Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

XDest

[CSE] Taokaka Combo Thread

I like the video. It looks very fun.

I did forget about the 5b change, though. Guess that scratches that idea.

Any other minor changes noted aside from the ones in XDest's post in the general thread and Mystic d's on the first page of this thread? I know 2b's probably lost a level too.

Can't wait for frame data

I like the video. It looks very fun.

I did forget about the 5b change, though. Guess that scratches that idea.

Any other minor changes noted aside from the ones in XDest's post in the general thread and Mystic d's on the first page of this thread? I know 2b's probably lost a level too.

Can't wait for frame data

Specific frame data? I'm have no idea.. but the vid does point out some big differences that you need to get used to like the 2b 5b gatling, and mostly untechable time for different moves now, especially drives (IE 6a(CH) has so much untech time you can 6b and combo after/j.2d~b JC j.5bb works).

Nice, I wish I had training mode on me. A lot of these look fun.

Too bad I'm still at the point where I've got a 5B->6A or 5B->3C habit. Gotta get rid of that now.

Thanks. Yeah, the 5b anything has to go out the window unless you crouch confirm it. I still have a habit of dash 5b 3c and everytime I do I facepalm, because all I can do is bowling ball after.. :vbang:

Thanks. Yeah, the 5b anything has to go out the window unless you crouch confirm it. I still have a habit of dash 5b 3c and everytime I do I facepalm, because all I can do is bowling ball after.. :vbang:

Yeah, I guess if you start out from some CH, always go for the 6A confirm directly I guess? Like CH j.B/j.C ground-to-air -> 6A.

The only problem is hitting people with non-CH 2A, 2B or 5B not near the corner, if they're not one of the characters that 5C->JC->j.B works on. I guess if you have heat you can 5D->RC->6A or start a midscreen AB2 combo.

Yeah, I guess if you start out from some CH, always go for the 6A confirm directly I guess? Like CH j.B/j.C ground-to-air -> 6A.

The only problem is hitting people with non-CH 2A, 2B or 5B not near the corner, if they're not one of the characters that 5C->JC->j.B works on. I guess if you have heat you can 5D->RC->6A or start a midscreen AB2 combo.

Thats the thing, you have to think fast on hit confirming now, because depending on crouch/standing ch/non ch, the combo really changes.

Yep, if they're standing, midscreen, and its not counter hit and you land a 2a/2b/5b, you're not getting much besides your standard ground mash. RC 6a is the only possible launch method after that, and boy, AB2 combos seem even harder @~@ that last one I did took a couple tries :vbang: you have to whiff almost ALL of the "light" hits of cat 2 during the AB2 combos, because if you hit them with even a couple it prorates so bad it drops.

AB2 combos have always been like that.

As a tip, if you go for two 6Cs, and charge the second 6C, you can pretty much control their height before the ender. But it pretty much requires that you do the high jump version. In this way, you can force it so only the 5th hit hits each time so you don't get the proration screwing over the ender. It's what I used to do in CS1. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmNoBEINHMg#t=8m

Yeah, the high jump part is what gets me, and you have to hit it FAST.. so its basically 6c instant 2/3->7/8236b and I screw it up a lot :vbang:

Still stuck on the loop (since it's one of the few places I can potentially be useful without owning CSEX). Slightly more specific about the delay, you have to wait until she starts retracting her arm (animation 6 of 5c in the frame data - the one right after the red boxes) to do the jump cancel. If you do it before she goes into that animation, it won't connect; it can also go the other way and hit without combo-ing if it's delayed too much.

This is still assuming the timings didn't change, though. Could someone confirm this for me if possible? I also have some resets I'd like to have confirmed as well.

I'll be uploading a CS2 video tomorrow (a very poor quality video since I'm using my webcam to record my 3ds; help please?) through my dear's youtube if I can. It'll show the loop working on all the 'delay' characters except Ragna and Makoto (and Tao? Did anything mention it being possible on her or not?)

Also, random sidenote: I believe that 6C's hitbox is only on her hands now. If you do the corner combo with 6C -> 4D~A -> 6C, it is possible to do that second 6C too quickly and the opponent will fall "through" Taokaka's arms. This also explains why her CA has gotten worse. The hitbox got smaller

You're right, often times they'll fall through. But its more matchup/height specific than timing, you always have to hit 6c right before you land it seeems.

