Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Skye

[CT-CF] Lotte Carmine General Discussion

Been unlocked it.

Where you been?

Welcome to the hive. I hope our library of knowledge helps you out and I personally hope you lurk less and engage in some conversation. Traffic is loved here.

Introduction? Ok!

Spent all January in the video thread watching several hours of Arakune play of each match up and taking notes. Been Playing BB seriously since August of Last year with Arakune in CSE until CP came out and have recently been entering locals, preparing for the big event itself.

While discovering and learning tech and the character itself by looking him up all over Nico Nico, I have also managed to discover some useful stuff I have tested out on real opponents offline. But I still consider myself in the lab so I rather leave the knowledge base to you guys of more experience before declaring something useful yet. But I will eventually post some stuff once I get my ridiculous notes organized. :)

There, my silence of myself has been broken.

QUESTION: Is just me or does anyone feel that Arakune is a lot easier to USE (not the same as winning with, lol) in CP than in any of the previous games? I couldn't do shit with Arakune in CS and had a tough time, hence why I kept procrastinating in picking the game up sooner. LOL I feel there was so many useful/situational set ups/combos/resets/curse game/etc in CS that I could not keep up with. But in CP, everything about him is straight forward. Maybe the system changes helped. wadayouthink?

Arakune is arguably less technical in this game.

Also if you have any ideas and suggestions, please share them, even of they sounds our end up being a dumb idea, I encourage it to at least put it to the test.

Also, welcome to the hive!

Pre-curse combos.

It's the same crap as always, corner pre-curse combos were always easy as hell, mid-screen are actually harder since you would always get 70% off anything meterless in CS, double j.D and 100% curse mid-screen combos are way harder than the 100% curse combos from CS. I'd say that overall this Arakune is actually harder to use.

Without going in to it, I'll simply state that I did say "arguably". :P

Something involving Kokonoe, I'm sure, but no definitive answers, no.

I too hate that he's such as minor character in the plot.

So lets do an introduction, eh?

Going into CP I wasn't sure at all who I would main, since I'm usually a grappler player (Kanji 4 lyfe bro) but never really clicked with Tager, and I'll admit Arakune was pretty low on the list of characters I thought I was going to play. But after spending several hours today playing around with the cast in training and challenge modes I'm finding myself more comfortable with Arakune than anyone else, so I think I'll be sticking with him for the time being.

That said, I'm kinda having a hard time figuring out where exactly to start with learning a decent Curse combo, since I've been getting down basic 5a combo routes that end with drive, and I feel like once I get to curse I just end up flailing on buttons to make shit happen. Any suggestions?

Welcome to the hive!

The ways to open up the opponent varies on the combo ender that achieved curse. Usually, you want to be buffering b and d bugs and go for a mix up. Midscreen combos that end in 6a can take advantage of the fake cross up 214b. Or even the real cross up 214a, or a late j.c.

Corner set ups are the easiest, if you buffer 6b and 6d bugs you can go for basically anything. 4b and j.c are easy ones. Try those out. It'll also help to watch a few videos.

Let me know if you have any roadblocks.

Thought I'd introduce myself.  Been lurking these forums for a long time (probably since CT).  Recently decided I'd actually try and get good at this game and start going to local events rather than just dealing with netplay.  The game is so much more enjoyable playing people in person.  I'm not terrible right now, but I could definitely use some improvement.  I'll try and use these threads to further increase my knowledge as well as contribute interesting things I may find out on my own.

And a random question: Why is it (nearly?) impossible to IAD off the ground with this guy?  Always bugs me, because there's plenty of occasions where I would love to be able to do this.  I've been getting better, but trying to input 8664 just confuses my hand.  @_@

I rightly don't know myself, all I know that you input the iad much slower than you normally would with any other character.

Welcome to the hive, if you can, please upload some videos so we can give proper critique!.

There's a local tournament coming up on Saturday.  They're supposed to be doing some streaming, so if I get far enough in that I'll try and find a way to upload videos from that to youtube.  Otherwise I'll upload some random netplay matches in the near future.

Sounds good, can't wait to see them!

Ended up going 3-2 in the tournament.  The players I beat used Litchi, Ragna, and Relius.  The players I lost to used Hakumen and Azrael.  Did about as good as I expected.  Meaning I didn't get embarrassed, but I didn't place.  I can at least reassure myself by saying that the two people I lost to ended up facing each other in grand finals.  Supposedly the videos will be uploaded by tomorrow.  Apparently every game was recorded, so I'll have a few videos to share in the critique thread once I can get my hands on them.  I definitely have a lot of areas of my game that need work.  Looking forward to the feedback.  Really want to try and make this character work, because I doubt I'd be playing BlazBlue if Arakune didn't exist.  I like his character design that much.  >__>

Anyway, what's the future looking like post-patch?  Bright magical sunshine?  More of the same?  Or bleak and grim sorrow?  From what I can gather, Arakune's getting a few nerfs and a few buffs that look like they'll even out.  Some top tiers are getting a few nerfs.  The big one I'm looking forward to is the Kokonoe nerfs.  Looks like she will have a more difficult time dealing with Arakune zoning after the patch.

Just realised that I never introduced myself properly here. I'm an Australian, been playing Arakune since CT, my first ever proper fighting game. Used to play SSBM. I've been running or helping to run tournaments since back in those days, and now we have a nice sized scene with most characters represented. I can't get a decent connection within my own city, so I'll never get to play anyone on here online. One day I hope to get to EVO or some other large American tournament and see how I fair. I know there's a few other Australian's going to EVO this year.

I think Amane is the worst thing to happen to Arakune since forever. I believe we should rename our character Aarakune and reclaim our place as first (and easiest to find) character board on the forum. Also yay patches. I look forward to more activity in the coming weeks.

Hey all,

This is my first post here though I have been lurking for a few years now. I have been playing BB since CSEX and am really getting into CP. I play Arakune and view the forums frequently for new videos and combos/setups. 

Even though I have played close to 200 matches as Arakune in CP I still feel as though my Arakune needs a lot of work and was wondering if someone would be friendly/helpful enough to discuss with/mentor me in a training room online. I have some of the basic stuff down like the C+D bug loop and some corner combos but I find especially midscreen I have a tough time making the most of the 5A/2A starters and usually just lean on the 5A/2A > 2C > 6D link which I know is not always optimal. 

One of the guys I play against most often uses Azrael and I am having a really tough time figuring out how to get around Growler once I have him cursed. Also, my best friend plays Kokonoe and I have a ton of experience in that matchup, but looking to improve and specifically learn midscreen combos with more than 1 curse generating attack. 

So, if you feel like spending a few hours here and there working out with a newer Arakune please send me a friend req on PSN: Chaotic11 -- I play just about every night from 9PM-12:30AM EST. Have mic. Thanks in advance  :AR: