Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

XDest

[CSE] Taokaka Combo Thread

Finally getting some of these, the only real tricky part is whether to choose 5D~5 or 5D~6 on some stages (how far you are from the corner of course). CH 2D combos have a lot of corner carry before it gets to that point so it'll usually be 5D~5 for that. For air grab it's a lot easier to tell since you have all the time in the world.

The only thing I'm doing differently really is for side change I'm doing 66->5C->j.B(2) since that looks awesome. And for back grab I sometimes do 214D instead of 5D~A whiff if I'm too far away.

66,5C,j.C does more damage and is easier to correct if you messed up the timing on everything, though the window to fix it only grows slightly.

EDIT-Give domethius the green light to archive everything in the match up thread or do it yourself one or the other. We need to start fresh for Extend, about to finish the Tao wiki just need some time to write out combos and whatnot.

Hm, I'll play around with 66->5C->j.C more. I still find j.B(2) easier there for some reason (probably just more practice with it).

If you want to redo all those threads I'd be fine with archiving the old ones.

Oh wow, I thought it would prorate it too much to have 5D~B in there, but 6C -> 5D~B -> 5C -> JC7 -> j.C -> j.D~A -> 6C works just fine, just gotta readjust a bit depending on range. Does almost 4.6k/6.4k as well, pretty awesome for the same confirm I've been getting 3.9k off all this time.

Heres my new CH 6C combo from any part of the screen that isn't the corner.

CH 6C, 214D, 44, j.4D-B, 22C, 5D-6, j.2D-6,, j.C, j.D-A, 6C, 5D-A whiff, 6C ,236C(charge a bit) C, regular ender

#Swag

.. Tbh, from those annotation, the combo look impossible

Edit : Tested, work quite well, but require quite good reaction to pull off that 214D - 44 - j4D in a real match. Strictly speaking, the combo only work well in the MIDDLE of the stage ( if the opponent is between the space where 2 char stand at the start of the match ), if they are a bit off then you can still do it depend which side you are on. also if you are too close to the corner after j.D~A, change the 6C into 2D to pick up the combo.

The Combo can be done any where on the screen as if your too close then you omit 5D-A whiff to just double 6C, 235C(Charge) C for correction. Also the 214D in an actual match is quite easy when:

A) Your throwing 6C as a poke/frame trap and expect it to CH so anticipation>Reaction

B) You have a loud announcer who screams counter and the 214D, 44, j.4D-B doesn't have to be done fast IMO.

I have other CH 6C combos that are a little easier for other Taos. Going to post those either here or on the wiki later today.

I'm using this as the general corner B'n'B, please tell me if I need to correct anything for more damage and such. I feel that there are better combos out there but I'm not sure what they are.

5C > 2C > 6C > 236CC > 2D~5 > j.6D~6 > j.C > ... > j.9D~9 > j.2D~C - j.C > ... > j.9D~9 > j.3D~3 > j.236Bx5

I generally use the same air ender after a corner 22C as well. Is this fine?

Thanks.

@Neogio : Hmm.. yeah you does seem right, it just that i'm used to safer combo. Atm, i'm still using CH 6C -> 214D land -> 5B -> 5C -> air combo which is easy and give a decent amount of damage and that's about it.

But i thought that if they are too close to the corner after j.4D~B, then the 6C -> 5D-A won't be able to carry them to the other corner , as after j.4D~B you switched side ? That's what i meant by my previous post.

Could be just me getting rusty lol, haven't played for a while.. this Wednesday in UK gamerbase should help me get back on my feet.

@MagicalSymphony: That's is a general ender, but if get a 6C into 236CC that early in corner, you should switch to 22C -> 5D~5 -> j.D~A -> 6C -> 4D~A -> 6C -> 236CC -> 2D~6 -> j.C -> j.9D~9 -> j.2D~9 -> j.9D~9 -> j.236Bx5 to pump out that damage

Heres my new CH 6C combo from any part of the screen that isn't the corner.

CH 6C, 214D, 44, j.4D-B, 22C, 5D-6, j.2D-6,, j.C, j.D-A, 6C, 5D-A whiff, 6C ,236C(charge a bit) C, regular ender

#Swag

If you're far enough away you can 214D after the first 6C and get a bunch of 6Cs/4Ds in

Was able to get almost 7k off it.