CA is mostly worse because of the terrible speed nerf, but yeah the hitbox is retarded too. I've already done it once, when carl was in my face, and I CA and he just kept goin in on me like nothing happened LOL :vbang:

Ok after practicing the loop on every possible candidate I have to say the loop is practical on everyone except....

Ragna- He defies all forms of scientific laws and truth be told I gave up after my 5th try

Carl- its not worth the effort to try and explain why his hat trolls so hard

Makoto-I forgot she existed in extend. The match up is way too free and now with her doing less damage it's even easier.

If I see a lot of people having trouble I will post my secret on how to do the delayed version easier, but for now I'll let you all figure shit out.

The loop works on Relius fine. Makoto and Ragna are pretty much impossible.

The ones you did with the delayed timing, the exact combo CAN be done in EX, but it was so freakin hard, that with the damage output comparatively, it didn't seem worth it. For non delay characters, it could be more usefull since its decent corner push and ACTUAL oki.

I'd say counterassault if more useful for when your opponent is spacing their moves well such as ragna's 5B or dead spike rather than the up close moves like 2As and 5As. Admittedly, this makes the CA much worse, but at least I still feel like it will be effective at a farther range

Random science : On tager , you can change the air ender from 2D~9 -> j.C -> j.8D~C -> j.9D~9 -> j.3D ~3 -> 236Bx5 into 2D~9 -> j.C -> j.9D~9 -> j.9D~9 -> j.3D ~3 -> 236Bx5 and force a 6th hit of 236B to increase damage by 235.

The loop works on Relius fine. Makoto and Ragna are pretty much impossible.

The ones you did with the delayed timing, the exact combo CAN be done in EX, but it was so freakin hard, that with the damage output comparatively, it didn't seem worth it. For non delay characters, it could be more usefull since its decent corner push and ACTUAL oki.

I feel that it's very important to learn the delayed version for one character....mu. Your going to need all the damage you can get because I know for a fact with the counter assault nerf/removing a primer coupled with stein oki...well GG's after that guard crush.

Tao vets are definitely capable of doing the delayed version for free as I find the taunt loop much harder. As for counter assault BS just learn to mash hexa edge better =3.

I think it would be worthwhile to learned the delayed version of the loop. Sure with the non-delay characters it's easier to do gimmicks to try and go for a high or low reset (or a green grab), but on the delay characters you can at least do one iteration, which will allow you to transition to 6a and an ender. I only did two loops and that ender in the video because the focus was on the loop being possible.

Of course you shouldn't try and force it. There are more important things to worry about. But it'd be nice to have in case you get into a good setup midscreen. And, as Neo said, it should be doable once you get the timing down.

As far as the CA nerf goes, I guess it's incentive to barrier, instant barrier, or find an IB gap more?

not sure if this is worth a mention but on jin and tsubaki u can do 5b-jb-j2b-jc-5b, good hit confirm n u should be able to do it,

also im playin on cs2 but i cant do delayed on noel, lamda the rest i got it down, does it work in cs2 with them 2??

Just saw tsujikawa play on NSB and he is the 3rd Tao I've seen go for 6A(2) 2367BBB hitconfirm I'm assuming it's much easier than 6A(1) into 5D can someone with access to extend do both combos and post the damages.

One last thing tsujikawa did the standing loop on ragna like it was free o.0

Just saw tsujikawa play on NSB and he is the 3rd Tao I've seen go for 6A(2) 2367BBB hitconfirm I'm assuming it's much easier than 6A(1) into 5D can someone with access to extend do both combos and post the damages.

One last thing tsujikawa did the standing loop on ragna like it was free o.0

Huh? Is that an ender or a combo? o__0

It just depends on height. On the ground you can do 6a(2hit) -> 7236b -> j.2d~b -> land -> j.bb -> j.5d~a -> 6c (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ARaxWvBnaBU#t=01m15s), if its an AA hit, then you probably go for 2-3 j.7236bb-bbb hits to get the right height. There's A LOT of untech time for that, and its honestly better than 6a 2d-ish BnB because of the corner carry.

I can definitely play around with it though and let you know some things about it.

Oh, and 6a(1hit) 5d BnB into 6c would more than often not work on an AA hit because of the height. That's probably why he did it, 6c combos are more than often optimal, even though they're harder than your traditional air BnB.

Thank you for the insight Rin your help is always appreciated. Please continue to mess around with 6A as I've seen various different combo choices.

Quick question in your video I see you do this fancy combo on hazma

6A,j.236B,J.2D-B,land,j.B

Is this combo possible in cs2?