Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Skye

[CT-CF] Lotte Carmine General Discussion

25pn789.png

This thread exists for:

• Any Arakune related talk that doesn't revolve around videos/changes from *previous version of BB* to *current version of BB*/combos, examples include but not excluded to, Netplay/Ranbat shenanigans, story related stuff, music related stuff, colors, artworks, etc etc.
  • Netplay Match making - Come here if you want to fight an Arakune player online.
  • Bitching and moaning about Arakune, either x change he received or how much of a bullshit character he is and how he shouldn't be in the game butthurp etc etc. Though I warn you, don't let it get to an argument. Take the cat fights to PMs.

Talk.

CT?

CS1?

CS2?

CSE?

CP?

CF?

Talk, do whatever, be nice, have fun.

Edit: Let me know if the Arakune boards are to your liking, I crafted it to be comprehensive and cohesive to newcomers to help them learn Arakune better, as well as keep a steady, intelligent environment for veterans of the character. If you have any suggestions to improve the boards, let me know. We are a community after all.

First of all, let me congratulate you on the modship, it's well deserved.

Second, bring back dive loops plzkthxbye.

I hope that Arakune player from Youmacon actually comes here, kupo. He was really impressive.

I hope that Arakune player from Youmacon actually comes here, kupo. He was really impressive.

Was he better than me.

I ask better than just dive loop... Give back the dive cancel even in block ! xD

that will be broken shit like ssf4ae Yun%)

are you teaming with fidoskin for wcg?:O goodluck in cannes. i hope i'll come too.

btw wasn't there discussion about using 2B as AA? What chars ignore this(valk and bang?)?

I did try 2B as anti-air for every character that jump-in (except Valkenhayn and Platinum, cause i don't have them). I translate what i've said here:

~~~~

Ragna: beat jA, beat jC, beat jD, deal (might beat) jB in favor.

Jin: beat jA... and that's all. You can beat jB if he do it too late... but just forget against him.

Noel: beat jA, beat jB, deal (might beat) jC in favor. Doesn't beat jD of course...

Taokaka: deal jA in neutral. beat jB, deal j2B in neutral (hard to do), deal jC in neutral.

Litchi: beat jA and jC with staff. that's all, don't use against her.

Tager: beat jA...that's all.

Lambda: beat jA, Deal jB in favor, beat jC, deal j2C in favor.

Hazama: Deal jA, beat jB, beat jC. j2C is a special one: the hurtbox does appear before the hitbox, so if you do the 2B when he begin to do his j2C, you will touch him (invisible touch lol). very useful if an Hazama try to do j2C cross-up against you.

Tsubaki: Deal jA in favor, beat jB. loose to jC.

Haku-men: beat jA, beat jB. that's all.

Bang: beat jA, beat jB, loose to j4B, might deal with jC in neutral.

Arakune: ... Did I really have to try against him?

Carl: beat jA, beat jB, loose against jC and j2C.

Rachel: beat jA, beat jB, beat jC, loose against j2C.

Makoto: beat jA, beat jB, deal jC in disadvantage, loose against j2C.

~~~~

I repeat that this is only for jump-in attack: If an Ragna do a jC far from you, you will eat shit if you do 2B.

In favor mean that you can combo after being hit. neutral mean that you can do nothing. And disadvantage mean that even if you counter him, the one who will be combotted is you.

I guess that best use is against Ragna, Lambda Noel and Hazama.

Skye you went from posting non sense to becoming a mod. Fuck this forum, but hey at least you're better than Copper " WC Mixup" dabbit.

I like to think I came a long way from my old self.

I got the support of my scene, various people who have grown as a player thanks to my advice and CS1 curse set up tutorial videos, and I kou, who is from Canada, a scene you EC folks respect, have named me his successor.

Gotta be legit, right?

Whhaaaaaaaaaaatttttt??? I leave DL for a while, come back to relearn my squiggly roots, and now Skye's the squiggly mod? :psyduck:

Well, uhhh... (belated) grats. BTW the title of this thread should have a Nick Cage reference, just saying. :v:

i still thinking about my main char for csex, i like blobs gameplay, haku is top tier and got awesome buffs and loli is pretty same as in cs2, but have no chair.

Hey everyone, I'm new to the forums and I just thought I would pop in and make myself known. I love Arakune and I would be playing CSE right now but I decided to just wait for the NA release... I find Arakune to be incredibly fun and hope to learn and share with everyone after I start to dig into CSE. I do play the original CS still and I'd be willing to play some matches with people, assuming anyone still plays it ha ha. Although I can't say I would really be able to compete with most of you, I'm still pretty green when it comes to the dedicated scene. I am willing to learn and practice, so hopefully I can become solid competition for some of you eventually. Since I have nothing to really contribute to the discussion however, I'll leave it at that.

In any case, welcome to the hive, hope you stick around and find yourself at home.

Thank you very much, I'm sure I'll be fine, I have to say that learning Arakune is proving challenging but fun.

I whipped up the CSE match up threads, go nuts.

Just picked up the game. The character I'm most interested in is Arakune. Just has a awesome style about him but I'm concerned about his gameplay a bit. Does having his whole game revolve around curse make him a one dimensional fighter? Do you feel overwhelmed when you don't have curse? I also read he is one of the more difficult fighters to learn, why so?

Just picked up the game. The character I'm most interested in is Arakune. Just has a awesome style about him but I'm concerned about his gameplay a bit. Does having his whole game revolve around curse make him a one dimensional fighter? Do you feel overwhelmed when you don't have curse? I also read he is one of the more difficult fighters to learn, why so?

Welcome to the Hive!

Feel free to take a look around the Q&A/FAQ Thread and get in on some good technical advice and save yourself some inevitable questions. Then come to the video thread to see the best (and worst) of it all in real time. Practice lots and come to the Combo thread to discuss your technical discoveries and whatnot.

To answer your questions, he is not a one dimensional character, because in order to win, you need to actually get curse and that involves a lot of work depending on your opponent's tendencies. Once curse is there you have a variety of mix/cross up, guard breaking, unblockable options at your disposal to go into a curse combo, so he's not a "dial a combo" kind of character, until you get to the actual optimal curse combo, which is pretty much the same for every character. You are not the one who should feel overwhelmed when curse is active, that is your opponent, it's your job to use their fear to your advantage and go into what ever kind of set up you see fit, it goes without saying that you have an extreme upper hand when curse is active, but it's super temporary, so make up your mind fast. Lastly, he's hard to learn, namely because of his movement and attack gatlings, which are both awkward, plus, he is one of 3 character who utilize Negative Edging to maximize their potential, which is always a learning curve. His execution barrier is also a step, but practice well and get by it!

I hope you stick around, we are desperate for activity.

Hey all, been a Blazblue player since CT and Arakune has always been one of my favourite characters both in game and story wise. I actually main Tager and I've had a loooong break from Blazblue in general because of exams and school and wish to get back into the game and I'd love to pick up Arakune once again.

I think in general my issue is creating openings to begin a combo that will net some curse meter and of course trying to get people off of me when pressured and don't have curse. Any general advice on where I should start? :)

Start here Everything you need to know about Arakune is and will be in here.

Welcome back to the hive!

Since Skye is dumb and locked the changes thread I'm posting this here for the time being

kune%20moveset.png

Seems like Arakune got two new moves, wich (I think) can be perfomed both on the ground and in the air, 22A/B/C and 41236A. His overdrive seems to be called Crimson Depth, no idea what it does.