Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

XDest

[CSE] Taokaka Combo Thread

2A will not combo into 6A, maybe against crouching characters.

2A->5B->6A against crouching probably works, but in that case it would be better to:

2A->5B->6A (1hit)->5D~6->j.2D~B->JC->j.B->j.D~A->6C->*oki finisher if you are close to the coner*

I think you can do the Cat2 after the JC or j.B and then bowling ball, but I'm not sure.

So is this the list of characters you can do 5C->JC->j.B on?

Arakune, Litchi, Hakumen, Bang, Valkenhayn, Tager? I've only got CS2 on me, so I can't test Relius.

The only characters that the JC->j.B->j.2B doesn't work are Noel, Carl, Platinum and Lambda. The Tao jbbs says you need to delay something vs. Jin, Tsubaki, Hazama, Ragna, Mu-12, Rachel and Makoto...but I have no idea what it is.

EDIT: Oh yeah, I forgot to say, but Tsujikawa found a way to combo a j.D~A CH into AB2 or 6C->4D~A. It seems that hitting a opponent with a j.D~A CH makes them hit the wall faster and fall for more time than j.D~B CH. He did the combo while he was streamimg himself in training mode, but I forgot how the combo is exactly.

@Rin: there's something I would like to know if you can test...does 2B->6A still work?

KM: I'll let you know in about 24 hours. I'll go through her move set thoroughly and see how she works. I'm super hype about the 2b 5b link, but I'm not too happy about crouch-confirming combos like Jin now. But I gotta learn sometime.

Btw, I did try to to do the 5b 5c JC j.b j.2b combo on Rachel when I played one match at SCR, it seems like it doesn't work because it whiffed if I did it normally, and it drops if I delay it. I'll give it another go when I go to training mode though.

KM: I'll let you know in about 24 hours. I'll go through her move set thoroughly and see how she works. I'm super hype about the 2b 5b link, but I'm not too happy about crouch-confirming combos like Jin now. But I gotta learn sometime.

Btw, I did try to to do the 5b 5c JC j.b j.2b combo on Rachel when I played one match at SCR, it seems like it doesn't work because it whiffed if I did it normally, and it drops if I delay it. I'll give it another go when I go to training mode though.

This is something anyone can test in CS2, the combo works fine there too. In my experience, I can only get those 6 characters to work.

I really wonder what the secret behind that delay is, I haven't got it once.

It's a very awkward jump cancel timing. don't really know how to explain it as i've only hit it very very few times. i know for sure it is possible on ragna though. also, you can only cancel 2B -> 5B or vice versa once per string it seems

Hm, I wonder what the best substitute is then for all those characters. Because I don't think I'm getting that timing any time soon.

i'm currently getting absolutely terrible damage midscreen and have resorted back to CS2 combos for now. i can only play the game at a friend's house right now, but once US version is released, i'll be grinding those new combos

Ugh, today is a federal holiday, so no BBCSE for me. Tommorow morning I can start confirming any specific things for you guys.

I'm guessing its high corner push now for Tao, so I'm guessing your midscreen BnB if the JC combo is possible is

5b 5c JC j.b j.2b j.c 6a(1hit) 5d~6 j.5d~a 6c (4d if corner hit, 214d if not quite)

Mystic perhaps try hit confirming 2B into 6A as well as J.c into 6A you should be able to break 3k even with a basic combo.

Rin check to see if j.4D-A still combos into 5B as I'm curious to see how much damage that starter can get.

The 5b 5c JC combo only work on Litchi, Hakumen, Tager, Relius, Bang, Arakune, Valkenhayn and will NOT connect on any other characters, so don't try it.

2B into 6A can't connect unless 2B is a CH or opponent is crouching. J.c into 6a is possible on CH or on Crouching character but on standing char you will need to hit j.C quite close and do a 6a right away or hit it as low as possible and dash into 6a

2B into 6A can't connect unless 2B is a CH or opponent is crouching. J.c into 6a is possible on CH or on Crouching character but on standing char you will need to hit j.C quite close and do a 6a right away or hit it as low as possible and dash into 6a

Pretty much what he said.