For any new Tao's looking for a place to start please direct your attention to the Taokaka section in the blazblue wiki.

Any and all information you are looking for will most likely be there, I plan to add more information but for now it is a perfect place for beginners looking to play her.

For any new Tao's looking for a place to start please direct your attention to the Taokaka section in the blazblue wiki.

Any and all information you are looking for will most likely be there, I plan to add more information but for now it is a perfect place for beginners looking to play her.

Just got done looking over the guide and very nice work! I'll be referring back to this, whenever I need a refresher on something or want to try something new.

What are the most common low to the ground enders?

Right now I've got (depending on height):

6A(1) -> JC -> j.B (2) -> j.236Bx5 (usually after 214D -> j.4D~A)

6A(2) -> JC -> j.A -> j.236Bx5 (usually when the opponent is too low for the above, like when you do 6C -> 6C)

214D -> j.236Bx5 (Opponent is really high (but too low for double 6C), like from 6A -> j.2B -> j.D~A -> 6C when too close to the corner)

I'm sure there's others, but it hasn't actually been discussed that much it seems.

I use 214D, j.2D, 6A (1), j.B (2), j.236Bx5

-works after 6C,6C or 6C,4D-A,6C

-universal

In all actuality its better to use 236C, trick edge for oki than relying on these enders.

Oh shit thanks, with the right delay after 214D it really is consistent off almost any height. ...I'll have to learn 236C trick edge after this.

A tao player (sorry I can't remember name or video) did a prorated corner combo into 6C -> 236C -> ... -> [2]9D~2~B and it was a crossup reset. It looked pretty sick.

6C....why is it always 6C...

Okay, so Im trying to learn:

[at and facing corner] 5B, 3C (3 hits), 22C, 5D~5, j.5D~A, 6C, 4D, 6C, 236CC, 2D ~ender

and,

[midscreen to corner] 5B, 6A (1 hit), 5D~6, j.2D~B, 5C, JC, j.5B, j.5D~A, 6C (x2 if possible), 22C, 2D ~ender.

For the first one, idk why, but 6C would whiff 65% of the time. My paws would be 10 inches into their face and still they would be able to recover right before it registers. Else, my paws go right underneath them for some reason and they would just get pushed forward.

For the second one...sigh...6C won't even begin to start until like 1 second after I land, as if there's some sort of gigantic landing stun. Sometimes (like 4 times out of the around 100 times ive tried) I would be able to 6C almost immediately after I land. The rest of the time, I would be literally bashing the button not even 7ms after the j.5D~A and I still, the move only starts 1 second after I land.

It's infuriating really, that I have to try and fail so hard with my main for only a 3.6k combo. And with my sub, Mu-12, I was able to easily figure out an extremely easy 5-6k combo by myself and execute it time and time again without even breaking a sweat. =_=

Also, I'm just wondering if theres been a patch to CSEX that I haven't heard of, since I haven't had xbl for over 3 months :S thanks :)

I'm kind of throwing things in the dark and hopefully they'll help you out.

For the corner combo, how many hits are you getting with the 22C? 1-2 hits off the 22C should be what you want.

3 or more hits from that move will cause the 6C to whiff.

Not exactly, the first one will most likely hit, and you can delay after the 4D~A to make the second one hit. But it's a bit more challenging then just doing it regularly.

For the midscreen to corner, I personally don't like doing that as I'd normally go and do the easy 6A (2hits) air ender- it is more reliable (especially online). If I were to do the combo you've mentioned, I'd prefer doing a 2369B (Tiger knee Cat 2) than a j.5B.

Anyways... for this combo to work you give a slight pause before 5C so they aren't too high for the j.5B. After that, the j.5B should be done nearing the highest of your jump, allowing Tao to j.5D~A > 6C. Personally, I also found that j.7B was more reliable, but that might just be me.

I've tried 5B > 6A on both CH and crouching as this link doesn't work on normal.

Taokaka is meant to have sustainable damage, as in get ~3k consistently off various starters. Most practical high damage combos without AB2 can go at most 5k I think... Correction needed if necessary. I don't play Mu-12, so I can't compare between the two, but can only imagine a combo doing that much not happening as often as Taokaka doing 3k. I could be wrong though ^^;;..

As far as I know, no patches have been put out for Extend yet.

Hope that helps.

