Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rishtopher

[CS2-CSE] Carl Clover General Discussion - Shota Shorts Edition

Welcome to the Carl subforum!

Grab your complimentary top hat, cape and shorts at the entrance please!~

Say hello to Ada and grab a seat!

Glasses are optional, but recommended :P

This thread is mainly going to be used for Carl character personality/story discussion. Feel free to discuss anything from romantic pairings to Carl-related story speculation. I also had it in mind for this to be a general hang-out spot for us. There aren't many Carl mains, so it's ok if it deviates from Carl stuff, i.e., I don't mind if we go off topic here at all lol.

Please keep in mind that this isn't the tactical discussion/technical thread though. While it might be ok to bring that stuff up every once and a while, you might want to go over there for any gameplay-related discussion/questions/help.

Also, if you have some fanart or anything, it would be cool to post it. If it turns out that we somehow get a lot of it, we can make a new thread for that specifically.

So 30+ people see this thread but not one replies o_O?

Anyway I guess I should help get the topic started

first off, the name of the thread is blah, but that's not important ;D

ANYWAY

I think the story in CSX ( continuum Shift Extend) would have a nice plot twist if Ignis protects Carl from Relius in one of Carl's endings. It would answer the question of whether the machines/weapons/nox noctores DO actually have Carl's mother's and sister's souls instilled in them. It would also make Relius look like a punk and it would be funny if Carl was able to control both Ada and Ignis in one of the battles. Just saying.....

Other than that, does anybody else dislike the Relius vs Carl theme? It doesn't sound like a father and son fighting, but more of a "regret" sort of feel. I was disappointed that the theme doesn't have any evil or sinister parts in it

That's all I have for now.

I thought the same thing, I guess people are shyer than I thought??

(Sadly) I don't think that CSX is going to extend the story very much, if at all :\ I heard from other people on DL that Mori is apparently adding like one extra scene in the True Ending at the very end, but I hope it's more than that or I'll be pretty miffed. I'm buying it mostly for the story after all lol. As for the plot twist you're suggesting, I can see that happening. I think we've had enough demonstrations of Nirvana having Ada's soul (if any). I'm more intrigued about Ignis. I wouldn't doubt that she'd stop obeying Relius before actually killing Carl, but I don't think Carl would get the chance to control both puppets :P It'll probably be one of those last ditch efforts where Ignis stops Relius by pushing him off a cliff or doing something that could actually kill him (he's like pretty much immortal so far lol).

About the Relis x Carl theme.. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...I don't dislike it. It's just that it's not that great. The more I listen to it, the more I can tolerate it, but I don't think the mood is right either. I wanted my damn opera in it D:< It generally just feels too slow. The acoustic guitar was nice, but it made me doubletake since I thought it would have more of a vengeance feel to it. I think I've said this before, but I actually thought it was the Jin vs Tsubaki theme the first time I heard it =\ I was way more impressed with Relius' theme, but no opera again leaves me pretty annoyed. I feel like I'm missing out on something that was amazing! I wish I could've heard what was playing at the loketests :(

Random thought: Now that Relius has a Carl palette, I want Carl to have a Relius palette. I think that would look awesome.

Also, sorry about the thread name, I couldn't think of anything else under such short notice D:

I agree. I thought the Carl vs Relius theme was disappointing, for many of the same reasons you guys mentioned. I was hoping for an intense opera/classical feel to it. I feel like there were some missed opportunities, though the song itself isn't terrible.

Glasses should be mandatory...on the other hand, do I have to wear the shorts?

I wont get lazy following this one, planning on bumping Tager to sub-status and keeping Carl in the lead...meaning I have to pay attention, I am still "how I Carl" mode...*ahem* Ada or Nirvana is something that always bothered me, it is spelled out that she is controlling Carl but we don't really know what for. It might not have to do with Relius at all she might only be keeping him from dying because she can't move around on her own or something like that. Or I am just blowing hot air, whichever.