Btw, maybe I'm just an idiot, but did Tao have a 6a(1hit) to 6b link in CS2? Because I'm able to do 2b 6a(1hit) 6b blockstring. Or maybe I just didn't try new things in cs2 =w= either way, its a great mixup option now.

Mystic, this is your midscreen BnB. It'll take them out of the screen

6a -> JC -> j.8d~a -> jump -> j.c -> j.9d~a -> 2d~5 -> j.9d~9 -> j.2d~c -> j.c -> 5d~6 -> j.c -> 9d~9 -> 2d~6 -> cat2 (3140)

On top of that, if you have a 5b (CH/crouching) starter, its nets 3.6. j.c starter nets around 3.8 for the same combo. A lot more for hitconfirming right.

EDIT: Nio- I'm not too sure what you're asking, you mean if he's standing and you do 4d~a? There's so much landing recovery off of it that it'll only barely hit 5b after only on counterhit.

Also, everyone should start drilling 6a(1hit) 5d~6 j.5d~a land 6c, because the timing between j.5d~a and land 6c is really tight for her BnB now.

The jist of it is that you have to A cancel the j.5d as fast as possible, and hit 6c with perfect timing with no mashing, or else you'll slightly charge the 6c and you'll lose frames for you to hit the combo.

The 5b 5c JC combo only work on Litchi, Hakumen, Tager, Relius, Bang, Arakune, Valkenhayn and will NOT connect on any other characters, so don't try it.

According to the Tao CSE combo movie and Tao jbbs,the only characters that the combo doesn't work no matter what you do is Noel, Carl, Platinum and Lambda. The problem is that the timing against the other characters is damn annoying and I don't know if pratical at all.

Weighing in on the loop and using BBCS2 for the 3ds, I've been able to get the ... -> delayed 9JC -> j.b(1) -> etc. to land on Hazama, Jin, Mu-12, Rachel, and Tsubaki at the least, though, as Riku said, the timing may not be practical (at least not for BBCS2; j.b's hitbox is increased for BBCSEX, right?). I wasn't able to get it to land on Ragna, Makoto, or Tao, though.

The delay is on the jump cancel right after the 5c, where the tip of j.b's hitbox has to be in time with the opponent nearly recovering from 5c's recoil (as that generally bends them over backwards - so being almost-recovered puts their hitbox at the highest). To get an idea of this, you can try standing next to Valk and starting the loop with a dash-less 5b -> 5c -> etc., though I'm not sure if this is easier or more difficult than attempting the loop on any of the aforementioned characters in question...

Two last notes and something interesting:

1.) The loop works much easier on Jin, Mu-12, and Tsubaki if you omit the 5c

(dash ->) 5b -> 9JC -> j.b(1) -> j.2b -> j.c -> etc.

2.) 5b straight to 9JC -> j.b(1) probably works for anyone the loop's capable of working on if you forget to dash

In regards to CS2: Arakune, Bang, Hakumen, Litchi, Tager, Valkenhayn (+ those people up in the previous point)

Not applicable for CSX due to changes with 5b/6a

Something Interesting.) An immediate 5b -> 5c has Carl still bending forward when recovering, whereas a slight delay before the 5c (or possibly a very light charge? Help me out here, I'm not the best at determining these things) has Carl bending backwards when recovering (both are red combos though).

----

Help me out with terms please?

Hitbox, hurtbox(?), any other terms you see me use incorrectly

According to the Tao CSE combo movie and Tao jbbs,the only characters that the combo doesn't work no matter what you do is Noel, Carl, Platinum and Lambda. The problem is that the timing against the other characters is damn annoying and I don't know if pratical at all.

I wonder if it's really possible with other char but considering i try it out for quite a while and it won't connect so probably won't bother with it.

@Helpmelearn : In Cs2, ommitting 5C will make it connect on those 3 char unless 5B is a CH, however, in CSEX they change something and thus 5B->j.b will only connect if 5B is a CH, so it's pretty messed up.

