Sign in to follow this  
Shinobi!

AC: Ky Kiske Discussion

Yes. It's always had that. 5S is -3 now vs. -1. 6K went from +6 to +4 5D is 4 frames worse. Bleh.

6K doesn't Gattling? 6H Gattlings into like Every single move Ky has minus 2P and 5P. And those are 4 and 5 frames so damn near imposible to cover after 6H anyway? Plus it cranks Gaurd bar more? I'll be starting my Block Strings with Wierd stuff. I'll find out what works and what doesn't. Deciding now is silly.

well, ac is coming out soon and HNK isnt near me at the moment so i decided it is a good time to look at ky's frame data.

the only advantages seem to be...

HS (+1)

6K (+4)

6H (+2)

2P (+1)

seems like you can still 6K loop in block strings at least

Did 5K always have -80 prorate and -5?

Also i will be the first to stun edge, frc, throw with the stun edge passing the opponent throught there back!

I don't think it would be wise to 6K in a block string because unless it's off a 6H the oppoent can just IB and grab Ky in the middle of the 6K animation

Also understand. 6K is also super-cancellable so therefore you can use it in a block string with SE if you want to waste tension.

I don't think it would be wise to 6K in a block string because unless it's off a 6H the oppoent can just IB and grab Ky in the middle of the 6K animation

the japanese use it all the time from the vids i have watched :v:

K has always been -5 80% damage proration. Also doing 6K ONCE in a while is ok, just don't make it a habit as you can get countered, thrown, DPed out of it. I'm going to miss the +15 from the old 6HS =(

the japanese use it all the time from the vids i have watched :v:

Like Jet said every once and a while. I'm sure in a single match no Ky uses it more then once. Or at least any smart Ky's.

I've been thrown out of 6K so many times it hurts =(

You guys sure do live in a weird world. When I played I dont recall ever getting thrown inbetween a attack to f+k. If your being thrown out of something like that, I have to assume you dont mix it up enough... Also the move is faster now, so in a waaaaaaay it would be even harder to throw it in the first place. Though since im posting, since the move automaticly knocks down in the air, its stun is no longer valid in air combos. So very light characters perhaps its possible to get air loops with it eh? stand hs, f+k, duck p, stand hs, f+k.... Of course im sure you'll have to warm them up by maybe hitting them a few times so there just heavy enough so there not being knocked back into the air to much, but still arent falling to fast. But perhaps possible. So yea maybe some stuff like that, probably a lot of random air combos you could get with it. Maybe even some random ass combo video type stuff like combo yadda yadda, there in the air then f+k, slide, FRC to combo to bring them to corner yadda yadda... But then again, in a world where people are regularly thrown out of f+k strings, im sure everything I said wont make sence..... Also although f+hs isnt the same anymore, no move is really useless, the range on the move is pretty large, the question is where does kys hit box it self. Although the hit box on the move seems pretty deceptivly shitty from what ive seen(ive seen aba just do her regular slide "under" it even though its obviously englufing her in elec), if ky himself cant be hit where his sword hit, it could give you a ghetto safe meaty attack from about half screen away which seems to be its range. Plus who says moves have to hit the first frame? So plus 2 is obviously misleading. And of course with that much range ky now has a much better way to abuse unblockable dust bugs etc. Since if it hits half screen as it is, ky basicly has almost a full screen attack in situtions now.

i have never seen 6K be thrown before, i mean in a block string there is too much block stun to even try to do anything depending on the move used before 6K. I was jking about using it on wakeup btw

i have never seen 6K be thrown before, i mean in a block string there is too much block stun to even try to do anything depending on the move used before 6K.

I was jking about using it on wakeup btw

Unless the move has good + blockstun before the 6K you can instant block the move before the 6K and move forward a bit and throw them before the 6K animation finshes.

Also! Did anyone ever answer my question if Ky can do his 222HS on ground commands like Robo Ky and Bridget? I really need someone to check for me!