I was hoping for something more violiny at least... when I think of Relius, I think something more like that. I think the worst part of the vs. theme is the name itself, terrible...

I love the title. Shota Shorts are damn awesome :3 and I can contribute to the fanart. Just give me a few hours to draw and color some XD

I personally like the Carl v Relius theme... I mean I didn't go =O but I was like =D

And uhh, my story mode memory is a little rusty. Did Ada consent to her transformation? /herp

And uhh, my story mode memory is a little rusty. Did Ada consent to her transformation? /herp

We dunno she's never had a line

Glasses should be mandatory...on the other hand, do I have to wear the shorts?

I wont get lazy following this one, planning on bumping Tager to sub-status and keeping Carl in the lead...meaning I have to pay attention, I am still "how I Carl" mode...*ahem* Ada or Nirvana is something that always bothered me, it is spelled out that she is controlling Carl but we don't really know what for. It might not have to do with Relius at all she might only be keeping him from dying because she can't move around on her own or something like that. Or I am just blowing hot air, whichever.

I was hoping for something more violiny at least... when I think of Relius, I think something more like that. I think the worst part of the vs. theme is the name itself, terrible...

PUT ON THE SHORTS! >:U lolno, it's cool. I don't wear shorts myself anyway

That's an interesting way of looking at their relationship. I personally always believed that despite what everyone was thinking, Ada/Nirvana wasn't controlling him and it only appeared to be that way to those not in the know. I mean, for one, no one else knows that it's Ada in there, plus it's a Nox right? So of course they think he's crazy. She showed her side when she interacted with Valk in CT's story and based on the dialogue, it was implied that Valk understood what she's saying or at least what she wants to convey to him. The thing is, it seems that he's talking to Nirvana and not Ada. Also Nirvana told Litchi how to find Tager when he got to Kagutsuchi, so doesn't seem like she only cares for Carl. To me, this is more evidence that they're cooperating with each other. I like the way you think of it as her controlling him to keep him out of harm's way, though, that never crossed my mind o.o

Yeah, I don't really get the X-MATIC thing but admittedly, I kinda like it now. Before it looked stupid but now it looks cool since it reminds me xxxHOLiC (Yes, I know, lame reason lol). I'm actually really surprised we don't even get a small Phantom of the Opera reference, his outfit kind of demands it :\ Also I hate Relius' theme name even more, Plastic Night sounds dumb :|

Also do you recommend that anime in the vid? It looks kind of interesting.

I love the title. Shota Shorts are damn awesome :3 and I can contribute to the fanart. Just give me a few hours to draw and color some XD

I personally like the Carl v Relius theme... I mean I didn't go =O but I was like =D

YAY I'm glad you liked the name n__n I actually thought of it while reading Kuroshitsuji. Ciel kind of reminds me of Carl, if Carl were more to-the-point about things/evil-ish. I'll help out with the fanart when I can, but my tablet pen broke so I can't colour til I get a new one :(

About Ada's consent, we have no official statement on it besides Relius' word of her "willing cooperation through the entire process"... so like, I can't tell if he was serious or using it as a euphemism for forcing her into it :v:

Also I hate Relius' theme name even more, Plastic Night sounds dumb :|

It sounds kind of kinky to me..... >____<

YAY I'm glad you liked the name n__n I actually thought of it while reading Kuroshitsuji. Ciel kind of reminds me of Carl, if Carl were more to-the-point about things/evil-ish. I'll help out with the fanart when I can, but my tablet pen broke so I can't colour til I get a new one :(

You're into Kuroshitsuji too? YES I'm not the only one that thinks about the Carl/Ciel thing >w<

About Ada's consent, we have no official statement on it besides Relius' word of her "willing cooperation through the entire process"... so like, I can't tell if he was serious or using it as a euphemism for forcing her into it :v:

Perhaps she was willing to help out but didn't know the result of the process?

