Sign in to follow this  
Villainous

Moves you can BBU on block.

This thread is a compilation of moves that can be punished with BBU on block. Items in red are not BBU related usually but I feel they are important in terms of punishment and will be useful in learning to get everything you can out of each match up. Hope this helps you all!

Punishable Moves with BBU

ABA

DAA

Final low hit of her 3 hit rekka.

Keygrab (she's in CH state!)

TKed Keygrab

First Hit of Danzai (second hit is DOTable on block, first is as well for CH DOT)

FB Danzai (either hit, also same applies as above with DOT)

First hit of Normal mode 632146H super. Second hit can be DOTed, regardless of if she does the follow up or not.

Air Super

Air Super Follow up

Instant Kill

D is Punishable with 2P

Moroha Mode 421H is punishable with 2K.

Anji

IB 6K

D

j.D

Fuujin (either version if done without a follow up)

Fuujin S follow up

P during Autoguard

K during Autoguard

D during Autoguard

(air)214P

Fan Super

Stomp Super

Autoguard Super

Instant Kill

Whiffed 623H can be punished easily with BBU.

Fuujin P can be BBUed on reaction.

Fuujin H loses to 2K.

6K can be punished with 2K or 5K.

DOT counterhits anji after fan super.

BBU goes through butterflies.

Axl

623S

623H

Charge (4)6S

Counter Super

Blocked 2363214H Can be punished with DOT. Alternatively, you can jump after the first circular hit and get a free CH j.H.

The upwards follow up to Axl's charge move can be punished with DOT

2D can be punished with 2K

D can be punished with IB 2K

Baiken

S Counter

P Counter

IB H Counter

IB D

Youzansen (air 623S)

63214H -> S

All Baku Follow Ups

IK

IBing the last hit of Baiken's super lets you punish with DOT

IBed tatami mat on the ground can be punished with 2k, or alternatively, DOT

D can be punished with 2K.

H Counter can be punished with DOT without IBing

Bridget

Starship

Air Starship

D

236K K

IB 236K P

632146S (you can sneak BBU in before the bear even falls)

IK

Blocked Normal into 6H yoyo set

236K P can be punished with 2K.

If opponent cancels D into yoyo set, you can still punish with 2K

Chipp

Betablade

Alpha Blade (BBU goes through the followup and CHs, so it's free either way)

Air Alpha Blade

IB 2nd hit of his Rekka

3rd hit of his Rekka (I would recommend IBing the 2nd hit and punishing though since the third hit can be FRCed)

force break from leaf grab

632146H (best if blocked standing, it's harder to punish if not all the hits are blocked, as he appears behind you further away instead of above you)

IK

If you block alpha blade and DOT and they try to do the follow up, you get a free CH.

Dizzy

D

Dead Angle Attack

Ice Spike (if blocked as close as possible)

Ice Spike can REALISTICALLY be punished by DOT or Mappa if you don't have meter.

Eddie

D

6H

DAA

Shadow Gallery

632146H (at close range)

Sword Super

IK

632146H can be punished with DOT

Faust

6P

41236K (at close range. BBU also goes through this easily)

236S (beats all options except 66 from pogo. 236S into canceled pogo is NOT safe vs Slayer though)

Going My Way

214S

214P

6H (if not canceled into a special immediately)

236236S

41236K can be punished from almost full screen with DOT

236236H Punishes ANYTHING after a blocked 236S except getting off the pogo, none of his other options can beat it or avoid it.

Blockstrings into item throws can be punished with BBU if you're quick. 2k is a more realistic option.

I-No

Dead Angle Attack

IB j.236P

IB Vertical Chemical Love

IK

Duck under horizontal Chemical love and punish with BBU. BBU will also go through it.

j.236S can be punished with 2K. If they TK the move, you have to IB it to be able to punish.

IB D can be punished with 2K

Notes can be punished with 2K if blocked at point blank range

Jam

6H follow up

IB 214K (ground version only)

236S K (only safe if they don't have charges)

632146S

236236H

IK

Johnny

2H

level 1 Mist Finer K

level 1 Mist Finer S

Ensenga

(air) 236S

(air)214S

Jackhound

Return Jackhound

632146H can be punished with 2K

Level 2 Mist finer P and K and level 3 Mist finer K and S can be punished with DOT.

Ky

D

Dead Angle Attack

IB H Stun Edge(up close)

Stun Dipper

Greed Sever

Vapor Thrust

Force Break Super

Ride the Lightning

IK

236H can be punished with DOT at mid range after IBing. (LOOOOOOOL)

2D can be punished with 2K if they don't cancel it.

236S can be punished with 5K up close.

236H can be punished with 2K up close

BBU goes through Stun Edges

May

Horizontal H Dolphin

IB Horizontal S Dolphin

S or H Vertical Dolphin

623S

Jackhound

Whale Super

Punish long distance dolphin hoop setting with DOT.

Millia

D

DAA

Bad Moon

214P

Wing Super

IK

Order-Sol

623H

Charge Burst

IB Fafnir

Tyrant Rave

Level 1 Savage Fang

Dragon Install

IB 6H into DOT.

D can be punished with 2K

Punish Bandit Revolver with throw.

Potemkin

Judge Gauntlet

Hammerfall

Reflector Followup

Slidehead

6H if not special canceled.

although not truly a punish since 2S is special cancelable, IBing 2S yields a free 2K or 5K if they don't follow it up.

IB 6H into slide head can be beaten with 236236H (haha, so it has a use?!)

