Sign in to follow this  
KayEff

[CSE] Ragna Gameplay Discussion

So what's the deal with people using 5dd after 6c for midscreen combos now? Does 5d > dead spike > dash 5c not work anymore?

On the plus side, 5b > 5c > 2d rapid ect does like, 5k in the corner, damn.

Edited by JETROCKETSKATES

Well 6B -down- > 214D > Dash 5C is essentially the same as the current 2D> rapid > 5C > > 5D(1) > 214D > Dash 5C, but that's hard enough to connect mid screen as is. I don't think 6B -down- > 214D > Dash 5C would've been very practical midscreen.

Near the corner though, it should be fine.

Edited by -Seo

You could always try to see how difficult it is by setting the dummy to not emergency tech so you can try 6B stuff.

Did anyone else notice GH hitting crouchers when close to the corner?

EDIT: Also, why are people not doing 6B>5C(JC)>stuff midscreen?

Edited by MashThat5A

j.D buff:

・JDch時、相手が高めに浮くようになった

Not really sure how to translate this. Longer untech time on counter hit j.D?

Also, Tsuika (along with Keri Age) no longer break guard primers.

Edited by -Seo

j.D buff:

・JDch時、相手が高めに浮くようになった

Not really sure how to translate this. Longer untech time on counter hit j.D?

Also, Tsuika (along with Keri Age) no longer break guard primers.

Opponent floats high on jD counterhit. Since they're floating higher I guess longer untech time is implied too? Would be bad otherwise >w>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tv_reEXdn7s&t=10m1s

Footage of knocking down with 6B after 6C. It does work, but it MIGHT be character specific if people were missing it before (it's done on Makoto in this match). Don't know if anyone else has already seen this.

On the primer breaking note, I'm sad we lost Tsuika and Keri Age, but we still have D Divider for surprise guard breaks, so all is well~

Whenever you get a chance KayEff, be sure to add the loss of primer breaking to the first post.

Edited by LuminAbyss

I'm watching all the vids jourdal and pktzan upload and the only time I saw 6b wiff after 6c was in the corner, which is normal and happens in cs2 as well. You need to take a small step back for it to connect.

or you can do 6C dash cancel 6D jc j.D j.214C, and THEN do 6B

i'm kinda sure 6B works off of belial edge untechable (without any hitstun reduction) at least

or you can do 6C dash cancel 6D jc j.D j.214C, and THEN do 6B

i'm kinda sure 6B works off of belial edge untechable (without any hitstun reduction) at least

It does, I've also seen that in a video. Might work of Deadspike too, though I'm not sure. But that would really help with adding damage to our corner combos. For midscreen combos, using the 6B air hit after 6C (say, in a crouching combo like in the video) would help increase the damage.

Either way, I love this change so much.

i wonder if 6B has enough hitstun in where you can wait after 6B's recovery and then use 5C

it'd be great for burst bait setups

There are better/reliable stuff around.. The timing was weird anyway, we're better of with 6C 6B

Hell no, imo DS combos look so cool. When BBCSEX releases, I'm gonna fund a research team to try and discover a way DS to work midscreen again (i.e. just me)

Never bothered with them till a month ago, found out i like them and they're stylish...only for them to be taken out. 6B midscreen combos are a stylish alternative though.

Sign in to follow this