I'm thinking either:

A) Relius tricked Ada into cooperating with his experiment. For all we know, maybe he promised her candy lol.

B) He made her either sacrifice or watch the same happen to Carl and/or Ignis. I wouldn't put it past him to do this.

C) Ada's a daddy's girl, or is at least very obedient.

YAY I'm glad you liked the name n__n I actually thought of it while reading Kuroshitsuji. Ciel kind of reminds me of Carl, if Carl were more to-the-point about things/evil-ish. I'll help out with the fanart when I can, but my tablet pen broke so I can't colour til I get a new one

I can see the comparison to some degree. However, Ciel reminds me more of Rachel in all honesty, at least in personality. Maybe a Carl/Rachel mix or something lol.

It sounds kind of kinky to me..... >____<

You're into Kuroshitsuji too? YES I'm not the only one that thinks about the Carl/Ciel thing >w<

EDIT: Don't know why I can't see the quote, but I was replying to Sphere lol

Oh I just got what you meant by kinky .___.

And yes, I love the anime but I heard from fans of the manga that it's awful, I started reading it the other day :P

Honestly I believe that Ada did in fact cooperate willingly knowing full well what the risks/results were/could be. Just a gut feeling I guess, I don't have much to go on here lol. I'm hoping there's some cool reason for why she did it. If Ada feels the same way about Carl that he does for her, maybe she thought it would enable her to keep him safe through what's to come like how Osmond mentioned?

I'm starting to find that that explanation is becoming a lot more plausible as I think about it. It would permit Ada's soul to watch over Carl, but because her soul is in Nirvana, she'd be bound to the operating rules of a Nox. Namely mental side effects for the user. That would also tie in with what Hakumen had said about it moving with the user's killing intent (in this case, feelings for revenge). Judging from Nirvana's slouching posture and sluggish movement, I feel like Carl's bloodlust isn't strong enough to get her moving at full capacity which could be attributed to his good nature. Ada being in there could permit her to move without Carl's instruction for small amounts of time. None of this is confirmed or anything, I this is just the impression I get, what do you guys think? I'm hoping CSX has enough Relius/Carl story to shed light on the Ada-->Nirvana transformation.

Also does anyone else remember Haz being surprised that Carl called Nirvana his sister? I can't remember it clearly, but I find it odd that Haz would be surprised, I thought he knew about everyone's past? Or maybe he'd seen the situation as Ada basically being dead when she was used in the transformation? I just find it odd that he wouldn't know seeing as how he knows everything.

I can see the comparison to some degree. However, Ciel reminds me more of Rachel in all honesty, at least in personality. Maybe a Carl/Rachel mix or something lol.

lool actually yeah, I can see that pretty easily now that you mention it.

That would also tie in with what Hakumen had said about it moving with the user's killing intent (in this case, feelings for revenge). Judging from Nirvana's slouching posture and sluggish movement, I feel like Carl's bloodlust isn't strong enough to get her moving at full capacity which could be attributed to his good nature. Ada being in there could permit her to move without Carl's instruction for small amounts of time. None of this is confirmed or anything, I this is just the impression I get, what do you guys think? I'm hoping CSX has enough Relius/Carl story to shed light on the Ada-->Nirvana transformation.

That actually makes a lot of sense when you compare it to Ignis's movement... even though she isn't technically a Nox as far as I know.

But Momma be flying all over the place

Also does anyone else remember Haz being surprised that Carl called Nirvana his sister? I can't remember it clearly, but I find it odd that Haz would be surprised, I thought he knew about everyone's past? Or maybe he'd seen the situation as Ada basically being dead when she was used in the transformation? I just find it odd that he wouldn't know seeing as how he knows everything.

I don't remember this very well either, but my best guess could just be Hazama making fun of Carl.

I don't remember this very well either, but my best guess could just be Hazama making fun of Carl.