I havnt had much time to try all teh bugs I theorized about when the game came out, but if anyone remembers them seems my guessing was right for the ones ive tried so far... You can do knock down to big blue, FRC, raichu then air combo. Unfortantly, it doesnt appear to work mid screen as the recovery is exstremly long, not to mention timing is quite strict... Well fuck that its combo video strict. Sweep, big blue, FRC, raichu is pretty damn hard in my half hour with the game it seems. You cant really buffer it ethier as if you do you go into instant kill mode it seems. Bummer... So not sure how usefull it will be, at least from sweep that is. Also seems they did change the stick to the ground bug after all. Strangely enough you can not raichuu a OTG burst, BUT you can raichu durning air combos after stick to the ground bug(even though there in the air... why it works for "regular combos" but not bursting I dont know).. doesnt seem to usefull though as it brings them straight to the ground shrug... Maybe if you can dust combo them somehow so raichuu hits them durning the dust way high so you can recover in time... shrug Again I havnt had much time to mess with the game, but seems so far most the stuff I talked about when the game came out is working shrug.

Found an odd bug tonight, did a search and couldn't find anything about it, soo... I had Potemkin in a corner, hit him with standing dust, did the follow up jump, then immediately did 214D. I landed after that, Pot teched, landed, then jumped over me hitting the cross. The background then went blue and star-y as if I'd hit him during a normal dust launch. Seems pretty useless, but it was kind of cool none-the-less.

misc things... electric sphere thing gets wider right before it disapates. Not as large as the animation by any means. But it does get bigger. So theorecticly youd want to acctauly get to a spot where the bit of it would wiff so you would be at a greater advantage. Also beacuse of this, although unlikely you could the super freeze unblockable bug with it as well while going into lazy super... Also if you time lazy super to hit late, you are acctauly at the advantage after it, though seems you can only combo after it, if its a counter hit. Although not likely, its theorecticly probably possible. Say you got the other guys gaurd jacked up, they try to jump you electric sphere thing(Unfdable), they bounce on and off it, you lazy super, then fall into it, then run in and combo. 6hs combos to air big fireball on stagger 2 but not 3. 6hs combos to air slash fireball on stagger 3 but not 4. Probably not to usefull though since the stun is so shit on slash version though. You can still shin akuma with big blue in the air. However even though the recovery is better, since you also fall faster its acctauly harder to then it was before shrug. With double hit no push back bug thing, seems now game always takes priorty on the projectile. So be warned or something. Not gonna spoon feed exactly(and there pretty combo videoish anyway so not to likely durning a real match), but you can relaunch with raichuu off stuff like... 6hs(anti air), jump ex dust, land raichu sweep super fireball, big blue, FRC, raichu/ sweep(counter hit, certain character only.. hell might be on some with out),big blue FRC, raichu air counter hit of some nature, or something where your in the air knocking the guy down, big blue in the air, FRC, land raichu Just to name a few. Also yea stick to ground bug doesnt work the same, now counts as otg, so you can do air combos with raichu in that fashion. However raichu always knocks straight down, so even if there in the air, no combo. Perhaps if from really high dust if you could somehow time eh? maybe.............. Also although that works in that mannor, stick to the corner bug is still the same so you can not raichuu off those. Also you can stun dipper, super fireball, FRC, raichu. Unfortantly super fireball is so fast, by time there launched, opponent is to far away, and fireball only hits once or twice... so comboing after seems impossible. Its also possible to get double raichus in certain situtions. Normaly you cant otg to raichu. but sometimes you can.... dunno if its just timeing or something else though. Didnt bother testing much, so cant say exactly why. I was hopeing combos with frc hs fireball, to f+hs would work well. But seems there pretty combo videoish in terms of timeing/distanceing.... Bummer. You can now chain combo with f+k in the air(as i expected)... Unfortantly it knocks down much faster then I anticapated so, you cant really get anything. Perhaps combo videoish thing, with hitting opponent so they are just right weight etc... As I said in that other thread, there are ghetto gimmicky set ups for chooseing how many times you want big blue to hit, to go for throw mix ups etc. Hrmm its late and again I dont want to spoon feed so just to stop on a compeltely random note, for whatever reason all of kys news moves are with his X outfit. Weather or not perhaps all these moves were orginaly drawn back in X days(doubtful)or they just forgot what his outfit looked like when they changed it in XX(most likely) who knows.

