Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Oiboi

Zappa Vs. Ky

Matchup strategies for Ky. Naked/Unsummon: -Wait for him to make a mistake and poke into summon. Most of his moves can't get through the summon, so it's relatively safe to spam it here (as long as you don't act stupid and summon into a stun edge coming from across the screen, anyways). -Watch out for Greed Sever and 236K. Keep your defense up, don't get mixed up or you're going to pay for it. Summon will beat the second part of 236K. -6P Goes through f.S, 5k will avoid 2S but beware that it may not work at close range. 2S is fast, so it's hard to dodge with 5K anyways; if he likes to use it, you can probably anticipate though. Ghosts: -Zone him as safely as you can. He's quick and has a lot of range, so watch out for rushdowns and punish with a SJ j.HS when necessary. Ghost tosses will work best (Try S toss FRC K toss if you anticipate a 236K to get away from the S toss). -As with Sol, keep a ghost at all times if you can manage. Ky isn't too difficult to get some damage on, but keep in mind that he's rather heavy. -Once you get a haunting, you can start playing with his head and baiting him into getting hit by the ball/banana/flowerpot. Get up in his face (shouldn't be too hard, Ky's love to pressure) and wait for a CH/poke him and get a combo in. -Grabs always catch people off guard when you have the ghosts, particularly Ky's because they'll try to poke and pressure as much as possible. Wait for them to get into blockstun and nab them as soon as possible. Sword: -He can outpoke most of the swords moves, actually, so be wary. j.HS Is actually applicable if your careful, FRC and FD if you think there going to do a DP. Also, j.HS beats Greed Sever hands down, just jump and hit it and it'll win. -Poke his gaps in pressure strings and punish. DP FRC is your friend. Only his projectiles will beat the swipe. -Overall, once you get a hit in the sword can deal a load of damage to Ky. His weight makes it particularly easy to combo him with the sword, since he simply falls into the hits. Dog: -Best summon aside from Raou on Ky. He lacks any multihit moves (unless you count Sacred edge and 236K, which can be ran under/punished) so just pressure him. -While he lacks multihits, he's very quick, so you better have fast reactions for resummon or blocking. Poke him into combos while minding his own pokes. -Set your dog up in a good spot and theres nothing he can do. Get the dog behind him or set up near you and wait for him to try to pressure you, than poke him with the dog. Raou: -As usual, Pressure him. Chip damage as required until you open him up. -Watch out for a CSE when you do Darkness Anthem. If you can time it right, you can cancel CSE by hitting it with the Charge hits of Darkness Anthem, then throwing the DA for the third hit. However, in most cases, Ky can hit you while your doing it unless your right in there face. If you block CSE and wait for him to come in to continue pressure, Hit him with Edguy. -Ky's only options is to attempt to zone or block. Keep the pressure until he makes a mistake and end it. Overall: Ky's pokes make this a frustrating match. However, it's hard to say who has a clear advantage in this match. If your careful, Zappa can be just as threatening and scary. Gaurd low the majority of this match. He's got some fast pokes, like his 5K, that will hit low, so unless you see an overhead coming (5D, 214K), stay down. Run under his projectiles and prepare for him to try to poke low if your too slow. You can 5K after you get past the projectile, which is probably safest, but if he's still in the move get a 6P in before he recovers. Watch your defense and this shouldn't be too tricky. As usual, feel free to comment and add your own tips. I'll try to consolidate any and all info added into the first post here.

I know this match up quite well since I play Sytha XD When using the dog, and you lunge then try to follow up with the diagonal dog move, ky can actually greed severe over it which may catch you off guard if you are rushing in for follow up pressure. Also, an advantage zappa has is that since zappa's crouch is so low, he has a lot more time than other characters to see and reactive to the greed severe. and yeah, running under projectiles is really good no matter what summon zappa has. If you think ky is going to hit low against you can use a move with invincibility (summon, last edge, sword 623HS) just have to look out if he frc blocks or something ghosts are great against ky I think. I think ky usually tries to slide under the ghosts so throw bouncing ghosts XD

i recently play a lot against ky,most of what i have to say is said in the first post here :) i discovered 2 things, Ghosts are really good against him,i usually throw 236k in the air,frc. it's strange but my friend is kind of fearless against raoh,he come running,he air dash,...but you know what raoh does in this situation 214s® into "win" :)

i recently play a lot against ky,most of what i have to say is said in the first post here :)

i discovered 2 things, Ghosts are really good against him,i usually throw 236k in the air,frc.

it's strange but my friend is kind of fearless against raoh,he come running,he air dash,...but you know what raoh does in this situation 214s® into "win" :)

yeah, I heard zappa's ghosts is supposed to be one of ky's worst match ups and ky supposedly has a match up advantage against raoh O.O

and ky supposedly has a match up advantage against raoh O.O

I can see this from Raoh's startup on some of his moves, plus getting out poked in many instances. Sure, you have the better uppercut, but that's really it.