Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Solex

[CSE] Relius Clover Technical Discussion

Here they are:

#1) 2A -> 5B -> 3C -> 5D -856

#2) 2A -> 2B -> 5B -> 236C -> 214A ~1.1K

#3) 2A -> 5B -> 5C(2) -> 2D -> dash -> 6B -> 5C -> jB -> JC -> jB -> jC -> j236C -> j214B ~2.3k

#4) 2A -> 5B -> 3C -> 6D -> IAD -> jB -> jC -> 8D -> land -> sjB -> JC -> jB -> jC -> j236C -> j214B ~2.5k

#5) 2A -> 6B -> 5C -> 6B -> j236C -> j214B -> airdash -> jA -> jB -> 2C -> 236C -> 214A ~2.6k

#6) (corner) (CH) 2Ax3 -> 5B -> 236C -> 214A -> 5C(2) -> jB -> jC -> j236C -> j214A ~2k

#7) (near corner) falling jC -> 2A -> 5B -> 236C -> 214A -> dash -> 2B -> 2C -> 6C -> 4D -> 3C -> jD ~3k

#8) (corner) 2Ax2 -> 5B -> 236C -> 214A -> dash -> 6B -> j236C -> 2C -> 6C -> 4D -> 3C -> jD ~2.5k

#9) (near corner) 2A -> 5B -> 3C -> 5D -> IAD -> jB -> jC -> j236C -> 4D -> 236C -> 214A -> 3C -> jD ~2.5k

#10) (CH) 6A -> 236C -> 214A ~1.7k

#11) (CH) 6A -> 2D -> 6B -> 5C(2) -> jB -> jC -> 8D -> j236C -> j214B ~2.8k

#12) (corner) 5B -> 2B -> 236C -> 214A -> dash -> 5C(2) -> jB -> jC -> j236C -> j214A -> falling jC -> 632146D ~4k+ (FINISH blocked most of the numbers)

#13) (corner) throw -> 236C -> 214A -> dash -> 5C(2) -> jB -> jC -> j236C -> j214A -> falling jC -> 2C -> 4D -> 3C -> jD ~3.5k

#14) (in corner) back-throw -> 236C -> 214A -> dash -> 5C(2) -> jB -> jC -> j236C -> j214A -> falling jC -> 2C -> 4D -> 3C -> 632146C -> 5C(2) -> 6C -> 632146D ~5k

#15) (in corner) back-throw -> 236C -> 214A -> dash -> 6C -> 214A -> 5C(1) -> jB -> jC -> 8D -> JC -> jC -> j236C -> j214B -> 5C(1) -> 2C -> 4D -> 2C -> 632146D ~5.1k

#16) (corner) 2A -> 5B -> 3C -> 236C -> 214A -> dash -> 6B -> j236C -> 2C -> 6C -> 4D -> 3C -> jD ~2.9k

#17) (corner, followup to #16) airdash -> jB -> jC -> 5B -> 2C -> 236C -> 214A -> 6C -> 214A -> 5C(1) -> jB -> jC -> 8D -> JC -> jC -> j236C -> j214B -> 5C(1) -> 2C -> 4D -> 2C -> 632146D ~5.7k

#18) (CH) 2Ax2 -> 5B -> 3C -> 214214D ~KO

#19) (corner) back-throw -> 214214D ~KO

#20) (corner) throw -> 214214D ~KO

If anyone finds any mistakes, please let me know.

ok so first off i just wanna give Toasty my soul for doing that

but i totally forgot to mention in this thread before that i was talking to urichan(i think its spelled that way?) and he was saying that he would be ok with doing the combo thread and that i should make this thread into his character walk through and i am ok with this cause i know urichan would put great detail into the combo thread as he has experience doing it before the only problem is that he doesnt wanna make it until we have our hands on the game :( so i guess ill keep this thread updated with combos but dont expect much as uri will have the much better combo thread in the near future.

EDIT: also #12 says 2b>2b i was thinking this was supposed to be 5b>2b

EDIT: also #12 says 2b>2b i was thinking this was supposed to be 5b>2b

I fixed that now. Thanks for pointing it out.