Aba appears to be the only character you could realsticly land raichuu relaunch combos on. And even then there pretty combo videoish.. To bad. Sweep, fireball FRC, f+hs combos seem a little more likeable then standing ones. But even then they seem a little hard to do in a real match consitently. Lock on fireball bug seems a lot more likely now since big blue in the air is faster. Deffintly seems like a more legitment tactic then a tricky one now. And is pretty much safe from most stuff. And with FRC basicly 95%(random guess lol)safe. So yea safe, tricky random mix up. And one of the only punishes to it air throw, is also risky beacuse of FD break, meaning you can combo them for them throwing you. Nice... Seems youd more have to expect it to punish it then being able to react to it from seeing it now. Anyway yea im happy about this cuz fun stuff being usefull is always... fun. Or something. Although you can EX dust, and then fireball. You can not do the reverse. Bizare. So saying that it would seem unlike regular dust which doesnt acctualy count as a fireball when applying to the double fireball rule, this one does. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Ky seems pretty funner/strong(er) then before in the air to air deparment. So heres a random flow chart for some stuff air to air. Also use commen sence when reading, so if you lack it... well then dont read. Also note as I said lock on big blue is much faster and basicly safe now, so deffintly a good mix up. Its unfortante that air slash fireball does such little stun or else im sure these mix ups would be much more ridiculous. But shrug thats life I guess. Also im going to in general assume that when blocked you are doing k, s, hs. Of course theres more but again commen sence, this isnt everything you can. Just examples. Also of course hs can/should be delayed if you want to plant a EX dust to go for throw attempts since doing hs to early will allow them to block the dust and you miss your throw.... (And again this is assumeing on block) From medium, to far range.... 1)Jump K,S,HS --1a)qcf+s FRC -----1ab)air dash right after ---------1aba)S(cross up),qcf+hs FRC(lock on bug) --------------1abaa)falling s/hs to combo(overhead mix up) --------------1abab)land duck k to combo, sweep to mix up(low mix) --------------1abac)falling dust, if hits combo, if blocked follow up for pressure* ---------1abb)Wait till you turn around then S/HS qcf+s FRC** -----1ac)wait a bit air dash*** ---------1aca)S,HS land then combo/block string(overhead mix up) ---------1acb)land throw(throw mix up) ---------1acc)land low(low mix up) ---------1acd)S,HS, EX dust --------------1acda)throw to combo --------------1acdb)combo/block string ---------1ace)S/S EX dust qcb+K**** --1b)qcb+D FRC***** 2)Jump K,S,HS(delay a bit) --2a)EX dust****** -----2aa)qcf+D/qcf+D FRC to pressure -----2ab)jump D ---------2aba)air qcf+D ---------2abb)air qcf+D FRC******* --------------2abba)falling S, jump foward ---------------------2abbbaa)HS, land to combo/block string ---------------------2abbbab)land throw ---------------------2abbbac)land to low combo/block string --------------2abbb)Air dash********* ---------2abc)Falling K,D land to pressure/land qcf+D********* ---------2abd)Go to 2abba -----2ac)air qcf+D/qcf+D FRC(If FRCed go to 2abba or 2abbb) -----2ad)F+hs, air dash********** ---------2ada)S(cross up)qcf+D frc(lock on bug) ---------2adc)HS(wait till you turn around), qcf+hs, FRC, air dash back in for mix up * Nice pattern here. If its blocked no worry, your still at the advantage so run and follow up for some other mix ups. If it hits, the dust will launch them so be ready with a air combo. ** Akward to do, since you have to be high in the air, and then wait for yourself to turn around, while still being high enough to be able to air fireball for more mix up. *** Obviously you want to be low enough to where it will hit the opponent ducking, but not low enough that the air dash slash will miss. Remember that Slash fireball doesnt do enough stun to cause fuzzy gaurdish type situtions so again, the distance/timeing on the air dash is pretty important. You can also get the turn around effect like the strings above it(wait till you turn around then attack for the cross up etc), however again your so low its fairly hard to time. Of course if you do get somewhere in between the above air dash and the below one, that allows you to work in some air fireball strings with it. But thats another story or something. **** Pretty random/ghetto/gimmicky, but besides being a random over head mix up(again as long as the opponent knows something as possible, or have something in the back of there mind that will allow you to get away with things perhaps you shouldnt) if you time it the lightsaber will cross up. ***** I didnt write it out beacuse I feel its pretty self explainatory. Same stuff/mix ups that you had in slash, but now its much faster/much more viable. All same mix ups in general apply, air dash to throw/low what have you. But of course takes a bit longer to hit the guy, and you have more freedom once you land to and continue your mix up. Also depending on when you air dash will decide if the air fireball crosses up or not, so you have that mix up going for you with this. Theres also misc cross ups with this as well. ****** A really fun/safe(perhaps obvious) pattern here. You want to delay the HS a bit so you can plant the EX dust just a little lower then normaly if you hit HS as soon as possible. You should be at a really good distance, not to close not to far away from the opponent. And beacuse of proxemity blocking the opponent cannot "move". So there basicly stuck there. Of course attacking is also dangerous since EX dust doesnt go away when ky is hit. So although not as mix upy as the slash air fireball strings. If you want to really start your pressure seems like a good place to get things in motion. For the most part you should be able to get a free qcf+D etc started since its in general to risky to attack you since at this distance your basicly inside of your EX dust. Granted of course theres things like grand viper, but again use commen sence. ******* Again your pretty much "safe" to start your pressure here. Dust to air big fireball is a true combo on block. ******** Cool stuff right here. Basicly just air dash, then say I dunno, dust? Or Hs? or whatever. Basicly you can sandwhich the guy in between you and your EX dust. Depending on Exactly where you air dashed, if you air dash and HS your HS will hit them back into the EX dust. So again tricky stuff, and its all pretty much safe for you to start. And of course the obvious mix ups apply of them getting worried about getting knocked into the EX dust so they might get a little ancy on blocking low to try and avoid it which makes overheads say dust easier to hit. ********* Jump dust, to land qcf+D is not a true combo. BUT, remember your coverd by your EX dust at this range. You should be basicly inside of it, so trying to poke you out of it can be fairly risky. Again this whole second flow chart really isnt so much about mixing it up, but about allowing you to start your pressure for free basicly, while still pushing the opponent to the corner and getting a mix up here and there. ********** Again these are just examples, theres tons of stuff you can do of course. But the last one is a little random, again the guy will get sandwhiched in between you and the dust. Deffintly a more gimmickyish type one, but just for example. You'll have to use the Hs fireball instead of the slash one here though as slash most likely wont hit. But again just examples. From close range.... Im not gonna go into super detail or anything but in general you cant get quite as much mix up wise from the fireballs etc. But you can get the obvious tricky stuff like delay the jump Hs a bit EX dust then land throw etc. Also of course if your doing a more jabby type air to air to bring them down theres always the old ghetto trick of lots of jabs, then right before you land dust, to throw. Or if you think they will try and hit you out of it, super after the dust for the super unblockable set up. Again ghetto, but its there. Anyway yea ill just stop there, just some examples, tons of stuff you can do, and of course use commen sence when timeing etc character to character yadda yadda.