I discovered something quite annoying , i wonder if it just me but is 4B+C -> 22C -> 5d~5 -> j.D~A -> 6C isn't possible against Arakune? As no matter what i try the 6C won't comeout, unless i do a 5D~6 instead which result in a whiff 4D in the corner thus i have to change the combo straight to 236C . Can someone please confirm this ?

Rin I said j.4D-A...... in cs2 you can combo j.4D-A into dash 5B without counter hit so I'm wondering if it's still possible. Plus how muh damage can you get off that starter now.

Also I know you can do combos with other characters so can you compare the level of strict timing of Taos A cancel into 6C to something else. For example valk wolf,unwolf 2C tight etc etc.

What Riku said. I haven't tried it on most of the cast since I've only played for about 4 hours, but I guarantee it works on Ragna because I've done it.

Mystic, this is your midscreen BnB. It'll take them out of the screen

*Combo*

I can do this, and use it when I hit a 6A AA or something like that, but because 5B-> 6A doesn't work anymore, most of the time I have to do something like 5B -> 3C -> bowling ball or 5B -> 5C -> 3C (2 hits) -> 236A (x ?) -> 5D~x. Both of which have terrible damage.

Edit: I also have no clue how to multiquote in one post without using too much effort of copying and pasting :kitty:

Rin I said j.4D-A...... in cs2 you can combo j.4D-A into dash 5B without counter hit so I'm wondering if it's still possible. Plus how muh damage can you get off that starter now
Oh whoops sorry xD I always j.4d~c -> j.c as a habit because it'll autopilot into pressure or damage, but I'll check on that in a couple hours.

I can do this, and use it when I hit a 6A AA or something like that, but because 5B-> 6A doesn't work anymore, most of the time I have to do something like 5B -> 3C -> bowling ball or 5B -> 5C -> 3C (2 hits) -> 236A (x ?) -> 5D~x. Both of which have terrible damage.

Edit: I also have no clue how to multiquote in one post without using too much effort of copying and pasting :kitty:

Yeah, you're still gonna have to do those crappy combos though, its hard to hit confirm a raw 6a every single time. Basically now, you hit that 5b 5c 236aa whatever shenanigans on the ground, but in that time you're hitting him, you should watch if you have crouch-confirmed that combo, and always end in 6c to push him far. So instead of 236aa 5d~a/b/c whatever mixup, you hitconfirm it into eg. 5b 2b 5c 2c 6c on crouch, or 5b 2b 5c 236a 5d~? whatever on standing stuff.

Btw, you HAVE to get rid of the 5b 3c habit. I'm still doing it and its doing more harm than good, because the only thing you can do after is bowling ball, and since bowling ball is faster, and the 3c tech is faster, it doesn't oki setup as well. Its only valuable in the corner now, so its has to be a backburner combo.

Also, you multiquote by checking the the little notation next to "reply with quote" and then you +reply to thread :kitty:

I figured out the delay required for the triangle jump combo for vs characters like Ragna.

Delay the jump cancel as long as possible after 5C. Also the timing for jB after the jump cancel needs to be much tighter than on other characters, to get a feel of it just practice some jB > j2B > jC on its own.

I believe the problem is that the characters hit box while during 5C hit stun is different to others (upper to so arcs back further), so you have time the JC>jB to hit while the upper torso is returning back to its neutral hitbox.

hope that helps

Rin I said j.4D-A...... in cs2 you can combo j.4D-A into dash 5B without counter hit so I'm wondering if it's still possible. Plus how muh damage can you get off that starter now.

Also I know you can do combos with other characters so can you compare the level of strict timing of Taos A cancel into 6C to something else. For example valk wolf,unwolf 2C tight etc etc.

j.4d~a does not combo into 5b/dash5b unless its counter hit. But after a deeper look, it looks like j.4d~a dash 5b works if they're crouching. Its very tight timing though, you have to really buffer the 66 during the 5b fast. Its doable though. From there since its a crouch confirm you can totally go to your 6a BnB.