Also since we're talking about rearranging threads in here now, I think a Q&A thread would be really helpful, but only either after console release or right before it. I can make it unless someone else wants to, but all the first post would need would be an explanation on how to post and answer questions (bold, quoted, etc.) and maybe a list of FAQ's once once we've had some time with the game.

Agreed on that Toasty, the threads we should be looking at in the long run are:

General Discussion

Video Index and Discussion

Combo Guide and Discussion

Technical Guide and Tutorial

F.A.Q.

Which is pretty much the same thing every section has, so we'll be good.

Finally Completed Relius's Missions. Here's the notations:

Mission #01: Specials

Mission #02: Distortion Drive and Astral Heat

Mission #03:

5B > 5C(2) > 236C > 214A (Will be noted as #IdHaas in the future) 2102 DMG

This is a simple combo for easy damage. 5C(1) also works in this combo but for the sake of the challenge use 5C(2).

Mission #04:

5B+C > #IdHaas 2067 DMG

Mission #05:

(Ignis Activated) 5B > 6D > (66)2A > 5B > 6D > (66)2A > 5B > 6D 1837 DMG

(Note: Dash Cancels aren't noted in the combo, but it's impossible to do without them - even in the corner.)

The main thing to take away from this combo is learning how to use 6D within combos to get in range of your opponent to do more damage by dashing in. This is also effective when you want to pressure your opponent. 6D doesn't take much meter from Ignis's gauge so it's an abusable move.

Mission #06:

2A > 6B > jB > JC > jB > jC > 236C > 214B (Will be noted as #IdNaiads in the future) 1883 DMG

This mission is an introduction to air combos with Relius.

Mission #07:

(Ignis Activated) 5B+C > 2D(2) > 6B > jB > JC > jC > #IdNaiads 2759 DMG

This lets you know that you can actually use Ignis's normals with your throw to do some pretty sweet combos for good damage. The timing for this move is a little strict - but you want to input the move right before Relius slams the opponent down on the ground to get the two hits and have Ignis pull the opponent back towards you. jB > JC > jB > jC also works with this combo so feel free to use it. If you want your combo to be more accurate - especially for connecting jC, super jump.

Mission #08:

2C(FC) > 5D > 66 > 6B > jC > j8D > jC > #IdNaiads 2951 DMG

Relius's 2C is a pretty good anti-air and can also hit with a devastating Fatal Counter. This combo's pretty simple though so it does a little less than 3k damage. I recommend doing a super jump for accuracy. In this combo I'm pretty sure it's needed - jC's kind of hard to hit with without it.

Mission #09:

(Ignis Activated) 5B > 6D > 66 > 5B > 5C(2) > 6D > 66 > 5B > 3C(jump cancel)> 2D(2) > (land)6B > jB > #IdNaiads > Air Dash 3156 DMG

This is a pretty tricky combo that utilizes what you learned in the previous missions for using Ignis in tandem with your normals. For some odd reason they included the dash cancels in this combo unlike one of the earlier combos that needed them. In any case, what you need to know is that if you're ever going to use normals in tandem with Ignis, you need to be up on your dash cancels! This combo carries to the corner so the Air Dash at the end is essential for chasing them.

Another note is that the jump cancel after 3C isn't noted in the combo, but in the demonstration they use it to make 6B connect easier.

Mission #10:

(Ignis Activated) 2D(2) > IAD > jB > jC > (land)5B > 5C(2) > 66 > 6D > 5B > 3C > jC > #IdHaas > Air Dash 3295 DMG

This mission kicks up the difficulty level as you have to take to the air from 6D instead of 2D - which is considerably harder. This combo carries to the corner, so Air Dash at the end gives chase.

Mission #11:

(Corner) 6A > #IdHaas > 2C > 6C > 214A(Val Lanto) > 5C(2) > jC > j8D > jC > #IdNaiads 4433 DMG

What, you thought the missions ended there? In Extend there are 15 total missions. This combo utilizes overheads in the corner and can net you some massive damage. As always, for more accuracy with your jC use a super jump.

