Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WUT

The Awesomeness that is 3S

TheSlyM00gle-o's: I really, really, really need your laptop so I can be awesome and play CS with Jais today and tomorrow. If you could find it in your heart, you should bring it over so that I may kill numerous bitches in epic style. Also: You can still do the 3S cancel into either S or HS after you manage to do an autoguard with it. The lowdown: Low autoguard from frames 5-10, 3S cancel is on frames 8-9. Almost negligible, but if you manage to autoguard during the frames that you could cancel into either S or HS, you will have an additional frame to input the cancel (due to autoguard's hit stop properties). What all this means is that if you're an epic manly kind of person, you can punish lows for 150+ damage and corner knockdown from almost anywhere. Pretty nice, amirite? Seriously guys. Anji needs realistic, "easy" 3S combos so that he can deal more damage and be higher in the tiers, which means more people will play him. He needs those easy combos guys. Show me whatchu got.

trying to autoguard with 3S is probably one of the worst ideas in the world because of the window the move has and the sheer suckage of the move when used by itself. if it was frame 1-something it would be a different story but it starts at frame 5. if they do it too early or too late you get fucked up, and it would be awkward and more limited to use an autougard with a 5 frame dead time before the autoguard frames. nifty idea but practically speaking I doubt I'd ever see it happen in a match

Tiamat: Please name me 1 low that is faster than 5 frames.

If you can press the button before them, on block you get free special cancel pressures, on hit, you can combo. If you 3S at the same time you will ALWAYS GP, as long as it's not slower than 10 frames. Guys IT SPECIAL CANCELS, why is this a bad thing.

Tiamat: Please name me 1 low that is faster than 5 frames.

If you can press the button before them, on block you get free special cancel pressures, on hit, you can combo. If you 3S at the same time you will ALWAYS GP, as long as it's not slower than 10 frames. Guys IT SPECIAL CANCELS, why is this a bad thing.

As far as I know, DI Sol's 2k is the only one in the game, and it's 4 frames.

If you manage to get the autoguard on 3S, you don't even need to cancel it, because it gatlings into just about everything (or at least 5S, which is the important one).

As far as I know, DI Sol's 2k is the only one in the game, and it's 4 frames.

What about Chipp, Slayer, Order Sol, Ky, and Jam's 2p?

What about Chipp, Slayer, Order Sol, Ky, and Jam's 2p?

those don't hit low, unless you meant 2K

Ryan Biyall- You are welcome to my laptop from the hours of 8 AM - whenever I get off work on saturday. Though I will not be bringing it to Jaison's place, you niggas will have to come get it here because I need it for my fapfest tonight. I didn't know about the 3S autoguard cancel. This makes 3S appealing to me now. Why have you not shared such deliciousness before good sir? Jais: It only special cancels after the hit, and I think the hit is frame 62 or something. So technically if you throw it you're setting yourself up for punish. There are actually plenty of situations the low autoguard would be useful though if you can still cancel it. Sol's sweep comes to mind in certain situations. Mmm... La Finca was so good, but it's 2 hours later and I'm hungry again.

those don't hit low, unless you meant 2K

Y'know I don't think I ever actually knew that... So can all 2p be blocked high then? I just assumed since the move was done low that it was a low, excluding like HOS 2H. See, I'm super scrub because I don't have anyone good to play with around here. I'm not saying there aren't good players here, cause there are, but I just don't ever get to play them or know anything about them other than their mains. I met each of them pretty much all of once and couldn't remember all their names, so I just matched faces to their main.

oh man there's so many moves with 2+button that aren't low I can't even count them

almost anyone's 2P, testament 2S, eddie 2S, etc

so say if Sol runs in after knockdown and does 2P, you can wakeup 6K autoguard it cause it's not a low move. if he did 2K you'd need to do 3K

I tried the 3S thing on training mode and it is a lot easier to 3S cancel from the autoguard than normally like WUT said, which is kinda nifty. Just to be clear what will happen is you will autoguard the low with 3S gatling to 3S cancel 5S. So the first hit will be a 5S.

If you manage to get the autoguard on 3S, you don't even need to cancel it, because it gatlings into just about everything (or at least 5S, which is the important one).

I just checked and the only things 3S gatlings into are 3S or 3P.

2H only gatlings to 2D and 3K, and for 3K to be able to hit them after they block 2H you have to delay the gatling a lot for it to even be possible for them to be hit by 3K and yeah 3K CH is great but the annoying thing is that usually when you low autoguard a move with it it will be normal hit. =[ there are some practical ways to get 3K coutnerhit though. like if you are doing 2K (blocked) shitsu and ky wants to stun dipper under it or sol wants to GV, you do 2K 3K gatling and it will counterhit them. that has nothing to do with autoguards though...

So I thought "man I'm stupid, there's an obvious neutral situation that happens all the time, anji IBed P stomp" so I was like gee if I do 3S after that it should beat any low and net me a huge combo. oh how sad is the truth, at least against Mr. Frederick Sol IBs Anji's P stomp, Sol does 2K and it is autoguarded by 3S if he gatlings the 2K into 2D (which is pretty likely thing for him to do anyway) it breaks through and hits you, obvoiusly this would lose to K autoguard special but that's not what we're gunning for right? we want 5S combo same situation, but sol does 2D instead you autoguard with 3S and cancel to 5S AND....it just whiffs over his 2D that was just autoguarded. you just put your head on the chopping block and got nothing out of it Better luck on other characters? maybe. on sol? it would be about the same risk to start throwing out random fan overdrives i think. lol

So I thought "man I'm stupid, there's an obvious neutral situation that happens all the time, anji IBed P stomp"

so I was like gee if I do 3S after that it should beat any low and net me a huge combo. oh how sad is the truth, at least against Mr. Frederick

Sol IBs Anji's P stomp, Sol does 2K and it is autoguarded by 3S

if he gatlings the 2K into 2D (which is pretty likely thing for him to do anyway) it breaks through and hits you, obvoiusly this would lose to K autoguard special but that's not what we're gunning for right? we want 5S combo

same situation, but sol does 2D instead

you autoguard with 3S and cancel to 5S AND....it just whiffs over his 2D that was just autoguarded. you just put your head on the chopping block and got nothing out of it

Better luck on other characters? maybe. on sol? it would be about the same risk to start throwing out random fan overdrives i think. lol

Then why don't we just cancel 3S into HS and skip the slash? HS should always hit, and it's the same cancel and leads to the same combo.

if you do the same test but with 5H instead of 5S if sol does 2K2D 5H still loses if sol does 2D 5H wins unless he cancels into VV or GV

if you do the same test but with 5H instead of 5S

if sol does 2K2D 5H still loses

if sol does 2D 5H wins unless he cancels into VV or GV

Unfortunately I do believe that the first option will always happen unless the opponent throws a move that doesn't gatling and gets autoguarded by 3S. Unfortunately the actual active hit is so late into the move that this will always happen if they gatling into another move. No freebies. This would be a good time to be able to reaction whether you press K or S/HS.

I was only talking about throwing HS for the second option. I should have made that more clear.

Ah I see. My problem with this is that it just keeps getting more and more complicated. Not only do we have to predict that he will do a low, we also have to predict if it's the sweep or not. Unless we just go for good old K special...

I don't know if this was commonly known, but I didn't realize 'til practicing just today. You don't need to go to neutral after 3S for the 5H. It doesn't cancel into 6H, so you can alternate between down-forward and forward. This bumped up my percentage of hitting it a lot. EDIT: I jumped to the conclusion that this worked for cancelling into 5S as well, but if you're holding forward 5S will NOT come out.