Robo-Ky

5H

D

DAA

IB 2S

IB 2H

623H

236236S headbutt followup

IK

2S can be punished with 2K.

2H can be punished with 2K.

Slayer

Dandy P

Dandy K

IB D

BBU

Both Supers

IK

D can be punished with 2K

Sol

D

623S/H

Grand Viper

Tyrant Rave

IK

2D can be punished with 2K if not special canceled

IB close range gunflame for free 2K

Punish bandit revolver with throw

Testament

6H

Badlands (tiger kneed badlands can only be punished with 2K)

Master of Puppets

IK

Punish trap sets from block strings with DOT

Venom

D

2D if not special canceled

6H

623H

623D

IK

623 S can be punished with 2K

j.236H can be punished with DOT

Zappa

6H

236P

236S with Sword out

623S with Sword out

214S with Raoh

Centipede Super

D can be punished with 2K or DOT.

5H can be punished with 2K.

BBU goes through ghost tosses

Anji

D

2D

Nagiha

Kou

FB Kou

Sou

Shin: Nishiki

Issei Ougi: Sai

Tenjinashi

Kachoufuugetsu

Zetsu

also

Long Range Scalpel Stab (must be done before it's blocked, BBU will go through it)

isn't it off topic here?

isn't it off topic here?

Hmm I figured someone might say something about that.

Certain moves I feel like are actually punishable on reaction with BBU. The scalpel stab is so slow that you can react to and punish them for doing it, so I felt like it should be included. There's other moves like the 2nd hit of HOS's tyrant rave that you can visually react to and punish without taking a blind guess, so I feel like those moves should be included.

If you guys don't want em there though I can take em out. Or we can turn this into a "What moves can be punished on block and what moves will BBU go through easily" thread. It's up to you guys.

I'm about to sit down and go through some frame data and test it in training mode so I'll have a lot more added to this list later.

i would guess all these block also means the opponent doesnt' FRC or RC the attack as well so i guess i will put this? Millia S Disc, you can block and BBU? i remember it was possible, and also Sliding sword thingy? and Bad moon? and probalby her Wing Super i would think.. also for RK if he doesn't FRC 5H :X and i dunno about 2H? you guys got to test that out XD

Ok for ABA's Danzai, don't bother blocking the second hit EVER. Force that bitch to use 75% to make the FB safe. Just IB first hit and you can do BBU, DOT... Regular block you can D step K and get a really good tension building combo going.

mmm, i think this list needs testing - because some moves despite having GB- enough to be punished by BBU can end up being too far away for BBU to reach.

mmm, i think this list needs testing - because some moves despite having GB- enough to be punished by BBU can end up being too far away for BBU to reach.

i don't think "GB-" means quite what you think. that's referring to guard bar = guard gauge, not static difference = frame (dis)advantage.

Millia S Disc, you can block and BBU? i remember it was possible,

That shouldn't be possible, S disc is completely safe. Even though it's -1, I'm pretty sure most characters can't even interrupt 5K after blocked S disc because of the distancing.

which of these are actually guaranteed on block.. as in the opponent can't block?

All of them, that's the point of the thread. ;)

Also sorry for the slowness on getting this updated, I've been pretty busy lately so hopefully things let up and I can sit down with this and get a complete list.

That shouldn't be possible, S disc is completely safe. Even though it's -1, I'm pretty sure most characters can't even interrupt 5K after blocked S disc because of the distancing.

ah, ok that clarifies things then... they probalby weren't blocking then :3 rofl... or unless is it actually possible to IB the S Disc to BBU?

rtl42, yeah, you're right. i was sleepy and mixed terms up.Ok, so some moves have SD to be punishable by BBU, but they end up at the distance where BBU wont reach. Like Zappa's 236S, H with sword - can be punished by k mappa, but not by BBU most of the time. And about Millia's S disk - IB will make it -4 - still not enough for any punish outside of 2p. So SB it =) Also Anji's 2D should be removed from the list. I forgot that it's special-cancelable, so it wont be a last hit in the guard string.

Ok I've started my research, finished Anji and ABA. All the information in red is not BBU related but is useful in terms of punishment. I figured it would be useful to have all of this in one place, so I think I'll just turn this into a BBU punishment and useful other information in regards to punishing stuff thread. Oh wow this is interesting. Faust's 236S is COMPLETELY unsafe to BBU. Nothing he can do afterwards will beat it. Slayer rapes Faust so hard >_<

Ok I spent the whole night going through frame data and checking stuff in training mode to see if it was feasible or if there were other ways to punish than just BBU. Took quite a while but I'm finally finished now. Pretty sure I got everything but if you guys have anything to add, feel free. Also on terms of little known punishing knowledge, go check out the pot section. I found some stuff that'll make that fight a lot easier. Also on that same note, eternal wings has a use! Extra big lol goes out to IBing Ky's HS fireball and getting a free DOT. :vbang: Oh and, can this get a sticky maybe?

Oh wow this is interesting. Faust's 236S is COMPLETELY unsafe to BBU. Nothing he can do afterwards will beat it.

what about 236S -> 44 ?

Yep, tested it. BBU still beats it. :keke: edit: wait, I completely forgot about 66 from the pogo. Had to remove that stuff since it's not guaranteed anymore, but atleast if they're slow, BBU still wins, and beats out the other options. On the other hand, 236236H beats out all of his options except getting off the pogo, where as BBU beats that, so if you pay close attention to what he does after a pogo, you can punish accordingly.

Sign in to follow this