks them looks very useful and very annoying for the opponent.

Just don't be reckless with it since it looks like you can get punished hard for whiffing it.

Though from what we can see it should be used sparingly, it will definitely be useful, especially against zoners.

Yeah, Relius poses during most of Ignis' moves doesn't he? So if the opponent guesses your next move and dodges it Relius is a sitting duck.

I also wonder if you can RC Relius with moves that Ignis does.

You should be able to RC on Ignis' moves as long as the attack hits or is at least blocked. Also I think he only has a forced pose animation when using a special move with Ignis, since you can still move Relius during D attacks, though I bet he will have a posing animation if you remain neutral during a D attack much like Carl does.

You should be able to RC on Ignis' moves as long as the attack hits or is at least blocked. Also I think he only has a forced pose animation when using a special move with Ignis, since you can still move Relius during D attacks, though I bet he will have a posing animation if you remain neutral during a D attack much like Carl does.

I'm not quite sure about this, in some of the videos where he's doing stuff like 5B > 5C > 2D > Dash > 5B > 5C > 2D it looks like he's stuck until she's started the move, like they're gatlings instead 2-in-1's.

I'm not quite sure about this, in some of the videos where he's doing stuff like 5B > 5C > 2D > Dash > 5B > 5C > 2D it looks like he's stuck until she's started the move, like they're gatlings instead 2-in-1's.

It must be a very short animation, since it allows him to keep pressure. He doesn't seem to have any negative edging anyway, so that would make what you said true for sure if that's the case, at least with what we know now.

I see a lot of people complaining about this thread/forum being made too early. To those who believe that I say this;

If this thread/forum wasn't created. Then you would have a bunch of threads in BB general like "I think Relius is cool", "Relius' 5d has a lot of range, so he'll be top tier", or "Who will be playing carl still when Relius becomes playable?". And in those threads you'll have a bunch of asinine posts that make you facepalm irl.

So it's better this thread is created now, so that these posts can go here and they will then most liekly never see the light of day. And by so doing, will not cause dustloop members like myself from losing hope in humanity.:)

With that said, that massive mechanical fist (5/6c?) looks like it has a HUUUGE hitbox. Might be good normal, I believe that's his AA isn't it?

EDIT: Good job toasty as being a pseudo-mod.

I just noticed something in this vid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8y-nFM9zWoc&t=1m13s

It looks like you can input an attack for Ignis while Relius is attacking after all, as it looks like 5D comes out in between 5C and 2C without Relius having to do any sort of animation.

Ah, very nice, looks like we'll be getting our unblockables after all.

I'm going to go through all the footage later and post what I find. (If I find anything at all) Hopefully there'll be something new.

lol i leave this thread and a day later we are still talking about the same damn unblockables wow just wow

but im pretty sure some moves of relius's have him in a "stance" or something for a while. according to the info post they say val lyra can be baited by the opponent. you can see what im talking about in the vid toasty posted again @ like 3:00. im pretty sure how its gonna work is command moves(fireballs, etc, etc) with the doll will have the "stance" time while just pressing d and a direction will not have "stance" time

EDIT: Good job toasty as being a pseudo-mod.

toasty bro do it we need a mod, u should volunteer

lol i leave this thread and a day later we are still talking about the same damn unblockables wow just wow

but im pretty sure some moves of relius's have him in a "stance" or something for a while. according to the info post they say val lyra can be baited by the opponent. you can see what im talking about in the vid toasty posted again @ like 3:00. im pretty sure how its gonna work is command moves(fireballs, etc, etc) with the doll will have the "stance" time while just pressing d and a direction will not have "stance" time

toasty bro do it we need a mod, u should volunteer

Yeah, his specials that use Ignis do lock him in an animation like you said, while his D normals don't. I think it makes sense to give Relius animations on his specials that use Ignis anyway since some of them summon Ignis if she's not already out.

Also I'd be more than happy to be mod if you guys don't mind.

cool we got a potential mod :D

but ya it makes complete sense he would have stoopid unblocks that i would be in love with if he didnt have an animation lol sadly the chance of unblocks dropped pretty damn low now since none of his regular d attacks seem to hit high or low

also has anyone thought of what oki opportunities relius will have i was thinking of val tus(the dance that has retard proration) and val lyra where she teleports behind them and attacks but idk if that would be a good idea considering the animation of relius during the startup of these moves any other ideas?