Sign in to follow this  
KayEff

[CSE] Ragna Gameplay Discussion

Everything Ragna does is stylish.

I'm liking the idea of using the 6B knock down to burst bait. Sounds incredibly evil :kitty:

My guess is it downs something like 2D on normal hit, but you just have the 5C gatling.

His overrall damage seems much better too.

Now, HONEST, will Ragna be Top/Upper/Above mid tier? I know the answer, but let's hear what you gais think...

He's going to be above mid-tier. If we have a tier list of A+, A, and B, he's going to be mid A.

wishful thinking there my friend

It's mid tier. He has better abare this time around, and keeps good corner damage. Still has good footsie game. Still has good pressure. Mix-up is still weak, but that's nothing new.

He's completely average. Worse than the best and better than the worst. Besides, the game seems more balanced than CS2 was, thanks to the lack of huge midscreen damage (hell, Ragna can get 4k midscreen now off a crouching confirm.)

I'm not worried about him at all. Besides, I don't know if this is the thread to talk about it. Let's just stick to the changes and such.

at this point in time it's really unwise to declare someone top tier without some discrete evidence. ragna's pretty much the same as the last game, and he ended up being low tier. there's a good chance that he may end up in that spot again, as everyone could still be figuring things out with different characters.

of course ragna could end up being high mid tier. he could even end up being top tier. but right now it's probably not a good idea to say that he's good as of yet, what with still existent evidence to go against that (still shitty mixup and still shitty pressure, only buff was his damage which wasn't even bad in CS2)

Yo with my view, no where to go but up. I'm still convinced he was the worst character in CS2.

Tager is, of course, not a real character

Gotta agree with Kay. None of our tools have changed. Damage means nothing if we can't land any of it.

Whatever, I'm just glad he stayed mostly the same, I liked CS2 Ragna a lot.

Is there any news on when a mook might come out, like with CS2? I'd love to get some frame data pff.

there's no word on when the mook will be released (or even if there is one, but it's unlikely)

though once i do get word of the mook i will get to translating

j.C j.D dash 5B 5C 6C (DC) 6B 5C 5D(1) 214D 5C (HJC) j.C j.D j.214C 5D 623C~Wallbound reverse dash 3C 22C.

Damage: 4878 Heat: ~55

Guys, these are CS1 numbers.

!

did 6D's P2 get nerfed or something? i'm wondering why no one uses it anymore

They might just be abusing 6B after 6C right now. Keep in mind, we didn't use 6D in corner combos right away in CS2 either.

but the thing is, we know about 6D now, so there's no reason not to use it if it's the same thing

It might just be the mentality to explore options and the new things he has. Though I do hope nothing happened to it's P2, it's P1 already got nerfed.

I've seen a few people use it.

I know I saw someone do 6D > BE instead of the usual 6D > J.C > BE. Don't think you could that in CS2.

You could, but it was hilariously hard to time right. Like, Not-worth-it tier. I did it on accident a few times.

I think its cuz now we don't really have a reason to anymore. since we allegedly can't 5d(1),DS, 5c anymore thanks to DS's increased knockback and that HF RC, 6c DC, 6b, 5d>stuff does more and prorates better than HF RC, 6d jd(w), 5b, 5d > stuff.

Edit- im also thinkin cuz of the 22c nerf cuz from my experience the only time i went the 6c,6d JC, Jc, BE> route is when i wanted to 22c dash 5a and now its impossible unless FC and there should be better options

Edited by GrandF'inStyle
to add shet

Ragna was B-tier throughout CS2. I don't believe that qualifies him as low.

As far as his rank in Extend, it will, as always, be dependent on matchups. Ragna can have terrible mixup and no good pressure, but if matchups work out such that everyone loses to 5B-5C into 4k combo, then he'll be a good character. And we don't know all the changes yet. Honestly, people shouldn't even be thinking about where he'll sit in the rankings, they should just be focused on what's new with the character.

ragna in CS2 is right next to bang and tager, who are the two lowest of the tier list

B tier may not be bad in itself per se, but in the context of everyone he's so far down the list it's safe to say he's low tier

(still shitty mixup and still shitty pressure, only buff was his damage which wasn't even bad in CS2)

That's an illusion. In CS2 he needed to hit more frequently, whereas now, thanks to the overrall damage/oki buff, Ragna can finish a match quickly if your opponent guesses wrong consecutively.

That's an illusion. In CS2 he needed to hit more frequently, whereas now, thanks to the overrall damage/oki buff, Ragna can finish a match quickly if your opponent guesses wrong consecutively.

Problem is, there's not all that much to guess about when against Ragna.

Sign in to follow this