Sign in to follow this  
Tong

[CSE] Ragna Combo Thread/Discussion

Corner Switch Combos for when you mash out of someone's pressure

crouching opponent 2A>2A>5B>5C>6C>IAD under opponent JD>land HJD>jc JD>BE>dash 5D>DID(1)>236C>236C> dash under 3C>HF>TS Damage:2.7k Meter: 49

On standing opponent I've been experimenting with 6A> IAD JA>JD stuff so far I've come up with 2A>5B>6A>IAD JA>JD> land small dash JB>jc JB>CID>236C>214D Damage:1.8k Meter 21 tested on jin

I've hit 6A>IAD JB once and and I've also did 6A>IAD JA>JD> land 5D the latter is unstable. Could someone else test these things when they get the chance?

God damn it, I was saving that for a combo video. XD

6C>IAD j.D is a little too spacing specific for it to be reliable. There's one space where I'm pretty sure it won't work, but that spot is very common. I've been messing with 6C (DC)>dash j.D>j.D recently. It seems more stable, but I'll test it more in a bit.

Turns out 6C>IAD j.D land hjc j.D>j.D is the most stable. If you delay it enough and do the IAD early enough it should work in any spot that you'd actually need it for. Obviously for close 6C you can just DC and it will cross under.

Okay, DJ, for your standing corner swap combos, 6A>IAD j.A>j.D>dash j.B is by far the most stable, and will guarantee corner swap. The only problem I've found with it is that it doesn't work on Plat, no matter what alternative version of the combo I do. I really can't find anything stable for her. Didn't test on everyone, but it works on Carl, so knowing Plat's aerial hitbox, she's probably the only one that causes problems. Other than that, good stuff.

Quick test on CS2, using "CSEX settings".

Best "semi-universal" corner 6B overhead combo.

From strongest to weakest (I forgot the exact damage):

6B 5C 6C delay 214D dash 6B 2C delay 5C (HJC) j.C j.214C dash 6B 5D 623C(1)~Punch (CU) 3C 214A 214D [Note: There might be a 2C just before the 5D, can't remember if it works or not.]

6B 5C 6C (DC) 6D (JC) j.C j.214C 5C 5D(1) 214D dash 2C 5D 623(1)~Punch (CU) 3C 214A 214D

6B 5C 6C (DC) 6B 5C (JC) j.C j.214C 6B 214D 2C 5D 623C(1)~Punch (CU) 3C 214A 214D

Testing the new 6D j.D obviously wasn't possible, but there might be some use to these besides styling I think.

Also, since 6B got improved P1 (did it? Can't remember right now) now, there might be someway to extend these combos.

6B got better P1, but worse P2, and 6D and 5D both got proration nerfs.

That said, those combos are looking good so far. Anyone with extend can probably find a way to milk more damage out of them.

i heard from mash that 6D > j.D > stuff is a lot more stable than 6D > j.D whiff > 5B > stuff

also it shouldn't be used mid-combo unless from either 6C > dc 6B on certain characters or after a hell's fang RC, as there are better and easier ways to get damage (i.e. 6B > 5C > stuff)

hmmm from what mr.632146d posted, knockdown 6b>6d>j.d>5d(2) seems to be char specific tho

just curious but can someone test when this combo would blackbeat ch 5c>6c>dc>6b>6d>j.d>5d(2)>dc>5b/5c/2c>5d(1)>214d>5c/6a>j.d>(dj.d)>j.214c>5d(1)/6b>dp 3c ender

it will most likely black beat on 5D(1) > 214D, as the proration right after 5B is about 34%, which causes -2 hitstun on 5D(1), thus making dead spike not work.

won't work even if you replace the 5B after 5D > dc with 5C. proration would still be under 37%.

No problem, just make 5D hit twice then DS... Though, don't expect DID-Punch to work.

But I dont think the 6B pickup after Belial will be possible.

No problem, just make 5D hit twice then DS... Though, don't expect DID-Punch to work.

But I dont think the 6B pickup after Belial will be possible.

if you can make 5D hit twice into 214D then why the fuck would you not use 5D(1) > 214D

clearly what xlolxlolx is going for is to try and go from midscreen to corner with 5D dc dash 5B 5D(1) 214D

kinda disappointed since its 5c starter but i guess i expected a bit too much :[

6b after a jump normal double jump normal pretty much always worked so i dont see why not, btw would 214d be guaranteed after a knockdown 6b regardless of height?