Sorry unfortnatly apperently I cant according to fake little bitchs like poon? Just in case you didnt know poon likes to talk shit about you in seekrit forums, but then go up to you in person and try and ride you. True story. Watch out. Kys not gay though, sorry. On topic. Dust combo to lazy super to another combo MIIIIIIIIGht link on very light characters. Not poon though.

random ex ky differences(Note im iffy on slash the diffs there I dun recall correctly to well..) Duck hs is much slower... Still one hit like ac ky though now. F+hs, is like opposite of this f+hs. You can chain into it from more stuff, but chaining out of no go. Maybe faster? Better fireballs. Seems basicly same as slash ex ky. But little worse. Where as in slash I thought EX ky had fireballs how regular ky should have been, these are kinda same, but you can tell that slash has a bit better recovery, and hs a bit worse. Still FRCable and do more stun then regular kys. Big fireball same as old one. Though looks wise his sword doesnt glow the whole time anymore. Ah... Okay... Random thing to take out if ive ever seen one. needle spike was raped seems. Doesnt work in same combos anymore. Just i dunno.. much worse. Though it still goes to light saber like in slash. And has a FRC now? That is I dont recall it having one in slash. Also holding the button makes the first slash wiff from certain ranges now, dun recall if it did that in slash ethier. No raichuu/lighting strike. That is at least didnt seem so. Super ride lighting ball crapola seems worse. does less hits maybe? Maybe it did less hits in slash. Just doesnt seem same. Flip slash still doesnt cross up like in X. I guess the move was just TO good in X..... ... . . . Air dust knocks in air now. In slash IIRC it still kept you on ground like before. But now it has this effect. Dunno if shoryuken loops are still in, didnt try. Air throw doesnt bounce off wall. Did it not bounce off for ex ky in slash as well? I dont remember. Grand viper thing FRC made easier again. I forget which games, some games its like FRC, some games it was JF. I could do it pretty easily seemed, so unless I was lucky they made it easier again. Hrmm I think that was it. Other then that basicly same idea as usual with the ex guys, pretty similar, but kinda.. diff.

Sign in to follow this