Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

shtkn

[CSE] Jin Changelog

No 2c>5c really does make me sad

and "bang being a tough match up" great just great i already hate bang as he is

everything makes decent sense but is still sad to see go like j.c attack level

ice wave being damage practical sounds lol i guess if we want damage now we have to sacrifice oki for it which is kinda cool

Man, the 6C nerf is worse than I thought. There goes our combos on crouching opponents :/

Man people jumping the gun so quick..of course if they keep trying to do old shit that doesn't work he's going to look bad. I'll wait till he's in the players hands for more than 2 days and just accept the fact that we're only easy mode autopilot in odd number games. No offense to inuo but he isnt exactly poster boy jin and he was playing dora and a very solid hazama.

Inuwo Jin VS Dora/Oracle

www.youtube.com/watch?v=FB_8rpVCKxs#t=2m36s

Inuwo Jin VS Dora

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSTAUVef2gc#t=2m39s

I'm with Jourdal, I'm sure they'll come up with some new stuff as time goes by.

I am gonna miss 2C>5C though = /

2C>5C will definitely be missed....as will the old 6C but we either get used to it, drop the game or switch to ragna like yutta did lololololyouwillnotbemissed.

Um..i thought CH jC>2D didnt work...i just saw tetsu do it :V

Really? I was pretty skeptical about that change too like it should work and they wouldn't take it out. But before I jump the gun, it was a red beat wasn't it? If so, then that does put some of my worries about CSX Jin at ease.

It was red beat, don't worry they're uploaded, gonna edit this post with them later then upload the video thread.

Tetsu won the whole singles event btw.

ren vs fumo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPT4Hfm3c44#t=6m42s

ren vs sakaomoto ryoma, ren vs naoo at 5:50

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USIvG0OmMew

tetsu vs ren, tetsu vs yoshiki right after

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-QCcu2GbGDI#t=3m58s

is it just me or does the first hit of 214B/C knock the opponent back further in this game? that'd be great if it applied to j.214B/C cuz i'm sick of getting myself cornered after air ice car haha.

edit: yes, it looks like you won't be accidentally crossing up with air ice cars!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USIvG0OmMew&feature=feedu

Glad to see Jin is actually still pretty decent.

I was a bit demoralized looking at the changes by itself.

It might just be on aerial CH though and I'm betting my chips that it is.

I've yet to see anyone attempt that stuff > 6C > DC > IAD > j.C > j.2C > 5C > stuff combo.

Is it me or does 6A seem slightly slower? It might just be my imagination and I'm hoping that it is.

Crossing up with j.214B/C was a bit of a double-edged sword. You could put yourself in the corner or do the same to your opponent. Back in the day you just timed your Ice Car C after j.D and if you hit the opponent as soon as possible while he's above you then you'll trade spots, if you time it and hit him at the last possible moment then you'll keep your spot lol.

Were we always able to pickup CH 623C with 5C midscreen in CS2?

Looks like we can now, if we already could then herp derp go me for not knowing.

Yeah we could, 623C CH > dashing 5C > stuff, it was a relatively tight link though so you usually saw people just go for dashing 5B > stuff.

Tetsu is pretty much the only jin i see who does it lol, everyone for the most part, even the JP jins opt for 5B, though i see some US jins RC the DP and do the 5C follow up.

I find the 5c(lol i drop alot tho) link combo easier to do, since i can't get used to 5b>hjA :(

edit; anyway is it just me or ground 236 comes out slightly faster as well?

you dont have to high jump lol. And they seemed a bit faster to me but...it could be my eyes playing tricks on me..since 2D doesnt seem that much slower to me either lol.

2d looks slower to me, and wait you don't? D: though yeah i'm always lost when i try that combo(what i do next? isit time to icecarzz yet? lol)

tbh i keep it simple, and just do jC>jD>ice car tbh. Anyways yeah it looks slower but not the way i was thinking when i read the changelog lol. I'm just playing the waiting game...i just watched an early tetsu cs1/cs2 match and then a recent one and shit was radically different lol. Remember how jin matches were before dennou did the D DP loop and everyone followed that?

Remember how jin matches were before dennou did the D DP loop and everyone followed that?

I actually rarely used the DP D loop until later on into the game and even then I didn't use it that much. I used my meter for j.236D shenanigans and 236D resets lol.

For the DP C CH combo I do...

DP C CH > dashing 5B > sj.A > j.2C > j.D > dashing 5B > 5C > 3C > 214C. Sometimes I do j.D > AD > j.D cross-up if I'm feeling gimmicky or if that's the only way I can win the match lol.

These changes are unlike the ones going from CT to CS and from CS to CSII. Those were welcome additions even though the changes dropped Jin down a tier and raised him back up on the next game. I love what they did to him on CS and I eventually adapted to his CSII self but these new changes are lame as hell. I'm going to remain salty until I see that stuff > 6C > DC > IAD > j.C > j.2C > 5C > stuff combo in action.