I woudn't say midscreen, and yes P2 starting point.

There are better combos for this case, he just wants that 6D j.D.

I think 6D delay j.D dash 5D 214D dash 5C works on most characters, but you must hit and delay j.D in a way that 5D DS almost overheads Ragna.

And I dont know why, but I think that j.D is evil...Sure it helps with its massive hitstun, but somewhat screws up the combo I'm not sure why, even though the framedata says it's the same thing as j.C, but with less damage and life drain and different hitboxes.

Edited by Tong

noooooooo

what i'm saying is if you can do 6D > j.D > 5D > 214D > dash 5C just fine

then why not do 6D > j.D > 5D(1) > 214D > dash 5C

^exactly...and im pretty sure 6d>j.d>5d nets more dmg than the lazy 5c>5d, so if it works, well why not try it :/ and if it doesnt....well sometimes you discover new combo parts that could be useful, like before i stopped playing cs2 like half a yr ago i found some derptastic p1 to corner 5b starter combos that are probably better now in cs3 because of that overhead knockdown crap

what ive seen in match vids people just go for 6c>6b>5c>5d(2)>dc>6a>j.d>dj.d>j.214c>shitty dp ender when it probably is possible to do like j.214c>6b>214d>dp 3c stuff

noooooooo

what i'm saying is if you can do 6D > j.D > 5D > 214D > dash 5C just fine

then why not do 6D > j.D > 5D(1) > 214D > dash 5C

Oh, because 5D(1) 214D would probably blue beat on that combo. Repeat proration would be an issue though.

And xlolxlolx, you need good proration in order to Belial > 6B, 6A murders proration. Might work if its off plain 6C.

Actually you can get 6B Dead Spike after Belial Edge more often than you think. For example, 5B 5C 2D RC 5C 5D (1) 214D air combo into belial 6B works.

If you get as 6C starter I am pretty sure you don't need a 6A after 5D, just do 5C. xlolxolx, I'm sure your combo works if you go into air combo -> belial after 5D, then do 6B dead spike D divider stuff. Also has better corner carry.

Because this combo has light proration.

I think I've found the sweet spot for Belial 6B

-You can't do that if the combo requires you to j.D j.214C (j.C would fail)

-While this is true, sometimes j.C j.214C will work, but 6B may fail afertwards. Example:

dash 5B 2C 6A dash 5A 6A (HJC) delay j.C j.214C 6B

dash 5B 2C 6A dash 5A 6A (HJC) j.C (JC) j.C j.214C *tech* 6B

Tested in CS2 of course, I want to see if this is true in CSEX.

Btw, could someone test 5B 6A (JC) delay j.D 5B?

Well, to put things into perspective a little, regarding Belial Edge, 6B.

dash 5B, 5C, 6A (HJC), j.C, j.D (JC), j.C, j.D, j.214C, 6B works.

dash 5A, 5B, 6A (HJC), j.C, j.D (JC), j.C, j.D, j.214C, 6B works.

dash 5A, 5B, 5C, 6A (HJC), j.C, j.D (JC), j.C, j.D, j.214C, 6B does not work.

So basically, ignoring character combo rate, if the total proration dips below 30% before Belial Edge, it won't work. What you put in that post still applies in Extend.

As for 5B, 6A (JC), delay j.D, 5B, sadly no. 6A doesn't have enough untechable time for a sufficient enough delay to get the positioning right, you can't even really get 5A afterwards.

Edited by Final Ultima

So basically, ignoring character combo rate, if the total proration dips below 30% before Belial Edge, it won't work. What you put in that post still applies in Extend.

to be really precise, the proration value has to be at least 27% before using belial edge in order for 6B to work.

if 27% min for j.214c>6b to work then you should be able to do ch 5c>6c>dc>6b>6d>j.d>5d(2)>dc>5c>j.d>dj.d>j.214c>6b>214d>(5d(1))>dp 3c ender, assuming 214d is not affected by the ~24.9% proration after 6b

to be really precise, the proration value has to be at least 27% before using belial edge in order for 6B to work.
By BBCSII proration values, dash 5A, 5B, 5C, 6A (HJC), j.C, j.D (JC), j.C, j.D ends up at about 27.6% and 6B doesn't work after a Belial Edge in that situation to my knowledge, so unless I'm missing a proration change here I think it needs to be more than that. 28%, maybe?

Sign in to follow this