Haz's favourite ways to torment people are brutal twisted truths

I absolutely love the new Carl vs. Relius theme! The only songs I like more are "Weak Executioner" and maybe "Nightmare Fiction". I also second the notion that Carl should get a Relius palette -- I would totally don that.

Anyway, I took a break from BlazBlue because I never warm up to Carl's playstyle in CS2. I do like what I'm seeing in Extend so far and will probably jump back into the fray once that game is out, so I think I'll lurk a little less on Dustloop, too.

Before my little sabbatical I posted some of my BB fan art in this thread (which is in dire need of some new content), but I wanted to share this specific picture with my Carl Clover enthusiasts in this sub-forum as well.

Cheers!

catgotyourtongue-small.jpg

「CAT GOT YOUR TONGUE?」

06/26/10

I absolutely love the new Carl vs. Relius theme! The only songs I like more are "Weak Executioner" and maybe "Nightmare Fiction". I also second the notion that Carl should get a Relius palette -- I would totally don that.

Anyway, I took a break from BlazBlue because I never warm up to Carl's playstyle in CS2. I do like what I'm seeing in Extend so far and will probably jump back into the fray once that game is out, so I think I'll lurk a little less on Dustloop, too.

Before my little sabbatical I posted some of my BB fan art in this thread (which is in dire need of some new content), but I wanted to share this specific picture with my Carl Clover enthusiasts in this sub-forum as well.

Cheers!

I think my favourite themes in the game are Carl's, then Arakune's, then Weak Executioner/Nightmare Fiction and UNL Ragna/Haz themes. I think Carl's is the best overall, personally :P Awesome to see more people coming out and joining the conversation lol. I lurked DL for 2 years before I decided to post, but it was mostly the story discussion threads that I paid attention too lol.

And OMG! I literally saw that last night and thought "holy crap, this is awesome! Didn't know anyone else liked Carl and Kokonoe o.o" And then you revealed yourself as the artist! O__O I'm very pleased to meet your acquaintance and I hope you'll show us more of your work in the future :)

That actually makes a lot of sense when you compare it to Ignis's movement... even though she isn't technically a Nox as far as I know.But Momma be flying all over the place.

Actually now that you mention it, I bet since Ignis isn't a Nox, she doesn't have any kind of mental warping effects. Relius' crazy is all his own lol.

And yeah, I guess it's just likely he was trolling :\ Also, is it just me or does Nirvana seem really fragile? No doubt that she's strong but it seems like any baddie (Haz, Nu) can just shatter her whenever they please..I guess they aren't just any baddies, but still...

catgotyourtongue-small.jpg

「CAT GOT YOUR TONGUE?」

06/26/10

I am confused about the setting and concept of this image.

It's a cute little Carl and a sexy Catgirl [a SMART one, to boot].

It's amazing :3

I'm gonna throw guesses and think Nirvana is fragile due to Carl's frailty. As tough as he tries to be, he's still a boy and easily wavered.

I'm gonna throw guesses and think Nirvana is fragile due to Carl's frailty. As tough as he tries to be, he's still a boy and easily wavered.

lol, I just thought of Nirvana as the Green Lantern's ring. Don't give up Carl! Use your willpower~

@Akiro, I refuse to love that song until someone shows me the intro in full and I can tell if it matches >__<

I remember Niko saying that Carl and Kokonoe were his favorite characters, which I guess is why he came up with it. Plus, it's a really cute and well-drawn image. He also mentioned that it spawned a Carl x Kokonoe discussion lol.

lol, I just thought of Nirvana as the Green Lantern's ring. Don't give up Carl! Use your willpower~

I'm tempted to make fanart of Green Lantern Carl....

Do eet~~ :D

I actually have something specific that I want to do but I won't be able to colour it til like next week when I can order a new tablet pen =\

Maybe I can do the lineart and have someone do the colouring? I've never coloured with a mouse before.

The artist is just as confused!