Taiyakitime

Not exactly, the first one will most likely hit, and you can delay after the 4D~A to make the second one hit. But it's a bit more challenging then just doing it regularly.

I'm kind of throwing things in the dark and hopefully they'll help you out.

For the corner combo, how many hits are you getting with the 22C? 1-2 hits off the 22C should be what you want.

I get 1 hit 70% of the time, 2 hits 28% of the time, and 3 hits 2% of the time if I were to quantify them from my practices~ The only time I try to do more than 2 is when I do a combo that follows it with 2D.

I've gotten better with the first combo now :D I succeed around 70% of the time now during training, and I finally was able to do it in a real match against my brother! :DDD

lol I seem to love percentages~ xD.

For the midscreen to corner, I personally don't like doing that as I'd normally go and do the easy 6A (2hits) air ender- it is more reliable (especially online). If I were to do the combo you've mentioned, I'd prefer doing a 2369B (Tiger knee Cat 2) than a j.5B.

I actually started learning the combo with the TK.cat2, but it felt like more effort than just the j.5B, so I switched. Maybe I'll try practicing with cat2 again and see if i'll get better results :D.

Anyways... for this combo to work you give a slight pause before 5C so they aren't too high for the j.5B. After that, the j.5B should be done nearing the highest of your jump, allowing Tao to j.5D~A > 6C. Personally, I also found that j.7B was more reliable, but that might just be me.

I've tried 5B > 6A on both CH and crouching as this link doesn't work on normal.

Gee I'm not that good with such precise timing Dx I'll give it a whirl later :D On the same day after I made my post before, I also started using j.7B too. It seems like you reach the ground quicker and makes 6C connect easier i think :).

I don't get what you mean by 5B > 6A not working as that's how I pretty much start all my combos lol.

Taokaka is meant to have sustainable damage, as in get ~3k consistently off various starters. Most practical high damage combos without AB2 can go at most 5k I think... Correction needed if necessary. I don't play Mu-12, so I can't compare between the two, but can only imagine a combo doing that much not happening as often as Taokaka doing 3k. I could be wrong though ^^;;..

I often find myself having to terminate mixups at around 1.2-1.5k unless I have 50 heat to RC the 5D into 6A, whilst other characters can generally transition their mixups into a combo. As for the reason I don't just put a 6A prior, I can't remember. I haven't played BB in a couple of days and my memory span is as short as a goldfish's xD. Maybe its cuz the distance is too long? :S My actual normal combos do indeed fall in the 2.5k - 3.7k mark :D

The Mu-12 combo(s) I'm referring to are:

[near-ish facing corner] 5C, 6C, 63214C, (66 if you have to), 6A (catch wallbounce), 5C, 2C, j.5C, j.2C, 2B, 5C, 2C, j.5C, JC, j.5C, j.2C [roughly 5k]

and,

[50 heat, near-ish facing corner] 5C, 6C, 63214C, (66 if you have to), 6A (catch wallbounce), 5C, 2C, j.5C, j.2C, 2B, 2C, j.5C, j.2C, 2B, 5C, 6C, 632146C (catch wallbounce) [roughly 6k]

Both are pretty much the same with only slight differences after the 2B. They're both also easy to do in a real match. With my brother and hell comps, I almost always get either combo in at least once, usually twice, or three times if i fumble. And when I get it twice or more, its usually lights out for them, or at least close to dead :)

You can give them a try :D They're extremely easy :P The only requirement for these moves other than the 50 heat for the second combo is that you're far enough from your opponent so that the 6C hits. You don't even have to be exactly at the corner for this. The 63214C can still make them wallbounce almost a screen away from the corner, allowing you to catch them with the 6A. These combos are the only decent combos I have with Mu-12 xD

I'm not sure if I wrote these down correctly though :s I typed them from memory, so tell me if they work! :D

As far as I know, no patches have been put out for Extend yet.

Hope that helps.

Taiyakitime

Time to learn the staple AB2 combo as well now :D It's about time I did lol.

5B,6A only works on crouching or If the 5B is CH and your really close.

@XDest- I can finally do super jump AB2 combos and the tetsu ender =3. P2 side I'm around 97% consistency and on P1 I'm around 79%.

Hmm.. What exactly was Tetsu ender again ?? And congrat about the super AB2 part, i myself have just also able to get it working recently.