Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Goldenrody

Ugh Youtube...

I noticed recently that a lot of the big GG themed Youtube accounts have been disappearing. In particular, getterbeeeeeeeeeeem, turetanjanaituttanda, bigooooooohh, MDKXL, and HaruShinobi have all been taken down. The first three accounts were easily the biggest archive of GGXX #R, Slash, and pre-2009 Accent Core videos on the Internet. MDKXL and HaruShinobi had tons of GG and BB related combo videos, and I believe they were actually maintained by people in this community.

The one thing that these accounts all had in common is they had tons of combo videos with copyrighted music. Youtube is really touchy with that these days, so I'm guessing they all got flagged for the same thing.

Normally I'd ask if anyone would be willing to reupload some of the combo videos that got taken down, but that seems to be a surefire way to get your account flagged. Guess we have to stick to Nico for now.

you can always change the audio (using the youtube swap audio feature or some other method). i'd make an alt account for that, though.

Personally, it just doesn't feel right that I tamper with the video in any way to change the music besides just uploading it onto YT. It really sucks though that they're just starting to flag those vids since a lot of Millia combo videos I fav'd were taken down. I wonder if it's gonna happen to the BB combo videos as well...

They seem super picky about who to flag though. I know that if it's a popular artist/song there's a very high chance it'll be flagged (eventually, if it even goes up when you first upload it) nowadays but then others have it up on their channels as well and aren't caught? :psyduck:

the disparity between japanese (nicovideo) and youtube guidelines can be really annoying, they can get away with much more than we can. no real solution to this i guess (except a dustloop ftp or something?) stuff like that makes me worried that some time in the future at lot of vids will be lost / hard to find. remember those times before youtube with ggxxjugem, filebank, direct downloads, acho and gamechariot videos on their pages? yeah, those were the days...

Since this seems a good place to ask, does anyone have the order sol combo videos on disk? Because the guy that had em online got his account wiped it seems.