Mission #12:

5B+C > #IdHaas > 6C > 214A > jC > #IdHaas > (falling)jC > (land)2C > 4D > 3C > jD 3795 DMG

This is a corner combo coming off of a grab. The jD is used to put Ignis back since this combo may use up a lot of gauge. It also puts you in an okizeme position where you can mixup with your aerial moves.

Mission #13:

2B > 3B > #IdHaas > 2C > 6C > 4D > jC > #IdHaas > (falling)jC > (land)2C > 4D > 632146C(Req Vinum) 3950 DMG

This combo introduces Distortions as combo enders. In all honesty I'd rather use 632146D(Vol Tedo), but it's a mission so meh. (falling)jC > (land)2C is going to be a very important part in quite a bit of your stronger combos, so you would do best to learn them. Alternatively, 5C(2) also works if you don't want to use 2C. It's a bit easier to get because you can just mash out the 5C.

Mission #14:

2C(FC) > 6C > #IdHaas > 5C(2) > 214A(Val Lanto) > 5C(2) > 4D > jC > j8D > jC > #IdNaiads > 5C(2) > 632146C(Req Vinum) 5061 DMG

A pretty simple Fatal Counter combo. Make sure you time the Distortion well by buffering it while you're hitting with 5C or else it will whiff entirely.

Mission #15:

(50 Heat Required) 214C(Val Tus) > 5C(2) > #IdHaas > 6C > 214A(Val Lanto) > 5C(2) > 4D > 5C(2) > 6B > jC > j8D > jC > #IdNaiads > 5C(2) > 632146C(Req Vinum) > 5C > 632146D(Vol Tedo) 7689 DMG

The final mission for Relius. This requires 50 Heat to perform. Hits off of Val Tus = MASSIVE DAMAGE. I'd even dare say it has more damage potential than any Fatal Counter Relius could hit you with. All you need to do is be careful with buffering your Distortions properly and you should be able to complete this mission just fine.

And there you have it. Relius's 15 Missions in BlazBlue Continuum Shift Extend.

Relius isn't that bad to play. Definitely useless without the doll though. If you have the doll it's pretty easy to hitconfirm anything into somewhat decent damage.

EDIT: Unless you're in the corner. Dat 236C

Yo, gents.

There a JP wiki being made with framedata, or anything?

Two wiki's out. So far only seen combos, normal p1/p2 data, exc. I'm not going to trust any frame data some random puts on a wiki. Best to wait for the mook to come out.

If anyone can give me some procedures to test for framedata, I could do some.

Of course, you probably wouldn't trust my results either, but hey.

Also, can you link me to those wikis?

has anyone seen the combo video with relius where he shows off alot of really cool corner swap combos involving a backwards j.236c attack i cant seem to find it

I think I have. I might have it saved on my hdd with all the other nico relius videos. Ill check when I get out of work later.

Just tossing this here in case anyone finds it useful.

For the 6D IAD combo (xx>3C>6D>IAD j.bc8d>stuff), the doll 6D should be input as part of your IAD. So the combo's actual input looks more like xx>3C>9D6 j.bc8d>stuff.

Also, it's really spacing-specific. Too close, and the IAD just goes past them.

Damn I want to see frame and hitbox data. Was playing around with IAD jB>jC>6B>AirBnB. Some characters have to hit at just the right sweet spot to allow the 6B follow up. Some it's just a pain in the ass to get the jC out cause of their height. Tager as always can get some added easy hits on easy. :/

Wasn't trying to use Ignis for a short Air-To-Ground starter. j8D wont allow a extra jump after IAD.

j.8D has enough hitstun for you to land and rejump, so it'd be IAD j.BC8D land sjc j.b j.bc #IdHaas

I understand not wanting to use Ignis meter, though.

Hmmm wouldnt j6D be more universal to make sure it connects on all characters? Thanks for the idea with landing. Ill work on that tonight when I get home. :3